Disney to Reveal Ambitious Star Wars Plans

HauntedMansionFLA

Slightly OT, but when can we expect the Pixar Place expansion news? Would it coincide with Star Wars news or would it come out before/after? I read last year where some people felt that announcement was imminent, yet here we are months later and nothing. Could we be hearing something any day or is there a good guesstimate on a date?
It does seem odd. I would they would want the Pixar Playarea where the Backlot tour used to be ready to go by this summer. If not, the MK will be unbearable with the crowds. I wouldn't mind seeing CarsLand too

FoozieBear

Slightly OT, but when can we expect the Pixar Place expansion news? Would it coincide with Star Wars news or would it come out before/after? I read last year where some people felt that announcement was imminent, yet here we are months later and nothing. Could we be hearing something any day or is there a good guesstimate on a date?

I'm betting my money the announcement is happening at D23 this summer. That's the next best logical announcement date.

HauntedMansionFLA

That would be disappointing, as i would hope construction would be well under way by then
Yep, hopefully they are at least prepping the area for whatever is going in there. I don't under stand closing all of the different attractions without something ready to go. Star Wars land needs to be at least as big as Avatar Land.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm actually sad that people don't understand what this expansion is, some people automatically think it will be about the movie which it really isn't. Its about the Moon Pandora and Pandora is just AMAZING so if they can pull it off this will be one of the most amazing lands created in terms of land scape and theming. All the haters are either universal fanboys or people who didn't like the movie and think it will be exactly like that (p.s pandora is not a planet its a moon in the movie)
I think you're in the wrong thread.

twebber55

great question you would think those announcements might be separate

MagicGoofy

I have a theory that they might go the universal route and not announce the toy story expansion until it's closer to being ready and they would announce Star Wars land at D23 or Star Wars weekends

DManRightHere

Any big new announcement may take away from Avatar hype. Disney wouldn't want that. Secret construction ALWAYS seems to be figured out anyways though...

Kman101

When I see cranes, walls up, then I'll say they're getting busy.

They're working on removing the hat (I know it's gone but walls are still up), and adding that track to Toy Story Mania (which I assume are the "first step"/first phase of the porject), but attractions have been closed since September. It's already been five months. And to me, building behind the backlot tour and even for Star Wars, that doesn't seem like it would lead to major guest impact unless they are TRULY overhauling this park.

Things take time, I know that, but they really have to get moving on Hollywood Studios. Let's start moving a tad quicker, Disney. We know you can do it.

ItlngrlBella

So feature wise, for fun, what would you want to see that would be amazing for the SW land? ..((ahem, and before all the guys here say "slave Leia"))...

Here's my wish list:

1. Central feature (area where attractions/dining/shows are based around): Mos Isley Space Port (all rides depart motion, dark or otherwise take you to different planets from this area... Makes sense, right?)

2. Dining: Mos Isley Cantina w/character meals, band, (blue milk and all).

3. Some sort of dark ride that is a hybrid 3D and sim/motion like Transformers at Uni.

...and absolutely NO Jar Jar Binks... ANYWHERE.
I cannot stand that poor-man's Goofy knock off (and I ❤️ Goofy - just not in SW). I would lose it and rip the selfie-pole out of some chanting Brazilian tour member's hand and beat the character with it. <~~~~~ *Kidding*

... and I'd hope for new tech that has us all like this: :jawdrop:

That's all I have for now - thanks for indulging me in my inferior-imagineering SW nerdette-daydream. ;)

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

So feature wise, for fun, what would you want to see that would be amazing for the SW land?

Here's my wish list:

Central feature (area where attractions/dining/shows are based around): Mos Isley Space Port (all rides depart motion, dark or otherwise take you to different planets from this area... Makes sense, right?)

Dining: Mos Isley Cantina w/character meals, band, (blue milk and all).

Some sort of dark ride that is a hybrid 3D and sim/motion like Transformers at Uni.

That's all I have for now - thanks for indulging me in my inferior imagineering SW nerdette blurb. ;)
I'd like to see an indoor Jedi training with Yoda (like crush the turtle) for the young Star Wars fans, an E- ticket dark ride and a people eating attraction to appeals to families - a indoor water ride like splash or pirates through the different lands. One can hope. You have a great list there :)

ItlngrlBella

I'd like to see an indoor Jedi training with Yoda (like crush the turtle) for the young Star Wars fans, an E- ticket dark ride and a people eating attraction to appeals to families - a indoor water ride like splash or pirates through the different lands. One can hope. You have a great list there :)

A "people eating attraction" as in a dining/character feature or a sarlac that eats people, (preferably guests who line jump?) ;)

I LOVE the training with Yoda idea - how cute would that be and a definite enhancement from the one they have now.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

I'd like to see an indoor Jedi training with Yoda (like crush the turtle) for the young Star Wars fans
Yea I would like this as well except I wouldn't want it to be screen based like crush. Give me a killer AA of Yoda that can move around a stage area that would be elevated just enough so couldn't see his feet. I wouldn't want anything simulator based. I would like to see a Darkride, coaster, flume hybrid maybe set on Endor as the E-ticket. Oh, and a slave Leia meet and greet at the end of a Jabbas palace walkthrough. ;)

ItlngrlBella

Yea I would like this as well except I wouldn't want it to be screen based like crush. Give me a killer AA of Yoda that can move around a stage area that would be elevated just enough so couldn't see his feet. I wouldn't want anything simulator based. I would like to see a Darkride, coaster, flume hybrid maybe set on Endor as the E-ticket. Oh, and a slave Leia meet and greet at the end of a Jabbas palace walkthrough. ;)

You had me at "dark ride coaster," but sadly, lost me at Slave Leia. :facepalm:

KLinder7

So feature wise, for fun, what would you want to see that would be amazing for the SW land? ..((ahem, and before all the guys here say "slave Leia"))...

Here's my wish list:

1. Central feature (area where attractions/dining/shows are based around): Mos Isley Space Port (all rides depart motion, dark or otherwise take you to different planets from this area... Makes sense, right?)

2. Dining: Mos Isley Cantina w/character meals, band, (blue milk and all).

3. Some sort of dark ride that is a hybrid 3D and sim/motion like Transformers at Uni.

...and absolutely NO Jar Jar Binks... ANYWHERE.
I cannot stand that poor-man's Goofy knock off (and I ❤️ Goofy - just not in SW). I would lose it and rip the selfie-pole out of some chanting Brazilian tour member's hand and beat the character with it. <~~~~~ *Kidding*

... and I'd hope for new tech that has us all like this: :jawdrop:

That's all I have for now - thanks for indulging me in my inferior-imagineering SW nerdette-daydream. ;)
Awesome stuff! Throw in a bunch of droids moving all around and I'm sold.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom