What do you miss from the old Disney parks???

brb1006

I miss the original Imagination, and hate that my kids never got to the upstairs part of the pavilion.

And I miss Disneyquest, for while it is not gone, I won't be able to get back down before it closes ;(
I also miss the Dreamfinder, even though I never got a chance to ride that version. Especially after seeing old video of people meeting him and Figment outside and inside the attraction.

EpcotCenter82

Horizons, Original Journey Into Imagination, original Grand Canyon Concourse in the Contemporary Resort without the big Fantasia Store in the middle, Magic Kingdom Club, when the fall was the slow season, when you didn't have to make ADR's 180 days in advance, when you could go to WDW without having to plan ADR's, FP+, and other stuff months in advance.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
El Rio del Tiempo and Maelstrom.

Whenever my family ate at the Mexico pavilion, we would always request a table near the water and then half of us went to go on the ride so we could wave to each other. I know it's still possible with Gran Fiesta Tour, but it's just not the same since I've grown up and we don't eat in that pavilion anymore.

Sonconato

Where to start...

General
  • The old monorails where guests HAD to fold up their strollers.
  • The Plaques at the various plants. Some still exist but it used to be very commonplace.
Magic Kingdom
  • Being able to walk straight into Guest Services, with no line, to share a compliment rather than a complaint.
  • The LARGE trees in City Hall Plaza - The flowers that get planted there now continuously get heat stressed due to the lack of shade...this applies to guests too.
  • Benches under SHADE TREES…everywhere.
  • The Disneyana paraphernalia that used to be in the Town Square Theater…including the mural that was on the curved wall in the back.
  • The candy tram/train hanging from the ceiling in the Main Street Confectionary (recently removed)
  • Being able to eat Spaghetti and Meatballs at the old Crystal Palace, which was originally more like quick service. There is nowhere to get quick service Spaghetti and Meatballs anymore.
  • The "Park Like" Hub, having the larger hub is fine as long as it isn't like what I just arrived from…the Parking Lot!
  • The old Country Bears, when it was longer and had variations of the show; the normal, Summer vacation and Christmas.
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. It was a unique ride and it was really nice to have the water in that location. It was my favorite spot to watch Fireworks.
  • The Rose Garden which was recently removed. It's always nice to stop and smell the roses!
  • The flowers that line the roof edge at the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant.
  • The view to the interior of Space Mountain's loading area from the WEDWay.
  • The Strawberry Swirl that you were able to get at Fruitful Refreshments, now Cheshire Café.

EPCOT
  • The Mighty Kristos - Great performance and nice to have something in that plaza by the fountain.
  • Communicore when it had all the glass and interactive EDUCATIONAL and informative exhibits. True, they would be OLD now but it would be nice to have kept the concept up to date.
  • Horizons & World of Motion - Both rides ALL could enjoy without getting sick.
  • The end of World of Motion where there were exhibits which were educational and it was particularly interesting to see that the Prototype car was frequently changed.
  • The Cast Member that narrated the Living with the Land ride.
  • The old Living Seas - It was much more educational than Nemo.
  • The old Living with the Land food court. The BBQ was a nice option.
  • Need I say…OFF KILTER!!!
  • Tapestry of Nations parade.
  • The double-decker bus transportation around the lake. It gave an option other than the boats.
  • Walter Cronkite narrating Spaceship Earth…just because it was Walter Cronkite.

Hollywood Studios
  • Sid Cahuenga's Hollywood memorabilia. Just seemed right for the Park.
  • The Brown Derby when it was affordable.
  • The Magic of Disney Animation back when the animators worked behind the glass as the guests toured through.
  • The original Fireworks show with Vincent Price narrating and the large Mickey balloon with the sparkler finger.
  • Roasted Chestnuts at Christmas on New York Street.
  • The longer version of the Backstage Tour when they had the Cast Member narrating the ride.

Animal Kingdom
  • The VILLAGE BEATNIKS and The Tropicals live entertainment.

DisneyPrincess5

I love and enjoy many aspects of what Disney offers, but ahhh so many things I do miss.
A generally more laid back vibe. Now, getting an ADR or a Fastpass+ is some cut throat game amongst park goers. I miss certain rides and attractions, I miss the quality of food at some establishments, I miss getting super excited for the new and improved rides they would open.
I miss not worrying about so many events and groups muddying up slower times.

And overall, I would say I miss seeing WDW as 100% fun and excitement and wonder. I still see it this way to an extent, but now as an adult I see it more as a business and I am always reminder of how the dollar takes over.

LAM378

This thread is bringing back some very beautiful memories.

I miss the old Chef Mickey's at the Disney Village, when it wasn't a big circus. And I will always long for the Fiesta Fun Center, which was the best way to spend arrival day when I was a kid. At least I still have the electrical water pageant.

Matt_Black

I miss feeling frustrated at keeping an eye out for roaming characters. It's such a pain knowing exactly where and when I can meet some of my favorite characters. Oh, wait, no, that's awesome!

jloucks

What attractions, shows, food, etc. do you miss from going to the parks when you were younger?

I miss a lot, for example I miss Mr. Toads Wild Ride and getting Disney dollars to spend at the parks. Anyone remember those? Lol

I like to tell this story every time this question is asked....

The ride I miss most is the 20,000 leagues ride. When I went in 2012 for the first time since 1984ish I couldn't find the ride! Because, obvious. What was more surprising is the cast member I finally asked about the ride knew exactly what I was talking about, talked to me about the ride, it's history, and where it used to be located. Good job Disney at teaching basic history to CM's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom