Pre-Trip Think the undoable and do the unthinkable

I have some great news! Last November we decided not to go back to WDW in October 2015. The flights from Amsterdam to Orlando were much more expensive so we decided to postpone it to 2016. Maybe some short trips to DLP and a summer vacation in Southern Europe was what we wanted to do!

But when we got married in 2010 we said that in the year we are married 5 years we go to Florida!

Then we try to find a decent summer vacation and well.... when we compared it to the prices we have to pay for a WDW trip in October..... :)

So we thought, what the heck! Let's do it! And do it even better than last October! Let's go into a Disney hotel! And we are married 5 years by the time we are in WDW!

So guess what, we booked our trip for October 2015! WDW here we come again! We booked a room in the All Star Movie Resort from October 16th until October 24th :)

Update 02-02-2015: When we booked the trip we tried to book a room in the Port Orleans French Quater, but it was all fully booked. But last Friday I found out that the resort was open for bookings again. So I called the travel agency and guess what?? We upgraded to Port Orleans!!!!!!!

Update 24-06-2015: Guess what :) We booked another WDW trip! October 2016 will be the second future visit!! And with a lot of advantages :) 200$ gift card, free Memory Maker, Ultimate tickets for 14 days for the price of 7 and a free dining plan! And this time we are staying at Port Orleans River Side!!

Who:
Me, my wife Ria and our daugther Sacha (last time we went with a group of 7, now just our family)

STUDIO_HBDARKRM_7076793821.jpeg

When:
October 16th - October 24th (so we can go to the Not So Scary again!)

090.JPG

Where:
Port Orleans French Quarter

port orleans.jpg

So from now on I will keep you informed when there is news from this side of the ocean!

We are really thrilled we are coming back to WDW! The feeling is very good but is getting better by the day!

Last edited:

Princess A

Great! 9.20 is a great time :) And hey you will be in WDW so you have to get up early :) The BF needs to be aware of that! And I am sure he will enjoy the trip as much as possible :) And WOW this Saturday.... that's soon.... we have to wait for sooo long! And hey the day you are having breakfast at BOG we have a day off :) We have the so called 'Kings Day' :) And will you keep us posted during your trip or afterwise? :)

Yes, we had a little chat about early mornings afterwards! :p To be honest I think that it will be fine as we will be so excited that we can't sleep anyway! Ahh that's nice, a long weekend is always welcome. I am thinking of doing a report; I have loved reading everyone's on this forum, so much so I have started snapping a few pictures of our preparations. :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
LOL :) I totally agree! Where will you stay? We will be in POFQ and for sure it will be marvelous! Our first on-side stay in WDW! Last year we were in a Villa in Davenport and had to ride 20/30 minutes every morning and back in the evening. The great thing was that we also found time to go to Universal. This time we will be overwhelmed with 24/7 Disney, although Universal still attracs us... but going by public transport seems to be a 'hell', at least 1,5 hour! We have te same! Love reading everyone's PTR or TR :) And personally I think it's great to 'build' a long PTR and TR and share the feelings and thoughts with other forum members!

Princess A

LOL :) I totally agree! Where will you stay? We will be in POFQ and for sure it will be marvelous! Our first on-side stay in WDW! Last year we were in a Villa in Davenport and had to ride 20/30 minutes every morning and back in the evening. The great thing was that we also found time to go to Universal. This time we will be overwhelmed with 24/7 Disney, although Universal still attracs us... but going by public transport seems to be a 'hell', at least 1,5 hour! We have te same! Love reading everyone's PTR or TR :) And personally I think it's great to 'build' a long PTR and TR and share the feelings and thoughts with other forum members!

We are staying in POR! :D Our first ever trip, it is my dream holiday so I wanted to stay on property. I stayed at Newport Bay at DLP and since then I have always thought the perks of being already at Disney are great (mainly because I am lazy with public transport!). Since I learnt to drive I have been terrible! :p Yes it is nice to chat with like-minded people who just enjoy Disney. :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
We are staying in POR! :D Our first ever trip, it is my dream holiday so I wanted to stay on property. I stayed at Newport Bay at DLP and since then I have always thought the perks of being already at Disney are great (mainly because I am lazy with public transport!). Since I learnt to drive I have been terrible! :p Yes it is nice to chat with like-minded people who just enjoy Disney. :)

Also in PO :) Only the other side! I can imagine that it is your dream vacation! We had the same thoughts last year! We were with a bigger group so it was better to stay in a multi-room villa! This time it's just me, my wife and our girl. That's why we stay on property! And also we are married 5 years this August, so an extra reason to make it special! In DLP we only stayed on property in Cheyenne. All the other trips we stay off property in a cheap hotel :) It's even more than nice to chat with Disney fools as ourselves!

Princess A

Have fun at MNSSHP! Jealous! :p Breakfast at BOG was amazing! You should be fine for booking, BF loved it so much I managed to get another booking about 5 days out whilst we were there so I'm sure you will find one. Oh, and French Quarter is so cute! Make sure to take a walk/boat to see Riverside too. We fell in love with it. :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Have fun at MNSSHP! Jealous! :p Breakfast at BOG was amazing! You should be fine for booking, BF loved it so much I managed to get another booking about 5 days out whilst we were there so I'm sure you will find one. Oh, and French Quarter is so cute! Make sure to take a walk/boat to see Riverside too. We fell in love with it. :)

Thanks :) Great that BOG was amazing and the BF left in love with it! I am sure we will do as well! Can't wait to be in POFQ :) And off course we will check out PORS :) You had a great time last time I guess :)

Have a great time!!! Excited you were able to get the trip to work out :)

We are as excited! Although it's such a long wait :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Another tiny update!! Fedex arrived this morning!! The MNSSHP tickets for October 22nd are there along with the memory maker!! Today the magical 150 days mark..... so 60 days for getting ADR in BOG.... and 90 days for the FP+ reservations!!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Time will fly by fast, now that you are receiving item for your upcoming trip. Tickets to the party and the memory makers, whats next for them to send you?

Well the rest is booked with a travel agency so as soon as we paid for the total amount we will receive a couple of weeks before going all the documents! 90 days prior to the trip ADR for BOG. 60 days prior time for FP+ and in the last 3 weeks book the right seats in the plane :)

And I guess we will receive the Magic Bands on arrival and checking in :)

sheriffwoody

Woo hoo! We're going just a couple of weeks before you. I am SO EXCITED. We were the same way, thought we weren't going to go this year, but couldn't help it :D Looking forward to hearing about your plans!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
What is the U2 countdown number?

hej there, countdown for 1st concert is 109 days and for the second show 113. The first one will be me and Sacha, her 1st U2 concert ever and second is with Ria and Sacha :)

And as you can see in below email the stage is spectacular.... so besides the can't wait for WDW there is also a can't wait for U2 comming to Amsterdam :)

u2-san-jose-2015.jpg
u2-san-jose-2015_2.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom