Test Track - Broken Effect(s)

Monorail_Red_77

Whether or not your car shows up on the screens has been hit or miss since day one. It has improved a little, but it still doesn't seem to be reliable at all. Baffling, considering that was the entire premise of the re-theme and "pre-show." The concept is already washy at best... I wonder how many people ride and never see their car, and then wonder what the point of the design room even was.

I like the FastPass line for that. No car design room. Though my kids miss it (designing car) when we do fast pass.

j0e1306

So basically we can summarise that the doors have been broken since some time in May (even if it is just on and off, but hey we have no substance to back that up).

Monorail_Red_77

The Fastpass line now goes through the design room, unless this has changed in the past few months.

Last time I was on was back in Mid May and no design room for FP line. Could have been a temporary thing, we usually just go stand-by. Will have to wait until Sep to see if it happens again. ;)

Bairstow

Last time I was on was back in Mid May and no design room for FP line. Could have been a temporary thing, we usually just go stand-by. Will have to wait until Sep to see if it happens again. ;)

The arrangement in July was that both the Standby and Fastpass lines were lead into the design room.
Single Riders also got a chance to design cars via a couple of walk-by kiosks, though these were extremely truncated and the design process only took about 15 seconds.

WDWHMHUNTER

I wish they went back to old style , yea i get it with going green and everything but the old way was more fun to look at while standing in line.

jayinthe813

Original Poster

We did FP (you can see the pic in my prior post) and the FP basically takes you to the front of the regular line and they then put you on a number. You then design your car like everyone else.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Originally FP used what are now the standby design screens. They were overwhelmed. Shortly after opening they adjusted the layout to send FP to the standby design rooms and introduced a merge that makes standby on average far longer than designed for.

KikoKea

I very much dislike the new TT. The old preshow had lots of junk to look at and movement which went with the great music, and the old cut-out trees had charm. Now, the line is sterile and the ride is uninteresting with black-painted backdrops and a few neon lights- dull. I asked if we could skip the car design part and the CM said we could leave at any time. Now, my DH and I just go single rider, skip the design, enjoy the outside part, and move on. TT has dropped to "don't have to do" status on our list.

jessfriends

I very much dislike the new TT. The old preshow had lots of junk to look at and movement which went with the great music, and the old cut-out trees had charm. Now, the line is sterile and the ride is uninteresting with black-painted backdrops and a few neon lights- dull. I asked if we could skip the car design part and the CM said we could leave at any time. Now, my DH and I just go single rider, skip the design, enjoy the outside part, and move on. TT has dropped to "don't have to do" status on our list.

I agree. While it might have been dated I enjoyed that version better. It had a storyline that was fun. I now ride it once during my trip in the single rider line whereas I used to go on it once per visit during my trip. In the new version it seems boring and I can't seem to get into it as much as the old version.

George Lucas on a Bench

Bill: Did You Remember to turn off those Robots?
Sherry: What Robots? There's no effects in here anymore..

That was the best part of the original Test Track! The corrosive smell they sprayed at you was amazing!

6937998038_ec9e579cd8.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I definitely remember the smell as well. I'm pretty sure it was intentional, and came from a Smellitzer. I could be wrong, though. @marni1971... Any insight?
Not that I'm aware of nor noticed. The thing I remember the most was the robots not moving for the last few years of it's existence.
Wouldn't be the ride system / bus bar smelling would it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom