A Spirited Perfect Ten

the.dreamfinder

Disneyland Paris has confirmed it will not open its gates today.
http://www.disneylandparis.com/en-us/calendars/park-hours/
image.png

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
the most probably thing will be.. the removal of the bribed officials (from jail to execution depending on how bad it was)
and big fines to those involved.
I dont think Shangai Disneyland will somehow get blocked from opening.

Neither do I but Shendi's assets will probably also be transferred to another government backed consortia (as is Shendi itself) and contracts voided how that affects Disney is unknown it ranges from catastrophic to nothing to see.

Right now it's BAD in China there is much internal dissent which is not being reported by the western news services and Xi is cracking down HARD on GOVERNMENT corruption as it delegitimizes the rule of the Chinese Communist Party. Xi will take whatever action which serves the internal needs of China, If it happens to negatively impact a western company - well there are 100 who will be happy to take it's place.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I know this topic has been brought up by the Spirit in the past, so I'll post this here. Yet another article casting a questionable eye on the practice of stock buybacks.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money.../14/stock-buybacks-investors-stocks/74719652/

The last half of the article is most informative in that in many cases share buybacks are simply stealthy executive compensation. A true buyback is not so bad where no new shares are being issued. But in most cases companies are continuing to issue large blocks to executives.

HauntedMansionFLA

ROFL.

Sorry, Lee. Are we really resurrecting the non-story?

Bob Iger must be doing an extraordinary job if folks need to go back to that non-issue, non-story again. Is he really so perfect as to have not made any new perceived mistakes for people to go on about and create conspiracy theories for?
Iger has done a great job. Walt Disney Company has more to it than just the theme parks. And if he is so horrible, why do they keep extending his contract?

rael ramone

The last half of the article is most informative in that in many cases share buybacks are simply stealthy executive compensation. A true buyback is not so bad where no new shares are being issued. But in most cases companies are continuing to issue large blocks to executives.

Why would an executive show faith in the company they run by buying shares with their own money at full price when they can make the companys shareholders buy back shares instead, especially when they eventually redirect those treasury shares into their own piggybanks? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The Empress Lilly

Here, I'll assert that again.
Willow, at the behest of Bob and Zenia, had the article pulled from the Huffington Post.

Fact, like it or not.

She should have been forced out.
Not only do you know it was pulled by Willow, but also that she did so at the behest of Bob and Zenia? Did she make her nefarious, interest-conflicting motive public? Did she confide in people? Did she leave a written track record of this information, that would be highly damaging to both her and her husband's career?
Or is that all just guesswork from 'credible sources'? If they are sitting on a smoking gun, hard evidence, then why don't they act on it?

I am in the end not unwilling to believe the article was pulled at Willow's request, or even while acting at the behest of TWDC, but that is still nothing irregular. The motive could still be journalistic shortcomings on the part of the author. Who reports that and with which ulterior motive is not relevant to the quality standards and journalistic integrity of HuffPo or Willow.

If that article was removed for reasons of censorship, surely the author would protest? Somewhere, at some point? His utter lack of protest is still the main argument nothing nefarious happened.

And this is not a budding inconsequential reporter. This is a billionaire heir close to the heart of one of the world's greatest media conglomerates, and a sworn enemy of TWDC at that.

Also, Huff staff have a long, proud history of getting up in arms over infringements of their editorial liberty. Why are they silent too?

Are all sources perhaps circle-quoting each other? Sources at the HuffPo repeating rumours they heard from outside, only to in turn pass these on to outside sources again, who now by having their own rumours 'confirmed' think the rumours originate from within?

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Iger has done a great job. Walt Disney Company has more to it than just the theme parks. And if he is so horrible, why do they keep extending his contract?

Iger's ONLY achievement has been pumping the stock price, Eisner grew the company 800% from start to end, Iger has grown the company by 63% But under Eisner the stock valuations were not inflated as they are now.

AEfx

Are you accusing posters of using multiple accounts?
Because doing so would violate the rules of the site, and such offenders should be reported accordingly.

I think the admin are quite well aware of who has multiple accounts. If it's obvious to anyone who looks even a few inches under the surface, with the IP data they have I'm sure it's even easier. As the same who gets a pass on all the other moderation rules, I'd assume that's why that rule doesn't seem to apply to them, either.

AEfx

Iger's ONLY achievement has been pumping the stock price,

And repairing the relationship with Pixar, completing their purchase after the preceding regime totally soured the relationship.

And making two of the smartest, most profitable buys of all time that every other studio in the world is insanely jealous of - Marvel and Star Wars.

Oh, and not to mention the rousing success of DCA 2.0 and he is now shepherding a financial investment in WDW that we haven't seen in decades.

Seriously, if people want to complain about him, so be it - but the ignoring of reality does nothing but take away from any valid point that may be made about him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom