Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Bocabear

Sir, I want to buy you a drink. Finally someone who gets it
I took part in a survey about 12 years ago….every question was regarding my interaction with the characters and if I had felt they needed more characters and would I be willing to pay for character experiences…. it was so skewed there was no way of answering a question that did not make it seem as though you came to Disney World specifically for character interaction… I saw this coming….
Absolutely lets have a drink!

PhotoDave219

Pete Doctor and Jonas Rivera both reference a blue sky Inside Out Epcot ride here: http://www.slashfilm.com/inside-out-theme-park/

'According to Inside Out director Pete Docter and producer Jonas Rivera, 45 minutes after first pitching their film, they were on the phone with Imagineering telling them about the idea. '

'My pitch is that I think this could be a pavilion at Epcot. You’ve got The Sea. Nemo’s there. So in The Land there’s a section called Imagination that’s still there and it’s still cool. [The character] Figment and all that. I loved that as a kid. And I thought, well, ‘We have the mind now.’ And we’ve sort of put visuals to it. And the Train of Thought. It just feels like a show with dreams. It feels like it fits.' -Jonas Rivera

Yes. I've seen that.

I'll rephrase.....

None of our usual sources within the budgetary process of approving any new attractions have heard this outside of that slashfilm report.

They blue skyed it. Good for them. As they should.

Nothing is imminent from inside the bureaucracy.

Goofyernmost

All of the scenes are "outdated". The problem isn't that the last scene is stuck in 1994... the problem is that it's stuck in a 1994 imagineer's vision of a year 2000 that never happened.
Sure, but, almost all of it has since happened so the date of the final scene is irrelevant now. And you are right they are all dated since most of us don't have hand pumps in our kitchens or coal stoves either. That is what makes it historical and the further we get away from the year 2000 the less relevant it gets. What if you told a 15 year old today that smart phones didn't exist in 2000? They think we have always had them. My kids, born in the 70's didn't know that there wasn't always color TV. It is a depiction of what life was like in the 20th century. One of my favorite expressions is... You cannot really know where you are unless you know where you have been. Where we were or what we were thinking in 1994 is actual and therefore historical.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
More like.. Ouimet said "Screw you, I'm going home" -- They passed him over, clashed with him, didn't reward him, and he said F'this and left. Darth Raulso then put Dead Ed in his place and started the '3yr Disneyland President' rotation they still use to make the DLR president position simply a stop on the executive carousal in P&R.

I think you can safely say they forced him to quit, No they did no FIRE him but Iger and Darth Rasulo made it known he was not welcome at TWDC after he saved their bacon at DL

Shaman

God bless you for remembering Fadra Nally! I'd almost forgot about her.

She's up to 74 (ironic number) views for her Day 2 video from the fabulous free WDW vacation her family received. As an East Coast girl she seems far more comfortable in Florida than she did when Disney flew her family out to Disneyland last year; she didn't seem to like it that much and the California culture seemed a bit foreign to her. But she's had a great time at the Beach Club Resort this year, and for her part she did this type of stuff.

Let's see if we can get the little lady up to 100 views.

Not to pick on her too much, as I'm sure she's a genuinely nice person when she's not holding an iPhone in front of her face. The point here is that this is a purposeful marketing strategy by Disney management. And it's horrifying the resources, money and energy that's poured into these women and their mommy blogs.

I dont know much about these "Mommy Bloggers", but that video scared and scarred me.

Cesar R M

You don't even have that anymore, they've already discontinued the poop. People actually noticed Disney was selling them poop.
yes I read about that. Not blind.

But the fact that they were selling them.. Means they had a team talking about selling poo shaped pastries, someone approved the same poo shaped pastries.. and CMs (or whoever the bakers were) were ordered to make poo shaped pastries. :hilarious:

WDW1974

Original Poster
Slightly off topic- with all this talk of a huge budget for the DHS re-do, what is the combined budget for all the things being done to DAK? Between Avatarland and Rivers of Light and all these small projects, I'm sure this is a big expense as well. I wonder why Disney's kept so quiet on the price tag for this park's transformation? Is it so guests don't think TWO parks have so much closed or covered with construction walls? That's my guess.

From memory...I wanna say 800M for everything... but that's from memory...and I am getting older... Just pandora area was 500M-ish I think.... Please feel free to correct me

*1023*

Pandora is $500 million. RoL is about $100 million, but it has been in development (off and on) as far back as 2007-08, so not sure what a real number us. The Harambe Marketplace, new theater for FotLK and walkways likely add another $100 million ... so, yeah, I'd say 1023 is pretty spot on!

WDW1974

Original Poster
Epcot Center didn't have any off the shelf rides for its first 20 years if I recall correctly and neither did DAK or MGM Studios in its first few years. I don't think it was Walt Disney or any of the old guards intent to pad parks with spinners and carousels that was a necessity back in the 50s due to limitations with budget and technology. What is Disney's excuse now. If they need more family rides than build actual dark rides, if they want outdoor rides then do them grandouise like a Skyway or Peoplemover but don't just throw in yet another damn off the shelf carnival ride and give it a quick theme job and pretend its not out of place in a 21st century Disney theme park.

True enough.

It's a different Disney today and we don't have a choice about accepting it (could we get Iger removed? Or make him listen to fan views? Sure, with loads of social media shame. But that is never gonna happen as every Twit out there is worried about their own BRAND!)

GeneralZod

Here you go. Definitely nothing, well, definitive...but if I were planning to work him into Imagination, this is how I'd start. ;)

LINK

------------------------

SUBJECT: Why Bing Bong is the Greatest Disney/Pixar Character Ever

Terrible idea with a terrible character based on a terrible movie.

Cesar R M

My daughter will want to do the Frozen stuff but I don't know if I'll be brave enough to go over there.
and unfortunately, you cant have a selfie stick to defend yourself and wade your way thru the sea of visitors.

They are definitely putting a building in Norway for Frozen M&G. It would just make sense to remove them from FL to help balance capacity.
hell, why not build a multi tiered multifloor ultra duper "Big N'Large"-esque super meet and greet. Where you can meet 30 different clones of Anna and Elsa. :hilarious:
I mean.. DISNEY IS A BUSINESS!

they should clean that up! (i'm an idiot)

but the poo thing was on AK!
Oh wait.. you mean the other pooh!. :oops:

Cesar R M

Fantastic news the appetizer is back on the Deluxe Dining Plan. Everyone can relax.
So, did enough people complain to cause them to backoff on the cost cutting?

i am so mad at you for posting this. i don't know what i find more offensive: all the jump edits, or the term "bloggy bestie"...
I'm in the other hand, conflicted.
While they seem to offer.. no real value..( I mean, 74 views on youtube is like..they simply do not exist online).
Yet they get freebies all around(full trips too?)

I did not find Bing Bong a character worth an attraction.
put him in england and call him british ;)

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

Since this thread is 117 pages long and very difficult to find information, can somebody summarize? What attractions/lands are most likely to be created (or have been greenlit)? What timeframe are we looking at? Thanks!

Sorry, missed this.

Star Wars. Pixar. Timeframe unknown other than starting soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom