Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So the current contract/permit is to demolish the BAH. That would mean keeping the surrounding planters, etc. intact and just getting rid of all parts of the hat. I would suspect @danlb_2000 will turn over a new permit before anything new goes in the space.

There already was one filed back at the end of January...

Hub Enhancements - Construction

Grumpy1973

We were at Hollywood Studios this afternoon.. As we were walking in the front entrance and as soon as we started down Hollywood Blvd my 5 year old daughter shouts, "Daddy what's that!?!?" as she is pointing at The Great Movie Ride. She has been on Disney property nearly weekly since she was born (yeah I know, we have a problem), and I laughed and thought about this thread when she said that, it's been hidden behind that hat her entire life.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If it were a stage wouldn't it be specified? I'm thinking a planter would just be called construction, but I would think lighting, sound equipment etc. would be specified if it was a stage. Correct me if I'm wrong.

What we call a permit is actually a Notice Of Commencement, so they aren't required to specify exactly what is being built, just where it's being built, who is doing the work and when it will be completed.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Slalom Construction is a new name to me. I don't see a website for them. I presume they've done work at WDW before. Do you know of any previous jobs?

Looking back a the past two years they have done a very eclectic set of jobs for Disney....

- Curb removal on Main Street in MK
- Awning install for Open Upon Toy
- Equipment installtion at Textile Services
- Toontown railroad water tower
- One Man's Dream stage construction
- Railing installation along the path to the Contemporary
- Toontown Station lighting instalation.

To name a few.

toolsnspools

Looking back a the past two years they have done a very eclectic set of jobs for Disney....

- Curb removal on Main Street in MK
- Awning install for Open Upon Toy
- Equipment installtion at Textile Services
- Toontown railroad water tower
- One Man's Dream stage construction
- Railing installation along the path to the Contemporary
- Toontown Station lighting instalation.

To name a few.
There's only one possible thing they can be qualified to install then. It's gonna be a water-tower-stage-awning with a curbed path, railings and flood lights. Should be amazing.

jdmdisney99

Central Railings circle looks to me a good spot to put the camera man statue. He could be pointing back to the Theater maybe.
Or pointing towards this...
image.jpg

;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom