Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

RSoxNo1

TT2 fits into Future World theming much better and has a better post show than TT1 but overall I have to vote for the original. I miss the hot and cold rooms, the bumpy downhill, crash dummies and the overall ride theme. I don't understand all of the hate for the SSE descent. I love the whole ride and I think the video finales are pretty funny.
The Pre-Show and post Show of Test Track feel very EPCOT Center to me. The ride feels too sterile though. It's predecessors were a bit more light hearted.

Luxe

I think the reason why I don't like the new TT as much as the old one is because there's just not much going on it seems. What I loved about the original TT was that there was so much stuff to look at in the queue and on the ride. Just the little mechanical details of the machines and the props scattered throughout of things that you might actually find in a crash test centre. To me that was fun to ride through and look at all of these cool sets while you cruise around and go through some fun tests that shook you about and tickled your senses. Now there is almost nothing to look at except a boring screen here and there. It's just light up cardboard that fails to portray any sense of depth or connection with the riders in the car. The colour palate is flat the entire ride until you get outside which breaks the theming of "virtual car testing" for obvious reasons. Maybe if they had redesigned it so there were some 3D elements where you wore glasses to create a more virtual effect it would be more interesting but then there's the issue of people throwing/losing/dropping their glasses onto the track which wouldn't be nice.

Either way I much prefer the old one but I still ride TT2 because it's a very cool ride system.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I can say I have yet to ride Soarin and it not receive applause at the end, so a lot of people are legitimately blown away by the ride
Same here. Always applause at the end. And if you ride it often enough, you start to recognize how people laugh everytime during the pre ride video when Patrick says, "these little beauties" and "nice work, pal"

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Ive always been curious as to why people love to proclaim how awful they think Soarin' is because they rode it so many times it got boring (thats not Soarin's fault). Or they feel the ride is not good enough or fun enough for them? If thats the case, what did you expect when you entered an attraction called SOARIN', a loop to loop roller coaster? Id love to see their personal version of what Soarin' should be. Probly not a good one.

For those who have motion sickness issues, thats another issue and I understand why it would not be "fun", but some people just seem to hate it for the sake of hating it.

rucifee

Ive always been curious as to why people love to proclaim how awful they think Soarin' is because they rode it so many times it got boring (thats not Soarin's fault). Or they feel the ride is not good enough or fun enough for them? If thats the case, what did you expect when you entered an attraction called SOARIN', a loop to loop roller coaster? Id love to see their personal version of what Soarin' should be. Probly not a good one.

For those who have motion sickness issues, thats another issue and I understand why it would not be "fun", but some people just seem to hate it for the sake of hating it.

My only problem with Soarin is that the film quality is so very bad, the last time we rode there were black spots all through it from the film degrading. I haven't really seen people hating it for the sake of hating it.

Bairstow

What did crash test dummies being tested have to do with the future? In all its orange and white stripped barrier and mid 90s industrial feel glory?

At least the current version is themed to match the park. Which is saying something.

The majority of World of Motion, Spaceship Earth, and The Living Seas weren't about the future either.

Bairstow

Half of Earth 82-93 and most of Seas were...

Seas, as I recall, has always been a combination aquarium and oceaneering museum, with only the "Seabase Alpha" framing theme serving to associate it with the future. The various deep sea robots and diving suits on display were a already a couple years old when the park opened.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Seas, as I recall, has always been a combination aquarium and oceaneering museum, with only the "Seabase Alpha" framing theme serving to associate it with the future. The various deep sea robots and diving suits on display were a already a couple years old when the park opened.
Alpha was the attraction! Soon as you left preshow two. Even preshow one theming was futuristic.

It was always a "near future" seabase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom