The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DVCPluto

We were there from the 3rd through the 10th. Our experience was exactly the same as yours! The app was horrible! I used airtime more than Wi-Fi due to the speed issue for my normal surfing needs. The app speed was so bad, we printed out our itinerary from the website and just got all our ride and reservation times from that. I gave up trying to change or add fast passes. We just used what we had, or not.

I just got an online survey and spelled it all out for them. Including the fact that the survey took over an hour to do because their server is slower than a snail stuck on flypaper...

I'm sorry that you had the same experience. Isn't it terrible that they continuously say how flexible the whole thing is and then it's not flexible at all? DS has a tradition of watching the "Disney Must Do's" every night... "Changing FP+ is easy to do when you're on the go!" I didn't want to throw my shoe at the TV, nope, not me. :rolleyes:

A CM actually told me that he can see it being changed back to one FP at a time, but only through the app or a kiosk. MDE would end up being a really expensive way of changing from paper to digital. I can't imagine that ever really happening.

DVCPluto

Oh my, I meant no harm. I sowwy... :oops: ;)
They sure are cute, aren't they? And, just in case, here's a little "behind the scenes" on how that magic was created... :)

10ce81f0e6fb5bc0d2ad6fe319832037.jpg

NO WAY!! I would have just put gobs and gobs of icing on there! Super cool!

StarWarsGirl

I'm so glad you had a good experience like we did last January! We were there at the very end of the month, so double dipping was just about done. I found that the crowd levels were so low that it didn't really matter anyway. The big difference was the app was actually better then! That's what is really annoying.

DS really wanted to go on Splash, so we went on the last day (Friday). Well, we of course got the front row and got SOAKED. I mean, DH and I looked like we got out of a shower. DS (the little booger) ducked down and didn't get that wet at all. What you don't do for kids right? :confused: It was actually really fun and made us laugh harder than we had all trip. It was a great way to say good bye to MK! Well, that, and an ice cream sandwich "lunch" on main street. :) :hungry:
Haha, yeah, I refuse to do the front row on Splash ANY time of year. When it gets down in the 50s, though, they adjust the water level accordingly. :)

My parents went 10 days after I got back, and double dipping was pretty much done for them as well. We were there from January 3-11. The system went to FP+ only a few weeks after we got back. My parents weren't particularly happy with the system, though. In June and August, it combined with my brother's DAS worked just fine since we like to do the parks for a few hours in the evenings during the summer.

Out of curiosity, were you using an iPhone or an Android? For some reason, the app has always worked better on iOS devices. I know this because I have an iPod touch, and my mom and I both have Android phones. The app is way worse on Android than iOS.

donaldtoo

We are hardy. I can only remember my DH missing one day of work because of snow. When my DD was a Freshman in College we had that mega snow, so high that we couldn't get out the doors, Walt could wiggle out and through a valley of a drift and under the picnic table to do what dogs do out there. Last year though he got trapped at work.

Hahaaa...! I remember you postin' about him bein' trapped at work.
Although I like my job well enough, I'd much rather be trapped at home...! ;) :)

Cesar R M

Oh my gosh, this is hysterical. I just went online to calculate how much Duty we would have had to potentially pay, and son of a gun, they raised the exemption AGAIN.

We weren't (combined) $200 OVER, we were $600 UNDER!!
Hubby says it's probably just as well that I didn't know.
that happens only on holidays like christmas right?
They do the same in my country. They raise the exemptions in these dates..
Specially with people who are flying.

donaldtoo

\
I find Minnies experience more of what I've experienced up here in the winter. It generally doesn't get as hot up here as it does down there.

Now that thing about the car not starting....we have been having that issue with my Dads car and nobody can figure it out. Pondering now.

Yep, y'all have the cold to mess with batteries, and we have the heat.
Sounds like California is the place we outta' be...!!! :joyfull: :D

It would only happen when the car was up to operating temp and running for a while. If it was left to cool down for a while, no problem. But, if you went to start it again just a few minutes later, that's when the problem would occur.
The heat was radiating off the manifold and sinking into the starter, thus 'causing the resistance and making it drag. :)

donaldtoo

Thank you for all that information; interesting to learn things. :) Oh, we certainly don't replace a battery every year, though! :p It's more like every 4-5, just depending on various things. That's why I mostly stick with public transportation when I can. I far prefer others to take care of vehicles. Car mechanics are not my strong point! ;)

Oh, no, I wasn't suggesting that I thought y'all up there bought them that often. I was merely saying that if someone really wanted peace of mind, they could do that. :)
4-5 years is a good long time. I had one go out at 18 mos. It was 60 mo. battery that was prorated, so I got the replacement pretty cheap. Most seem to last us about 3-4 years.

donaldtoo

Another thing that worked for me when dieting, was to throw in the occasional big treat. The last time I dropped weight (took maybe 4 months to reach my goal) I had a hot fudge sundae maybe 3 times. It got the craving out of my system and actually helped me to stay on track. Sounds odd, I know, but that, and having a few small cookies or pieces of candy here and there, helped me to maintain my sanity. (Then again, that might be a stretch--assuming I was ever sane?! :eek: :hilarious: )

Oh yea, I did same. Gotta' have those treats to look forward to...! :hungry:

Farmhouse-Bacon-Cheeseburger.jpg

:joyfull: :D ;) :)

DVCPluto

Haha, yeah, I refuse to do the front row on Splash ANY time of year. When it gets down in the 50s, though, they adjust the water level accordingly. :)

My parents went 10 days after I got back, and double dipping was pretty much done for them as well. We were there from January 3-11. The system went to FP+ only a few weeks after we got back. My parents weren't particularly happy with the system, though. In June and August, it combined with my brother's DAS worked just fine since we like to do the parks for a few hours in the evenings during the summer.

Out of curiosity, were you using an iPhone or an Android? For some reason, the app has always worked better on iOS devices. I know this because I have an iPod touch, and my mom and I both have Android phones. The app is way worse on Android than iOS.

iPhone. Granted I have a 4s and need to upgrade. I don't think it should have been as awful as it was - other apps work just fine. It continues to boggle my mind how the tech side of "The Walt Disney Company" can be so disappointing.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
that happens only on holidays like christmas right?
They do the same in my country. They raise the exemptions in these dates..
Specially with people who are flying.
Nope, it's the new limit.
Apparently, they care less about regular Joes cross-border shopping, and are dedicating more resources to catching the drug and gun runners.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
iPhone. Granted I have a 4s and need to upgrade. I don't think it should have been as awful as it was - other apps work just fine. It continues to boggle my mind how the tech side of "The Walt Disney Company" can be so disappointing.
I have a brand new iPhone 6 Plus. The app stinks, and the wifi at MK is non-existant.
I learned very quickly to make all changes at the kiosk, lest I risk losing all other FP's for the day.

Hubby was most unimpressed with the MB's, the new FPP system, and the crowds - part of the reason we will be west-coast condo shopping rather than in Orlando-area. He has little interest in visiting the "new WDW" on a daily/weekly basis.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom