I forgot to pack this item, but will never forget again...

BigHero4

Thought this might be a fun topic especially for those taking bags into the park.

One item that I packed, but left in my suitcase (instead of carry on) was my swim trunks. I didn't know that the DME luggage wouldn't arrive at your resort until 3-5 hours after you checked in. This almost caused a melt down with my 4 year old. Just as I was about to take out a second mortgage to buy him and I a pair of swim trunks in the resort gift shop, the luggage appeared. I will NEVER make that mistake again.

An item that I won't ever forget to pack in my park bag are travel size baby wipes. Regardless of age, it was nice to use these to clean up hands or use them on your face as a refreshing break from the Florida sun.

How about everyone else?

Kate Alan

While I didn't forget entirely to pack it, I didn't pack nearly enough: Advil and Sudafed.

I was battling the last vestiges of a cold when we headed to Disney this December, and while I had what I thought was enough to last me, I did not have enough to extend to my brother and sister, who also at various points on vacation developed said cold. Normally I bring a pharmacy worth with me (I tend to get colds often when traveling), but for some reason forgot this time (probably because I was sick when I packed!) And no one else had brought any because they know I always stock up. So I ended up having to pay the insane prices in the gift shop to supplement.

Compounding the issue is that Disney gift shops don't sell Sudafed itself, but similar medications. Usually not a big deal, but I have an adverse reaction to an ingredient that gets put in a lot of cold and sinus meds (think hallucinations and heart palpitations), so I have to use a specific type. I had to search the ingredient lists on a few packages to find the basic equivalent. Never again - I'll make sure I have a large packet any time I'm on vacation, just in case, from here on out.

Upvote 0

draybook

We almost always go in September so I never forget my spray bottle. Between misting myself in the heat and sneaking a drink out of it, I always have it.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

We went last February and it was 20 degrees when we left NY. My daughter wore boots on the plane. When we got to Disney it was 80 degrees and her sneakers were in our luggage - with DME. Never again.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

A case (not box, but case!) of small bandaids!!! No matter what, my DH ends up with 5 to 10 blisters. I think on the next trip he is bringing 2 - 3 pairs of shoes to try to help

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Sorry if this is TMI, but... toilet paper. We bring our own tp. We've only been twice, but after that first trip it's the first thing we pack. Now where's the embarrassed smiley? lol
I'm guessing you stay at a value resort? If you stay deluxe you don't need to bring your own (speaking from experience) ;)

Upvote 0

sophie_the_pooh

I don't think I ever forgot something important for a WDW trip, since I seem to develop some form of OCD when I start planning my packing...:happy: I start making lists and purchasing things I'm missing about 6 months in advance...I know it's crazy, but for me planning is a huge part of the trip and I enjoy it very much! Keeps me happy all year long while preparing my trip!

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We've never forgotten to pack anything, or had it stuck in luggage limbo (thanks to the fact that we travel "carryon only," and my OCD packing lists -- I share @sophie_the_pooh's feelings on packing and planning!) but we've brought sunscreen and in our excitement over arriving at WDW, forgot to apply it. DH, who is of Scottish-Irish descent and thus very fair-skinned, turned into a red, peeling lobster within hours. I'd say sunscreen is our "absolute must-not-forget" item!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Minthorne

Apple lightning cable for my iphone5 when it first came out. The didn't sell it anywhere on property. I had to drive to Walmart. Thank goodness I had a rental!

Upvote 0

Britt

Extra shoes, flip flops for the pool and hotel room floors, an extra bathing suit in case the day before one isn't dry!

Blister bandaids, anti friction stick (so necessary when going on water rides!!), headache meds (adult and children), pain reliever, baby wipes, feminine hygiene stuff.

Most importantly....GUM!

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I don't think I ever forgot something important for a WDW trip, since I seem to develop some form of OCD when I start planning my packing...:happy: I start making lists and purchasing things I'm missing about 6 months in advance...I know it's crazy, but for me planning is a huge part of the trip and I enjoy it very much! Keeps me happy all year long while preparing my trip!

I start my list several weeks before our trip and right down things as I think of it. My issue is usually what clothes to bring, especially late fall/winter since the weather can be hot or cold or both....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom