The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

I don't think my parents ever had a station wagon, but they sure did have large cars (I guess you'd call them sedans), that were either Ford or Chevrolet. All I remember was that we were a family of six and there was plenty of seating space for six.

Can't remember now, the last time that I was in a car that didn't have 2 bucket seats in the front. Growing up, that was more for sports cars, and all the family cars just had long seats front and back. :)
My grandma had a powder blue Ford LTD that was a boat! It was soooo big. I know what you mean about bench seating. When we were little we would never move seats forward to get into mom's back seat of her car. We'd get in the passenger door and fling ourselves over . :joyfull:

donaldtoo

for restaurants, I dont think anything tops Houston.
Wasnt Houston the food capital in the US?

Not sure about that, but, it seems to consistently be one of the "heaviest" cities in the nation.
At one point, back in the 80's, Austin was said to have more restaurants and bars, per capita, than any other city in the nation. Not sure how that stands, these days.

MOXOMUMD

L5j99T4.jpg
Hoodwinked-1.jpgMy what big teeth you have!

MOXOMUMD

Hahaaa...! I like those...! :)
But, again, what can y'all do with CHEVROLET and OLDSMOBILE...?! o_O ;)

Also, showing my total car geekdom again... :geek:
It was actually an Olds 442. It originally stood for 4 barrel carburetor, 4-speed (manual) transmission, dual exhaust.
In '65 they introduced a 400 cubic inch motor with an automatic tranny. For that incarnation it meant 400 cubic inch motor, 4 barrel carburetor, dual exhaust. :)
:facepalm: I actually knew that, I don't know why I put 422. She had it for almost 20 years and only got rid of it because someone plowed into her. The car was totaled but all she got was a bruised arm/shoulder.

MOXOMUMD

LOL us too. I remember taking a long trip in the back of one of those:) We had a small tv that plugged into the cigarette lighter (black and white and we had to change channels quite a few times Back then it was state of the art just to be able to take a tv outside!
That's what we did too! We drove to Texas a few times with a b&w tv with a 8-inch screen. It was fun finding the different UHF channels as you traveled though different areas.

donaldtoo

:facepalm: I actually knew that, I don't know why I put 422. She had it for almost 20 years and only got rid of it because someone plowed into her. The car was totaled but all she got was a bruised arm/shoulder.

Sympathy like. :(
As I've posted before, my first car was a '71 Cutlass Supreme. It had a Rocket 350 with only a two Barrel carburetor, though. But, it still hauled some pretty good a$$.
My dream Olds was always a '68-'69 442...! :)

Goofyernmost

Sympathy like. :(
As I've posted before, my first car was a '71 Cutlass Supreme. It had a Rocket 350 with only a two Barrel carburetor, though. But, it still hauled some pretty good a$$.
My dream Olds was always a '68-'69 442...! :)
My first new car was a 1970 Buick Skylark, 350, 2 barrel. Loved that car. I kept it until I started to feel that it was not dependable enough to keep. I had it when I met my wife, used it on our honeymoon, took her the the hospital to have our first baby and again to have our second. But, we lived far enough away from the hospitals and had two small children, one an infant and I just stopped trusting it to work for me like I needed it too. When I think back on it. It was amazing how little those cars had for extras. Just AM radio, crank windows, bench seats, no AC, no tinted glass. Almost barren of everything that I now expect to be standard on all cars. Still loved it and managed to take a car that at the time had an expected life span of about 75K miles and ran it 125K. Still hated to see it go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom