The Brazilian tour groups: is Disney taking action?

20KMourner

The chanting Brazilians were out in force Sunday night at DD/DS. We passed three separate mobs all chanting at the tops of their lungs. Didn't see any CMs rushing to stop them.

Chef Mickey

Whatever they are doing, it's not enough. Disney is too crowded for people to act like idiots, Brazilian or otherwise.

Disney needs to adopt a 0 tolerance for shenanigans policy because any incident caused by some fool will be a much bigger deal than throwing a few people out for disruptive behavior.

Nobody wants to eat with a tour group chanting some stupid fight song or to watch a show with a rowdy group of obnoxious people feeding off each other.

No matter where they are from, what the purpose, or with what group they are affiliated, these kinds of disruptive people need to be controlled or thrown out, quickly. Despite their large numbers, there are FAR more people NOT in tour groups that need to be kept happy. These morons take over entire attraction, shows and restaurants. It needs to be fixed.

G00fyDad

There are good groups and bad groups. I find the best ones stay together but don't build a "blockade". There was one group a few weeks ago, in orange, that formed a blockade at the exit of Epcot so they could gather their group together. The leaders were pushing people not part of their group back. It was ugly because you know, normal night at Epcot, Illuminations ends, and it's just a flow. I would think this problem could be alleviated if WDW gave them a place to meet. There is a lot of unoccupied space in the park. Give these groups a place to gather at the end of their park day, and you won't have a problem.

I think the inherent problem with the parks and these groups are, is that the ride systems, the dining, the parks in general are not architected to keep large groups of people together safely and comfortably. I'd also imagine that these kids are high school age. They would want to have free time too, not just group time. I dunno am I crazy? o_O

Or these adults herding these groups could think of that themselves and plan a place to meet up. Let some group try to form a barrier and push me back. Wow. I will go through that flank of idiots.

cat hem

So sad. Really if you think about the idea of WDW it's the sights, smells, and Sound! if you're ever there in a "quiet time" you'll notice small things that make WDW so special... like transitional music as you walk into a new "land" the smells of the food, and everything you see. Tour groups disrupt the magic. That's my take. They ruin all the special things WDW has created for the visitor. I don't care where these people are from, common decent behavior is just something we should all strive for.

Jahona

I just want to say that not all these tour groups are from Brazil. Earlier in this thread someone mentioned a group was shouting "Argentina", I doubt Brazilians are doing that.

That was me. This is why I try not to specify location and just say Tour Groups. The bulk of tour groups that most people have trouble with come from South America. It really comes down to a large population of teenage kids. Having been a camp counselor in high school and college I can say it's hard to just manage 20 kids. For the most part the tour groups behave ok especially on my last trip.

brb1006

Nothing special. I just happened to be sitting next to a group of resorts CMs during the crazy lightning storm that caused the 4th of July fireworks (the first of two showings of the Symphony in the Sky) to be delayed 2 hours and we got on that topic. The topic was inspired because a tour group gathered in front of Cinderella's Castle to do a chant in the middle of the rain and lightning. Anyhow, that's how the topic came up.

Apparently one of the damage stories was that at All-Star Resort, they have a replica of Herbie the Love Bug on property in one of the lawns (I've never stayed there, but I've seen pictures of the car). At some point, a bunch of the kids got together and managed to somehow move the car completely across the area and into a spot where it was really messing up foot traffic.

As for that lightning storm, this is what we sat thhrough: http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/05/travel/disney-world-lightning-storm-feat/
Did any of the CMs at least try to stop them from moving Herbie?

brb1006

So sad. Really if you think about the idea of WDW it's the sights, smells, and Sound! if you're ever there in a "quiet time" you'll notice small things that make WDW so special... like transitional music as you walk into a new "land" the smells of the food, and everything you see. Tour groups disrupt the magic. That's my take. They ruin all the special things WDW has created for the visitor. I don't care where these people are from, common decent behavior is just something we should all strive for.
When I was waiting for our bus back to All-Star Sports after leaving to Downtown Disney. I had to deal with these singing Brazilian girls for the next 20 minutes until our bus finally arrived.

righttrack

When I was waiting for our bus back to All-Star Sports after leaving to Downtown Disney. I had to deal with these singing Brazilian girls for the next 20 minutes until our bus finally arrived.

I think the point of WDW is to enjoy all of the things around it, not to make yourself the center of attention.

Boardwalker

Aaaaaand that's why I'm going in September :geek:

I feel awful for those who have no recourse but to visit during the summer months, both for the crowds and the weather (which is only slightly less oppressive in late September).

Going in sept is not what it was even 5 years ago. We go every sept, and it's as crowded as ever. But it is what it is. Come on pandora, frozen ride at Epcot, and Star Wars land. That will at least shunt the crowds to a more even dispersment. At least I hope it does

mergatroid

I often wonder if the South Americans have forums where they complain about American and British tourists :rolleyes:

"Well there we were visiting Terra Encantada minding our own business and this huge tour party of Americans turned up. Boy are they weird, wearing those checkered shorts and baseball caps and continually asking where they could purchase 'hamburgers' from. The worst though were the British, either completely white or sun-burnt with nobody in between. They were so, so, so very rude though when it came to boarding the attractions. There we were all singing and clapping at the top of our voices and they refused to join in, how rude is that? And to make matters worse as we pushed, kicked, elbowed and headbutted people in wheelchairs to get to the front of the line these dirty Brits stood one behind another patiently waiting to get on, WHAT'S ALL THAT ABOUT!!!!!! Coming to our country, not speaking our language, flushing toilets after using them, not shouting and chanting every two minutes and standing patiently in a line before boarding ride vehicles. Let's just hope that Terra Encantada educates these barbarians before they enter our parks in future" :mad:

ULPO46

I often wonder if the South Americans have forums where they complain about American and British tourists :rolleyes:

"Well there we were visiting Terra Encantada minding our own business and this huge tour party of Americans turned up. Boy are they weird, wearing those checkered shorts and baseball caps and continually asking where they could purchase 'hamburgers' from. The worst though were the British, either completely white or sun-burnt with nobody in between. They were so, so, so very rude though when it came to boarding the attractions. There we were all singing and clapping at the top of our voices and they refused to join in, how rude is that? And to make matters worse as we pushed, kicked, elbowed and headbutted people in wheelchairs to get to the front of the line these dirty Brits stood one behind another patiently waiting to get on, WHAT'S ALL THAT ABOUT!!!!!! Coming to our country, not speaking our language, flushing toilets after using them, not shouting and chanting every two minutes and standing patiently in a line before boarding ride vehicles. Let's just hope that Terra Encantada educates these barbarians before they enter our parks in future" :mad:
Or getting outside of mexico and asking Brazillians " Where can I buy Tacos?" the answer to your question is yes these do exsist and believe me every culture talks about every other culture. I've spoken to friends and family about the differences and ignorancies of everybody to judge. But alas when we were talking about the Confederate Flag, Disney nor this forum is the proper place to learn about history or cultures. Beer and Alcohol alone don't offer enough at EPCOT.

Journey_On

Journey_On said:
The cast members speak Spanish and Portuguese, and they will be in the parks till mid-August.

Well bad news. Last year they were here all year around. They seem to be having special rates now specifically for Orlando but the time frame last year was open.

Oh, I meant that the CMs working specifically to assist the tour groups will be around the parks till mid-August - not the tour groups themselves. :)

Goofyernmost

Strangely, a thread with exactly the same heading was started, by probably the same person, in a Discussion Board (which shall not be named) and within 50 posts it was locked. The conversation was almost exactly the same as this one, but, some places really want to control our thoughts to the extent that they will not allow them to be expressed. That's what makes this place great.

Seriously, if they are groups from Brazil, then mentioning that may not have any real significance but it is factual. I have seen them very often since I go in our winter (their summer) and I have heard them, but, you know what? WDW exists for people to have fun in. There marching down the street as a group chanting whatever it is that they are chanting, is really not a problem for us and I have never heard them doing that in a queue or on a ride specifically. Maybe blind luck or maybe they do not all do that. Never seen them attempt to cut a line either.

All of us need to lighten up a little and realize that just because we are uptight and unable to enjoy ourselves in an emotional manner doesn't mean that all people are required to be uptight with us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom