Have you ever seen people going bezerk??

chipndale09

Original Poster
Hi,

just wondering if it is only us (i doubt it ;) ) , has anyone seen people to the point of fisticuffs??

We, on two seperate occasions we have seen unrelated families yelling at each other.

Once, on the way back from Epcot, one woman yelling at another for bumping her with the stroller. She went ballistic!!

Second, during afternoon off at the french quarter..two families yelling at the top of their lungs at each other about someone cutting someone off on the bus...All you could hear in the courtyard (that echoes btw ) .."wanna fight..wanna fight" ..

I'm thinking really?? your on vacation dudes, i realize Disney can be stressful but whoa. All this in front of the children

J_Carioca

I once saw a couple having a screaming fight in Tomorrowland. In front of their small kids. It was really sad. I also thought that if they act like that in public, what happens when they're home alone?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We've been lucky that in all of our many trips, we have never seen this. Heck, we haven't seen any drunkards during F&W, despite many visits during that time. Of course, we aren't looking for them either, like some people here seem to do. They seek it out, and then talk about the drunky town. Oh well, I guess to each his/her own.

Weather_Lady

I think that for some families, vacations are super-stressful, and the level of pre-planning and basic knowledge required (or at least, encouraged) for a Disney vacation is higher than most, and others try to do too much in a day and are constantly hot, tired and frazzled. Those conditions bring out the very worst in anybody.

That being said, the only out-of-control screaming match I've ever seen was between some groups of visitors from New Jersey during Easter break 2005, but they weren't fighting with each other. They were simply yelling, pep rally style, over the heads of the several hundred persons assembled in the BTMRR queue, that they were "from F***NG NEW JERSEY!" in a chant that went back and forth between two different groups (it was tough to tell whether they actually knew each other, or whether this was some kind of weird thing that some "New Jersey people" do when they see each other outside of their natural habitat) for several rounds, with each one trying to outdo the other in volume, notwithstanding the fact that there were dozens of small children present. Frankly, I was surprised that their language didn't incite a fight, as the other patrons were none too pleased, and the CMs in the area appeared to be feigning sudden deafness.

chipndale09

Original Poster
We've been lucky that in all of our many trips, we have never seen this. Heck, we haven't seen any drunkards during F&W, despite many visits during that time. Of course, we aren't looking for them either, like some people here seem to do. They seek it out, and then talk about the drunky town. Oh well, I guess to each his/her own.
We've never looked for it, both times was right in front us..at the bus stop and fight scene was in front of room at the french quarter...

and yes ur lucky :) I felt bad for the kids witnessing this crazyness

However, I never have seen the drunk fools , (other than hat-lady night at Rose, but no one is out of control and all are part of the silly fun abience that goes with that show).

Once we did see a bunch of younger "as of age" guys walking with beers in front of mexico pavillion, being a little loud, one dropped his beer on the ground right in front of an elderly couple. Without missing a beat, the elderly gentleman says to his wife.."they must be Irish".....i spit out my drink ..lolll

chipndale09

Original Poster
I think that for some families, vacations are super-stressful, and the level of pre-planning and basic knowledge required (or at least, encouraged) for a Disney vacation is higher than most, and others try to do too much in a day and are constantly hot, tired and frazzled. Those conditions bring out the very worst in anybody.

That being said, the only out-of-control screaming match I've ever seen was between some groups of visitors from New Jersey during Easter break 2005, but they weren't fighting with each other. They were simply yelling, pep rally style, over the heads of the several hundred persons assembled in the BTMRR queue, that they were "from F***NG NEW JERSEY!" in a chant that went back and forth between two different groups (it was tough to tell whether they actually knew each other, or whether this was some kind of weird thing that some "New Jersey people" do when they see each other outside of their natural habitat) for several rounds, with each one trying to outdo the other in volume, notwithstanding the fact that there were dozens of small children present. Frankly, I was surprised that their language didn't incite a fight, as the other patrons were none too pleased, and the CMs in the area appeared to be feigning sudden deafness.
I am surprised no one said anyting about the language??!! I do tend have a bit of a potty mouth and my daughter has heard them all at home..loll, but when you start swearing loudly and consistently in public. IMHO, don't ask me why but i think that is not appropriate.

Weather_Lady

I am surprised no one said anyting about the language??!! I do tend have a bit of a potty mouth and my daughter has heard them all at home..loll, but when you start swearing loudly and consistently in public. IMHO, don't ask me why but i think that is not appropriate.

I don't think anybody dared -- both groups of "shouters" were populated primarily with young, chest-thumping, unnecessarily-aggressive men who clearly had no concern for anyone else. I think everyone just wanted them to go away, and didn't want to escalate the bizarre situation by trying to get them to listen to reason.

The funny thing was that when I described the situation to a friend of mine who hails from New Jersey after I returned from my vacation, she just rolled her eyes and said, "Yeah, that sounds like something my family would do. That's why we moved here [to upstate New York]."

JasonDeyoung

Only the angry parents and tired crazy kids nothing involving a brawl for all
Though. Would be slightly entertaining though ️haha

chipndale09

Original Poster
Only the angry parents and tired crazy kids nothing involving a brawl for all
Though. Would be slightly entertaining though ️haha
being a parent myself,i do feel bad for the kids. I remember one trip, on our way to AK, there was woman with her 4yr old on the bus, all the way to AK the child was whining about wanting to go back to sleep, didn't want to go the park. The lady says to her kid .." don't worry you,ll like it" Then proceeds to talk to my wife and tells her last time they were there, her daughter was 9 months..and she remembers that trip and the stuff they did...what?? really! To the end the story, we ran into the same woman with her child , 10:30pm at DTD. Guess what, the child was a mess! Crazy....to each his/her own i guess

katieee

New Years Eve and we were all tightly packed in on Main Street awaiting the fireworks, some drunk man (with his son of about 9) decided he was going to push his way through the crowd, when he realised he wasn't getting anywhere fast he decided to push over a lady and a child in a pram, his pushing and shoving caused lots of people to fall/trip including my fiancé it was really scary really as because it was SO packed could have caused a stampede/injuries, and then when someone shouted at him for being a tw** he started trying to punch some poor Spanish family! who were so shook up by it all. Never seen anything like it again at Disney! :O

Otterhead

I went to Gaston's Tavern a month or so after it opened, and they only had one single person working all three registers. I waited about 45 minutes for food -- my friends and I were determined to try the LaFou's Brew. The whole time, I had a dad behind me whose family was waiting at a table. They kept texting him, asking how long it would be. Finally everyone got their food and the dad stalked over to his family's table with his tray stacked with LaFou's Brews and pork shanks, and THREW it on the table, shouting "THERE! HAPPY NOW??!". Food went everywhere, drinks splashed on his kids and wife, and everyone started screaming and crying. We hustled out of there. That's the worst meltdown I've seen at WDW by far!

But I've seen some crazy behavior from the cheerleader groups that go there. Last time I was there, all through Illuminations (and for awhile afterwards) a group of 50-60 of them clustered in the walkway, taking up the entire path, jumping up and down and chanting, all compressed together. They'd all scream at once, and throw things. It was freaky.

Last edited:

jloucks

While never escalated to physical altercation (but I could handle it at 6'3 250), I have responded rudely to rude behavior on both of my last visits. You pull rude crap toward me, or people around me, and you will hear about it.

That being said, accidents don't set me off. Ramming me with a stroller I can blow off pretty easy. Just some limping for a bit. Intentionally cut in line,well now that is a whole different deal. Profanity in front of my kids? Gonna be problems. Rip a CM for stupid selfish reason, ima gonna let you know what you look like.

Disnee4Me

I confess I yelled at someone once ... on my Disneymoon, no less. We had sat down on Main Street well before the parade was suppose to start, at least a half hour in the early July heat. Just minutes before the parade starts, a single mom (I assume) with her young daughter asked if they could squeeze in next to us. Of course I said yes, and they did. The minute the parade came down Main Street, the little girl jumped up and started dancing, in front of me as I was trying to take pictures, and my DH was trying to video tape. I asked the mom several times to ask her daughter to sit down as she could plainly see I was trying to take pictures, but she ignored me. When the parade was over, I gave it to this woman and the guy next to my DH also gave it to her. I seriously don't mind squeezing tight to let people in, but then don't be rude, after I was being nice!!

jloucks

I saw an physical altercation at HHN this year at Universal.

I do think that the "relentlessly stressful vacation" scenario that Disney has devised has led to a less enjoyable vacation experience.

You bring up a really good point. Pack too many people in to too small a space for too long and it is a recipe for problems. Disney is trading $$$ for guest stress.

Otterhead

I think you can take WDW any way you choose to. Some choose to go at crazy busy times, do all the rides, and yell and scream at people. Others go at quieter times, take the parks at a more relaxed pace, have nice dinners, and chill out poolside. Should they be turning people away to keep the parks more sparse?

The absolute worst, craziest time to go is between Christmas and New Years. I went once with family... never again. EPCOT on New Years' Eve was insane, packed to the gills. Four hour wait for Test Track. I remember some kid trying to do 'hip hop' dance moves and slammed into my dad, and said something like "Yo, watch where you're walkin', old man!" My dad ripped into him and he ran away like a puppy. It's not a cheerful place to be. But it's the best Illuminations you'll ever see.

awheartsdw

While I wouldn't say he went "berserk" per se, my DH did flip out on a Brazilian tour group. After we had both graduated from college, we decided to go to Disney as a way to celebrate, as my DH had never been. We stayed at ASM. We did not know that the All Star resorts are the resorts of choice for large tour groups, schools, dance competition teams, etc. We were in our early 20's and all for staying up late and having a good time. When the Brazilian tour group was still going strong-singing, chanting and carrying on, in our section well after 2 in the morning, after we spent a good 15 hours at the parks and out for the evening, my DH lost it. He flung our hotel room door open, stepped out only in his shorts and proceeded to tell them that enough was enough-to go back to their rooms, stop hanging out outside and provide some peace and quiet for everyone else staying at the resort. I don't know how much they understood, but my DH is a big, muscular, fit guy and I think they got the gist even with the language barrier. We slept like babies the remainder of the trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom