Test Track - Broken Effect(s)

Castle Cake Apologist

Not that I'm aware of nor noticed. The thing I remember the most was the robots not moving for the last few years of it's existence.
Wouldn't be the ride system / bus bar smelling would it?

It's definitely possible. I only ever noticed it in that room, though. It was a very acidic smell, if that makes sense. I just always assumed it was intentional.

That was just water they sprayed you with, right? :cautious:

KikoKea

It's definitely possible. I only ever noticed it in that room, though. It was a very acidic smell, if that makes sense. I just always assumed it was intentional.

That was just water they sprayed you with, right? :cautious:

I thought it smelled like steam, but I know they weren't spraying hot water at us!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 -What was the World of Motion track layout and scenes compared to the new Test Track 1 or 2? Thanks :)
It's hard to show on plans due to the level changes but I did quite a lot of research on this. Have a look here http://www.martinsvids.net/?p=713 especially at the 3 minute mark.

Motion load used to where TT1 briefing rooms were
Motion unload was roughly where TT unload is
Remenants of the Motion portico shape were visible in the TT queue area ceiling
Motions Centercore with spiralling downward track was around TTs main up ramp. The covered over Centercore is not load bearing and used to be clearly visible in TT1 if you knew where to look. It was empty space. Today it's behind and to the right of the future city projection mapped model.
Motions Omnimover service elevator is still in the building today. It's behind the tunnel wall on the left just before the semi truck.

Last edited:

Cinkadeus

@marni1971 -What was the World of Motion track layout and scenes compared to the new Test Track 1 or 2? Thanks :)
You're comparing apples to orangutans. WoM was a omni-mover, AA scene based attraction similar to Spaceship Earth / Horizons. marni1971's link to that Martin's Vid will explain it better as it has a ride-through I believe. I always loved the part where you could see the omni-mover cars from the exterior of the building.

Disney4family

Just rode TT a couple of times in the past two weeks. The doors are not working.

[neither is the queue up to the People mover, the sun in IASW, or the dad's mouth in the 2nd scene in CoP. There's no bird on a stick at the top of EE. Some of the fish in Nemo, the screens in Mexico, a/c on the monorail and the music in Space Mtn were sporadic (unfortunately not the safety spiel - that was loud and clear)]

Retroman40

Rode TT yesterday - the screens either showed nothing or data for other sim cars. You could touch your MB or card at the end and get results though. Doors still open.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
I don't get irate about most effects not working but it's utterly damn ridiculous that the door opening effect has not been fixed. It's pretty integral to the "show." I'd love to know why it hasn't been fixed.

captainmoch

I don't get irate about most effects not working but it's utterly damn ridiculous that the door opening effect has not been fixed. It's pretty integral to the "show." I'd love to know why it hasn't been fixed.
It HAS been fixed. It was mentioned only two posts up and when I rode it during F&W the doors worked.

wdwjmp239

Good sorry. I missed that and saw the "broke" during Labor Day post!

True. But, they were probably fixed after Labor Day. What bothers me is that the doors were broke for at least a couple of months (based on previous posts). I'm just wondering why Disney sat on it for so long. Is there an overnight repair crew that comes in and fixes things like this? Just curious.

Bairstow

True. But, they were probably fixed after Labor Day. What bothers me is that the doors were broke for at least a couple of months (based on previous posts). I'm just wondering why Disney sat on it for so long. Is there an overnight repair crew that comes in and fixes things like this? Just curious.

If I had to guess, it would be that there's only one or two guys in the company authorized to do the work necessary to change the pneumatics or replace the IR sensor or whatever it was that was causing the fault. A combination of a replacement part not being in stock and their not being on site to work on this particular problem resulted in the fault persisting for 3 months without resolution.

jayinthe813

Original Poster
Just got off. Doors are working, but the first and last monitors were not.

Attachments

• 20151031_132456.jpg
    20151031_132456.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 56

POLY LOVER

I'm also curious how issues like this get reported. Do they do a check each day or are they reported by guests. Does anyone know the end to end process?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom