The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

My wrist is tell me the weather might be bad today so watch out for those thunderstorms.
...his wrist is accurate in guessing the weather...

zJg0IPt.gif

Songbird76

I agree, the sad thing is you had to experience the bullying and harassment . I'm hoping, that all schools and workplaces, will be free of those things.
Well, schools now all seem to have zero tolerance policies, but it still seems to happen. I was in junior high when most of the bullying happened and I was a Freshman in High School when this boy was harassing me. The boy sat next to me in biology class, which is when a lot of it happened. So I asked the teacher if he would please make a new seating arrangement to separate him from me, explaining exactly what he was doing/saying. He chuckled and said he was just a boy being a boy and that there would always be people I didn't get along with and that I needed to learn to deal with that, etc. Though he DID make a new seating arrangement...and put the boy right in back of me where he was even closer than before. Then he started snapping my bra, sticking pencils in my ears, leaning forward and whispering things in my ears. I came home every day in tears. It didn't end until my brother got so mad he slammed the kid against the lockers in the hallway and a teacher saw it, but knowing my brother was not prone to such tactics, asked what was wrong and the whole story came out. They were brought to the principal who told the boy he was lucky we hadn't pressed charges against him and to quit while he was ahead. I don't think the original teacher to whom I reported it was even reprimanded, though he should have been. But it's so hard to tell someone about those things at that age...it's embarrassing, and the fact that it was a male teacher.

Cesar R M

Well, schools now all seem to have zero tolerance policies, but it still seems to happen. I was in junior high when most of the bullying happened and I was a Freshman in High School when this boy was harassing me. The boy sat next to me in biology class, which is when a lot of it happened. So I asked the teacher if he would please make a new seating arrangement to separate him from me, explaining exactly what he was doing/saying. He chuckled and said he was just a boy being a boy and that there would always be people I didn't get along with and that I needed to learn to deal with that, etc. Though he DID make a new seating arrangement...and put the boy right in back of me where he was even closer than before. Then he started snapping my bra, sticking pencils in my ears, leaning forward and whispering things in my ears. I came home every day in tears. It didn't end until my brother got so mad he slammed the kid against the lockers in the hallway and a teacher saw it, but knowing my brother was not prone to such tactics, asked what was wrong and the whole story came out. They were brought to the principal who told the boy he was lucky we hadn't pressed charges against him and to quit while he was ahead. I don't think the original teacher to whom I reported it was even reprimanded, though he should have been. But it's so hard to tell someone about those things at that age...it's embarrassing, and the fact that it was a male teacher.
even if schools claims to have zero tolerance.. most teachers and staff still refuse or are too lazy to enforce it.
Its the same with the classic excuse of " boys will be boys" when girls get sexually harassed by jocks.

Songbird76

Oh!!! I almost forgot. I need some expert advice. Hubby and I decided that this year for Christmas, since the kids have PLENTY of toys and stuff, we're going to give them things they can use for Disney. I got them each a couple of nylon backpacks with Disney characters on them and I got them some off-brand Frogg Toggs chilly pads, and a keychain that we can put our phone numbers in just in case they somehow get separated from us (my worst nightmare) and some glow sticks/rings for the evening programs. So...my question is, what are some great Disney gifts I could get them that they will love and be excited about, but things we would use anyway, so we keep the cost down? Should I get them gift cards so they can buy their own souvenirs? Or water bottles? Is there anything else original or creative?

Songbird76

even if schools claims to have zero tolerance.. most teachers and staff still refuse or are too lazy to enforce it.
Its the same with the classic excuse of " boys will be boys" when girls get sexually harassed by jocks.
*GASP* But if they punish the jocks, how will they ever win the games? That's so much more important you know! <insert eye roll here>

donaldtoo

That's the next big trip we'll be saving for after next year. A drive out to California by the way of the Grand Canyon.

Yep, at some point we need to get back to DLR. Haven't been since June of '10.
We went a few times back in the day when we lived in No Cal ('68, '70 and '71), and then again in the summer of '87 (we moved back to Texas in '76) on our way back up to visit friends. '87 was the year Star Tours opened. :geek:

And yes, if you've never seen the Grand Canyon in person, it's truly a site to behold. Like most things, pics and video just don't do it proper justice. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh!!! I almost forgot. I need some expert advice. Hubby and I decided that this year for Christmas, since the kids have PLENTY of toys and stuff, we're going to give them things they can use for Disney. I got them each a couple of nylon backpacks with Disney characters on them and I got them some off-brand Frogg Toggs chilly pads, and a keychain that we can put our phone numbers in just in case they somehow get separated from us (my worst nightmare) and some glow sticks/rings for the evening programs. So...my question is, what are some great Disney gifts I could get them that they will love and be excited about, but things we would use anyway, so we keep the cost down? Should I get them gift cards so they can buy their own souvenirs? Or water bottles? Is there anything else original or creative?
Gift cards and water bottles are both great ideas. My boys have already asked for both! For your little ones try and find water bottles with their favorite Disney characters on them if you can. My boys wore lanyards with dog tags on them with our mobile phone #s on them

donaldtoo

That's too funny we were in the same park on the same day. My major nightmare about running into @MR FERRET during SWW is him and my dh is trying to fit the above piece of carbonite into my car and telling me what a good deal it was.:confused:

Yep, we've talked about that before. I remember you telling me on this site before we both left for our trips, that if I see a lady with a Figment f a n n y pack, that would be you. :) Unfortunately, we never ran into each other... :( ;) :)

And, as to that last part...!!! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom