A Spirited Perfect Ten

stevehousse

Nothing to really spoil for Game of thrones as someone has beat you to the punch and released the first 4 episodes online last week...

In terms of Star Wars, and I know I will get flames for this, I do not think Disney can do justice to the franchise unless they build an actual stars wars theme park. A land with 2 rides and a restaurant will only disappoint everyone! Now I know this has a less than 1% chance of ever happening, but all I see I'd disappointment from many no matter what they do with the Star Wars land.

PhotoDave219

Nothing to really spoil for Game of thrones as someone has beat you to the punch and released the first 4 episodes online last week...

In terms of Star Wars, and I know I will get flames for this, I do not think Disney can do justice to the franchise unless they build an actual stars wars theme park. A land with 2 rides and a restaurant will only disappoint everyone! Now I know this has a less than 1% chance of ever happening, but all I see I'd disappointment from many no matter what they do with the Star Wars land.

I agree with you on the latter. I fear that whatever they do at DHS will be vastly underwhelming, while the suits fall back saying "well our research said blah blah blah..."

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You have to hope it finally got through to Iger's head what he's dealing with here after watching the crowd erupt on that little teaser. I'll be the first to apologize for Mr. Iger, and Disney is playing this up better than even they probably could ever imagine, but I really, really hope they understand how big a deal this could potentially be, especially at the theme parks.

Sadly I don't think TWDC realizes, DW is with her BFF at StarWars convention in LA right now, The fans are over the moon but the corporate types there 'It's just another summer blockbuster' IDIOTS!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

I dont care if they just build 1 themed restaurant and 1 attraction, as long as they do it RIGHT. Quality will always win out but Disney burned me a bit by over hyping FLE and then again with 7DMT, and Norway pavilion is yet to be determined so I use caution. It would be nice if they build Star Wars land and simply open it without all the lame Imagineer chats and DPB hype and buzz words.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Is there any chance that with the hype Star Wars is creating, which is HUGE, will spur the company to consider spending the money and building Star Wars land at a blazing fast speed rather than shooting for 2020?

Maybe they learned a bit with Frozen and after seeing what the last 24 hours has brought as far as fan excitement that maybe, just maybe there will be talks to not wait as long and "act on a hot IP" in the proper way? Theyve gotta be drooling at the potential to cash in on this even if it means dropping a hefty amount of money to get it done quickly. They just made a butt load of money yesterday in stock increase alone.

Maybe a meet and greet in tomorrowland...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I dont care if they just build 1 themed restaurant and 1 attraction, as long as they do it RIGHT. Quality will always win out but Disney burned me a bit by over hyping FLE and then again with 7DMT, and Norway pavilion is yet to be determined so I use caution. It would be nice if they build Star Wars land and simply open it without all the lame Imagineer chats and DPB hype and buzz words.

Never happen with this management team

Mike S

Like what Universal is doing with King Kong?

"Pay no attention to the giant building with the stone facade behind the construction walls."

Captain Chaos

Sadly I don't think TWDC realizes, DW is with her BFF at StarWars convention in LA right now, The fans are over the moon but the corporate types there 'It's just another summer blockbuster' IDIOTS!
Um Star Wars comes out in December, therefore it is NOT a summer blockbuster.

Blockbuster, yes. Summer blockbuster, we'll leave that to Avengers. Star Wars will just destroy everyone during the holiday season, and into 2016.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
As to the excitement about SW

It's the body language of the PR types, They don't appear to be fans of SW they are doing their 'job' but they are just going through the motions. DW is puzzled why they are not more excited because the fans well...

One would think out of all the PR Reps TWDC has they could find a few that are actual FANS of the Star Wars franchise...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Um Star Wars comes out in December, therefore it is NOT a summer blockbuster.

Blockbuster, yes. Summer blockbuster, we'll leave that to Avengers. Star Wars will just destroy everyone during the holiday season, and into 2016.

Yes it will, DW was puzzled why the PR types are not excited, I'm guessing they don't like hanging out with the hardcore Star Wars fans rather than Hollywood A and B lister's.

I'm NOT there so it's only texts and pics of people from DW's phone.

Captain Chaos

Yes it will, DW was puzzled why the PR types are not excited, I'm guessing they don't like hanging out with the hardcore Star Wars fans rather than Hollywood A and B lister's.
Kind of hard to ever get corporate types excited. By nature, many are stiff statues, showing little to no excitement over anything, except their bonuses, bank accounts, and stock hand outs. Otherwise, it doesn't surprise me they show no excitement. It is that rare corporate type that shows excitement, and yes, that included public relations.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Kind of hard to ever get corporate types excited. By nature, many are stiff statues, showing little to no excitement over anything, except their bonuses, bank accounts, and stock hand outs. Otherwise, it doesn't surprise me they show no excitement. It is that rare corporate type that shows excitement, and yes, that included public relations.

That's true but this is an event focused around the Star Wars universe, Not a PR event in a Hotel somewhere.

Captain Chaos

That's true but this is an event focused around the Star Wars universe, Not a PR event in a Hotel somewhere.
So? Stiff people just can't change their ways because they are surrounded by thousands of hard core fans. They are who they are. With movies, the most excited people you'll see are the actors/actresses, and maybe the director/writer. Otherwise, the film company's CEO , the PR people, the other corporate types will be stiff as a cucumber.

I see nothing shocking or newsworthy that Disney PR people don't seem excited. Now if Mr. JJ wasn't excited, or the actors/actresses involved with the movie weren't excited, I'd start wondering what they put in the water out there in CA. But PR people? Nah.... don't care they are stiff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom