I forgot to pack this item, but will never forget again...

BigHero4

Thought this might be a fun topic especially for those taking bags into the park.

One item that I packed, but left in my suitcase (instead of carry on) was my swim trunks. I didn't know that the DME luggage wouldn't arrive at your resort until 3-5 hours after you checked in. This almost caused a melt down with my 4 year old. Just as I was about to take out a second mortgage to buy him and I a pair of swim trunks in the resort gift shop, the luggage appeared. I will NEVER make that mistake again.

An item that I won't ever forget to pack in my park bag are travel size baby wipes. Regardless of age, it was nice to use these to clean up hands or use them on your face as a refreshing break from the Florida sun.

How about everyone else?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I never forget anything. I may have to stop at Publix on the way, but I have everything I need by the time I get to WDW. lol

My DD is another story. It's always something. A sweater or jacket during the colder months (thanks to Mom, she now has a really cute pink Minnie sweater shirt). Appropriate shoes - she now has a lovely pair of colorful boat shoes because all she brought were her work flats. Hair ties. Sunglasses - she now has nice pair but had to pay Disney prices. And our last trip? Razor, comb & brush and deodorant. Fortunately Mom had extra razor and deodorant.

I've made up my own version of the Owner's Box that is permanently packed with everything we need on a trip and just replenish the items. And it includes several roles of Charmin. Sure wish Disney would use the same TP in all the resorts, 'cause they aren't using premo in the Deluxes...

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

I forgot to pack a pair of flip flops for pool/water park use. I bought a real nice pair in the Bou-Tiki for about $25.00. My DW forgot to pack white athletic socks on our first trip many years ago, she purchased a package in WDW. They worn like iron now, she gets a package every trip.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

We've never forgotten to pack anything, or had it stuck in luggage limbo (thanks to the fact that we travel "carryon only," and my OCD packing lists -- I share @sophie_the_pooh's feelings on packing and planning!) but we've brought sunscreen and in our excitement over arriving at WDW, forgot to apply it. DH, who is of Scottish-Irish descent and thus very fair-skinned, turned into a red, peeling lobster within hours. I'd say sunscreen is our "absolute must-not-forget" item!

Ditto on the sunscreen! My daughter has extremely sensitive skin, and we've only found one type of sunscreen that doesn't make her break out into a rash. I left it in the room once, forgetting to apply it. We didn't have the option of buying another kind in the park for her. I will never forget that again!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Once - post 9-11 we were on the early bird flight out of STL and it was a multi-family trip and after we crossed two bridges (one MIssissippi River and one Missouri River) from Illinois to Missouri my darling husband discovered he forgot his billfold.(ID, cash, CC) Needless to say all heck broke loose in the suburban and we drove about 80 mph back home to grab billfold...only to arrive at home and discover house keys were inside too. So my mother had to rush over with spare house keys to let us in. Thankfully there was no traffic and TSA was moving fast. We had to run to the gate "Home Alone" style but we made it. lol. Needless to say...in my family my nephew still calls that "Cuss out Uncle Brian Day" because more than a few choice words were flying at 3:45 AM in a fully loaded Suburban.

Now it doesn't matter if we are going to the Zoo, the hockey game or WDW everyone asks him "got your billfold"

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Once - post 9-11 we were on the early bird flight out of STL and it was a multi-family trip and after we crossed two bridges (one MIssissippi River and one Missouri River) from Illinois to Missouri my darling husband discovered he forgot his billfold.(ID, cash, CC) Needless to say all heck broke loose in the suburban and we drove about 80 mph back home to grab billfold...only to arrive at home and discover house keys were inside too. So my mother had to rush over with spare house keys to let us in. Thankfully there was no traffic and TSA was moving fast. We had to run to the gate "Home Alone" style but we made it. lol. Needless to say...in my family my nephew still calls that "Cuss out Uncle Brian Day" because more than a few choice words were flying at 3:45 AM in a fully loaded Suburban.

Now it doesn't matter if we are going to the Zoo, the hockey game or WDW everyone asks him "got your billfold"

"and the keys!" Great story.

Upvote 0

BrianV

Not exactly the same, but I always REGRET not bringing my own pillows. I hate hotel pillows and wdw are no difference. But alas, I always forget. In March, I will remember!!!!

Upvote 0

missjennibabii

Allergy medicine! I went last summer and my allergies acted up so badly. I was staying at BC-CL and forgot my allergy medicine. I ended up going to POP to get some from my mom but she only was able to give me 3 pills. The fact I spend $11 on 5 allergy pills back at BC, I told myself never again.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom