A Spirited Perfect Ten

PhotoDave219

So? Stiff people just can't change their ways because they are surrounded by thousands of hard core fans. They are who they are. With movies, the most excited people you'll see are the actors/actresses, and maybe the director/writer. Otherwise, the film company's CEO , the PR people, the other corporate types will be stiff as a cucumber.

I see nothing shocking or newsworthy that Disney PR people don't seem excited. Now if Mr. JJ wasn't excited, or the actors/actresses involved with the movie weren't excited, I'd start wondering what they put in the water out there in CA. But PR people? Nah.... don't care they are stiff.

Not all do.

I know one PR man that would have been very excited over yesterdays news....

BrerJon

Who are these PR reps? Name names, obviously they must be biggies if your wife can identify them on a swamped con floor.

Everyone who has been seen on the StarWars.com live stream (Iger, others from TWDC/Lucasfilm) has seemed appropriately excited.

Wow, someone really can't take movie executives being criticised. Too close to home?

Are we really back to the whole 'people on the internet must declare their sources!' nonsense again? I thought this was over the last time ParentsOf4 was being interrogated.

Tigger1988

Wow, someone really can't take movie executives being criticised. Too close to home?

Are we really back to the whole 'people on the internet must declare their sources!' nonsense again? I thought this was over the last time ParentsOf4 was being interrogated.
PR people are not always execs and what I can't take is a certain someone sprouting "facts" that are false more often than not. ParentsOf4 doesn't make stuff up, so not sure why you're bringing him up lol.

I don't give two flips about execs, but if he's gonna run his mouth man up and name names. Obviously they must be well known people if they are easily recognizable.

BrerJon

PR people are not execs and what I can't take is a certain someone sprouting "facts" that are false more often than not. ParentsOf4 doesn't make stuff up, so not sure why you're bringing him up lol.

I don't give two flips about execs, but if he's gonna run his mouth man up and name names. Obviously they must be well known people if they are easily recognizable.

Have you ever been to a Star Wars convention? People in suits and name badges stand out more than Jabba in a special edition, they're not hard to spot.

Tigger1988

Have you ever been to a Star Wars convention? People in suits and name badges stand out more than Jabba in a special edition, they're not hard to spot.
Been to more conventions than I should admit to. Never seen anyone ANYONE wearing a suit. "Suits" in a button down shirt, yes.

Again, naming names shouldn't be that hard. Might as well put the PR people on blast, it's what people around here do best.

the.dreamfinder

This Star Wars rejuvenation business is risky and diehard fans may be disappointed. I think it will be a safer bet for Disney to do a little brand mixing to make sure Star Wars is a big hit. Anna, Elsa and Hans Olaf.

Brand mixing, at least how it's practiced by TWDC, is one of the main reasons why the boy who lived resides up I-4 as opposed to Lake Buena Vista.

CDavid

This Star Wars rejuvenation business is risky and diehard fans may be disappointed. I think it will be a safer bet for Disney to do a little brand mixing to make sure Star Wars is a big hit. Anna, Elsa and Hans Olaf.

Clearly, the next Star Wars spin-off should feature Olaf and Jar Jar Binks. :D

stevehousse

Sphero, the Disney incubator company that came up with the technology, is making mini BB-8s available to everyone this Christmas. They won't be cheap, though.

I'm assuming it will be similar to the high end Pixar toys at my toys r us! I want a remote controlled WALLE but not for the price...:(

jakeman

Perhaps it's more appropriate in this case because @ford91exploder is known to completely fabricate things then vanish when proven wrong.

CinematicFusion

So? Stiff people just can't change their ways because they are surrounded by thousands of hard core fans. They are who they are. With movies, the most excited people you'll see are the actors/actresses, and maybe the director/writer. Otherwise, the film company's CEO , the PR people, the other corporate types will be stiff as a cucumber.

I see nothing shocking or newsworthy that Disney PR people don't seem excited. Now if Mr. JJ wasn't excited, or the actors/actresses involved with the movie weren't excited, I'd start wondering what they put in the water out there in CA. But PR people? Nah.... don't care they are stiff.

Except with Lucasfilm...they are masters with the fan base. No other film company matches what Lucasfilm brings to the table when it comes to these fan base celebrations.
The people at Lucasfilm do care and do get it. No one can question that. Disney needs to learn from this group of people on how to handle fan relations.
Don't believe me? Have your son or daughter write to Lucasfilm about Star Wars or Indy.....they will write back.
Maybe I'm to close to the subject. I'll stand by my words. Lucasfilm gets the fan base.

Disney needs to study how Lucasfilm handles its intellectual property with its fan base. I hope Iger took notes this weekend.

Frankie The Beer

Who are these PR reps? Name names, obviously they must be biggies if your wife can identify them on a swamped con floor.

Everyone who has been seen on the StarWars.com live stream (Iger, others from TWDC/Lucasfilm) has seemed appropriately excited.

I have to agree on Iger, every video I have seen with him about the new SW film makes him look like he needs a change of underwear.

Cesar R M

How BB-8 works. Don't read if you don't want the MAGIC spoiled. (Is that an adequate warning @PhotoDave219?)
http://www.slashfilm.com/bb-8-tech/
as an Engineer, I always love to see the inner things!
Thanks for the finding!

Also, It seems like I was pretty close on what others and me said about that droid inner workings.
Magnets and rollers!

Now if there was a way to see how the freaking Articulated Disney head worked (without the fur shell)

Cesar R M

It's a ROBOT it's mechanical its supposed to be comprehensible not MAGICal....

That being said expect many clones of this to be rolling around the christmas tree on 25 December.
I actually hope they can at least make a working one for the parks. Like replacing Push with it.
Or the Wall-E ones at Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom