The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I work in the pediatric and neonatal areas a lot which has cemented for me that I don't want anymore kids.

DWifey and I had originally planned on (even before we were married) having 4 kiddos.
Even after our second child, our 1lb. 4oz. miracle DS, came along we still planned on eventually having 4, but, were going to wait a few years to have the next 2.
Well, so often in life, that's not exactly how it went. Shortly thereafter, DWifey was expecting our 3rd bundle of joy.
One morning on the way to work (based on work schedules and locations, we were able to carpool back then), about 3 mos. into the pregnancy, DWifey noticed she was bleeding. I whipped the car around and high-tailed it to the nearest ER.
There was a lot of blood.
We thought "Dear Lord! Not again?!!!"
After we were in the ER for a few minutes, the bleeding finally stopped on it's own. They did a sonogram and determined that baby was OK, but, had no idea how the bleeding happened, and told us there was still about a 50% chance of a misscariage.
2 weeks later (stress-o-rama), baby was still with us when DWifey went in for a regular checkup with her doc. Another sonogram was done, and the best they could determine was that part of the placenta had somehow pulled away from the uterine wall where an artery was. The bleeding stopped because of natural clotting, and that part of the placenta eventually reatached.
She went full term, was born at 7lbs. 13oz., and was, and is, as healthy as she can be.
After all that, I had a little procedure. ;)
We were plenty happy with our 3 little gifts...! :)

Cesar R M

About fifteen years ago a coworker and her son saw him in the Grand Floridian lobby of all places. He was wearing a baseball cap and had a small beard but they figured out who it was. Tyler was so nice to them because they figured out the little ruse that they got autographs and pics with him. Honestly after seeing the pictures I would never have recognized him.
maybe it was the combination of the voice and mannerisms?
he moves and walks in a very specific way.

Cesar R M

The only time we sat and watched a campfire movie at FW, this is what we saw.
I dont know, but I used to love this movie a lot when I was younger.. now it looks soo cheezy XD

:confused: We've been in June and it was fine. Now Christmas week through New Year's required patience because MK, EP and DTD in the evening was elbow to elbow with people 90% of the time.

really? everyone keeps saying its a nightmare in June in this forum!

Then, I had no experience in that month. Been on February (before and during presidents weekend, so I felt both empty and full days). September-October (some days were medium and others light loaded) and now will go in December-January.

donaldtoo

seriously, ditch Safari, its the MAC version of Internet explorer.
I have a spot in my " loathe " area (in my brain) to Safari. Mainly because they refused to follow CSS and HTML standards for so long..
I had to make to jumps like a darn circus freak. All to make the websites I designed.. to look like it should should in Safari.

Yep, definitely planning on ditching it when I get a new iPhone in a coupla' months. :)

betty rose

Not going too bad thank you.And i hope yours goes as good.
Our Jack was the family pet (springer spaniel) and when it came time Mum and Dad couldn't do it so i had to take him to the vets by myself.when i took him for a last walk on the way there he was almost like his younger self one last time.
Dammit... now i gone get all teary again.
I do understand that task. Husband couldn't do it, I couldn't let our pet suffer, so I had to do the same thing. I braced myself, but when they went so peacefully, It made it easier. But, the feeling of loss...not so...I bawled all the way home.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I like that I will be close to the Boardwalk Bakery too! Did you rent a car when you stayed at the Swan or did you taxi or shuttle from the airport?

Nope. No rental needed. I simply took a taxi from the airport, and then a towncar from the hotel back to the airport. Towncar was maybe $20 more, but very nice and towncars are always parked out front at both the Swan and Dolphin. When on property, I just used all the regular Disney transportation--buses, boats and monorails.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
What if it wasn't him? Just someone that resembled him. That is the reason why I have never approached a person that I thought was a celebrity. First, I was never that impressed by any of them and second, I really was never sure if it was who I thought it was anyway.

When I went to the 1970 Worlds Fair in Osaka, Japan... we, as a group, had hundreds of kids run up to get our autographs and/or pictures taken with them. I signed mine as Richard Nixon.

So, are you saying that you've never approached a celebrity such as Goofy, in the MK park, because you thought he was an imposter, and not the REAL Goofy??!! :confused: :p

StarWarsGirl

So, are you saying that you've never approached a celebrity such as Goofy, in the MK park, because you thought he was an imposter, and not the REAL Goofy??!! :confused: :p
:jawdrop:
What do you mean he's not the real Goofy?

fdb.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom