The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

seriously, ditch Safari, its the MAC version of Internet explorer.
I have a spot in my " loathe " area (in my brain) to Safari. Mainly because they refused to follow CSS and HTML standards for so long..
I had to make to jumps like a darn circus freak. All to make the websites I designed.. to look like it should should in Safari.
What he said @donaldtoo . Safari and this website don't mix.

Songbird76

Thanks

Actually, I've had my tonsils out, and I hope this is better! Two weeks out of school, bled three days after the surgery, and only had about one bowl of ice cream. Could not stand anything with temperature. I ended up eating cheese curls for almost two weeks, sucking on them to make them soft. I hope this is better!:joyfull:
Well, at least you shouldn't have problems eating this time. That HAS to be better than tonsils. I had my adenoids removed, not tonsils, but they nicked a tonsil and the hanging thing in the back of your throat and it was MISERABLE. I lost quite a bit of weight because I couldn't stand to swallow, and then a week after the surgery, I got stomach flu really bad and couldn't keep anything down.
You can somewhat avoid using your hand, but you can't avoid eating, so I would imagine tonsils are way worse. Is it the hand you write with?

betty rose

This sounds so good! Would it be easy to share your recipe please?
No problem at all @ ajrwdwgirl..... 3/4 cup white granulated sugar....1/3 cup butter.... 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas, 1/4 cup buttermilk ....1 teaspoon vanilla... 1 egg.....1 1/4 cup all purpose flour....1 teaspoon baking powder....1/2 teaspoon baking soda...1/2 teaspoon salt .....1 teaspoon cinnamon....1/4 cup pecans chopped (or any nut you like). optional.....we love pecans....so that's what we use....Method.....heat oven to 350 degrees....grease and flour an 8 inch square pan. In a large bowl, beat sugar and 1/3 cup softened butter, until light and fluffy. Add mashed bananas, buttermilk, vanilla and egg; mix well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Gradually add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon : mix well. Stir in nuts (optional). Spread batter into greased and floured pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until dark golden brown, and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. *tip: to substitute for buttermilk, use 3/4 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice plus milk to make 1/4 cup. We can't use milk, so I substitute vanilla coffee mate...the liquid kind, with the white vinegar and let set a few minutes. It works great for us. Adds a stronger vanilla flavor too. High altitude above 3500 feet decrease granulated sugar to 1/2 cup. Bake as directed.
Peanut Butter Frosting.........2 Tablespoons butter......2 Tablespoons peanut butter (no nuts...smooth) 2 Tablespoons milk (in our case...vanilla liquid coffee mate)...... 1/8 teaspoon salt......2 cups confectioners' sugar (powdered) ....1/2 teaspoon vanilla......Method.....In medium mixing bowl combine butter, peanut butter, milk and salt. Microwave at 50% 1 to 2 minutes, or until mixture is bubbling. Remove. Add confectioner's sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth and of spreading consistency, adding a few drops of Milk, if necessary..... Spread over cooled cake. We love this recipe. I like using this frosting over a chocolate cake too.:hungry::happy:

Songbird76

Ok gang I have to somebody about this or I will burst.....I just secretly booked a long weekend at WDW for hubby and I in November. He thinks that we are spending the weekend in Minneapolis! We will be staying at the Swan, it is our first time there so if anyone has any tips about it please let me know! I also have to decide if we should go to the Christmas party the night we get there or Sunday night. My only concern is that it is November so if our flight is delayed or canceled because of snow we might not get in until later and possibly miss it. Any thoughts? I'm so excited, he is going to be so surprised!:D
So exciting!! I take it hubby is a Disney fan, too?

betty rose

Even my DD thinks I'm herbicidal! We went to IKEA tonight on the way to see Opa in the hospital and they had fake plants and DD says "Look! The kind of plants that you can't kill!" Then she looks at me and says "Or maybe not." I said "Are you saying I'm so bad I can kill plants that aren't even alive??" and DH says "She knows you well. :O

Opa looked good...good color and he didn't have that gaunt look, so he's doing well, but the doctor had said he could go home maybe Sunday, but then today told him Wednesday or Thursday!! Poor guy. He doesn't watch much tv, hates reading, isn't a computer person...he's very active and likes to spend a lot of time outdoors, gardening, etc. And now he's stuck in a hospital bed for a week. That's like torture to someone like him!!
I'm so sorry to hear that. I was always active, too. Things change....I've now taken up the blog world, on here....with all the nice people , this makes my day. I'm on late today....had hubby bring home a burger for dinner....let's just say....it didn't agree. Ginger ale today!

Goofyernmost

So, are you saying that you've never approached a celebrity such as Goofy, in the MK park, because you thought he was an imposter, and not the REAL Goofy??!! :confused: :p
Just one of many including Minnie, @MinnieM123. Besides I am the real Goofy, so I know it's not me!;)
We leave right after an early lunch, and have had the bus all to ourselves!
I leave anytime I feel like it and have the entire car to myself. I'm used to how I smell, so it doesn't bother me. :in pain::hungover::joyfull:

MOXOMUMD

Wait, RS is ending!? When was this announced? I'm not caught up at all; did Mordecai and Margaret FINALLY get together?
It was announced at ComicCon that RS and AT will be back for a season 8 (no original CN program has lasted beyond 7) but it is widely speculated that after The Regular Show Movie (which will be on CN right before Thanksgiving) the show will go on "hiatus". Most shows don't come back from that.

Same with Adventure Time. Their movie is supposed to be made by the creators of The Lego Movie and released in theaters. I don't think that project will ever get off the ground as many AT artists are now doing We Bare Bears.

As for Mordecai and Margaret I think it was a mistake to write her off, bring in CJ, then bring Margaret back again. It did up the viewership as it piqued curiousity as what was going on. The RS writers are wrapping up the characters storylines (Muscleman/Starla wedding, Rigby/Eileen finally admitting their together) so we'll see what the future brings.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, we're not goin back to Houston to help BIL with move stuff for the third straight weekend. Others were recruited.
The girls are all at a wedding shower for one of oldest DDs friends. She's at least the second of her bridesmaids from her wedding to now get married. :)

Great news! Now you can have a fun, relaxing weekend, with no heavy lifting of other people's stuff!! :D

Songbird76

We leave right after an early lunch, and have had the bus all to ourselves!
I learn so much from all you experts!! I shall write that down...early lunch, go immediately to resort for nap to have bus to yourself.

We went to a Disney Channel Summer tour thing today and I am BURNT. I look like a lobster. It was way sunnier/warmer than the forecast indicated and it was all outdoors. DD wanted to decorate her own sunglasses and get a "Violetta" manicure and there were separate lines for that and they were LONG. I told her we needed fast passes! But I spent about an hour and a half in lines because I went through the line with her for the Sunglasses, and then once she got in, I left and got in the other line for her for the manicures while she was decorating her sunglasses and then she joined me in the line about 15 minutes before we made it into the tent. Hubby took DS to do other stuff instead because he was so not interested in the Violetta tent. They went to the lab rats tent and the "smart games" sections. They had a blast, so it's worth it and I'm the only one who burned, so that's good.

Songbird76

I'm so sorry to hear that. I was always active, too. Things change....I've now taken up the blog world, on here....with all the nice people , this makes my day. I'm on late today....had hubby bring home a burger for dinner....let's just say....it didn't agree. Ginger ale today!
Ugh...I've had a stomach that hasn't agreed with much the last 3 days. I feel your pain!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hooray today's my 19th birthday! What I got for my birthday is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and "Disney Marie A Is For Adorable" with a CD. The second Aristocats book "Disney Marie" from 2006 will be coming in the mail in a few days. I've lessened to the CD for the Marie Alphabet book and it gave me flashbacks to my Senior Trip.

Happy birthday to you!! You received a lot of appropriate gifts, too. :happy:

StarWarsGirl

Is it the hand you write with
Thank goodness it's not. I had issues with it after I stopped playing violin. I went to a hand doctor back then. I don't think that she effectively treated it. I am now seeing a different doctor. But I do think it's resulting from problems I had a while back. The fact that I have not worn a watch on my left wrist, always on the right wrist, since I started wearing watches again, is very telling. I could never stand it on my left wrist. That is the injured hand.

FutureCEO

Thank goodness it's not. I had issues with it after I stopped playing violin. I went to a hand doctor back then. I don't think that she effectively treated it. I am now seeing a different doctor. But I do think it's resulting from problems I had a while back. The fact that I have not worn a watch on my left wrist, always on the right wrist, since I started wearing watches again, is very telling. I could never stand it on my left wrist. That is the injured hand.

The right way to wear a watch is on your right wrist anyway ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom