Test Track - Broken Effect(s)

Bairstow

- all results screens were working for all scenes
- fog effects in the vehicle scan scene working
- final test doors still in open position

Glad to hear the screens are working.
I wonder if it's the kind of effect that usually is open and running after a fresh reboot in the morning, but tends to go down as the day wears on.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I had this problem on one day in June, but then it was fixed when I went again on a different day. Seems like it's a day-by-day thing.

Tom Morrow

Whether or not your car shows up on the screens has been hit or miss since day one. It has improved a little, but it still doesn't seem to be reliable at all. Baffling, considering that was the entire premise of the re-theme and "pre-show." The concept is already washy at best... I wonder how many people ride and never see their car, and then wonder what the point of the design room even was.

captainmoch

Whether or not your car shows up on the screens has been hit or miss since day one. It has improved a little, but it still doesn't seem to be reliable at all. Baffling, considering that was the entire premise of the re-theme and "pre-show." The concept is already washy at best... I wonder how many people ride and never see their car, and then wonder what the point of the design room even was.
That happened to me my first time... not a good first impression for an already shoddy replacement. Seriously, the original was a unique concept with fun little gimmicks and did slightly help with Epcot's edutainment. This version is just generic Tron overwash with a poorly implemented vehicle design feature...

FettFan

There is a mister in the room prior to that (the old heat chamber)

It's meant to give a burst of smoke just before each car enters to make the "scanner" light beam appear more of a beam and less of a line on the car. The effect is rather variable.

View attachment 104880

So....can we presume that those scanners will be going the way of the "Dinosaur" scanners?

Kevin_W

Glad to hear the screens are working.
I wonder if it's the kind of effect that usually is open and running after a fresh reboot in the morning, but tends to go down as the day wears on.

We were 3/4 on the results screens this morning. Too bad, since for our DD designing the car and seeing how it compares to Mommy and Daddy is the fun of the ride (moreso than the ride itself). We had to specifically ask the cast member so that we could even all design our own cars - the default is to lump all 3 of us together with one car.

Bairstow

And, the point? Close it anyway and fix it.

My point is that if I'm in a park that's not the Magic Kingdom, I'd rather have an effect or two be down causing "bad show" than to lose a good portion of things to do in that park. This is especially true of Everest, Test Track, and Tower of Terror where the ride vehicle motion is 85% of the attraction anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom