Sbandieratori Di Sansepolcro - Italy Flag Waving open at Epcot

NeedMoreMickey

Being a band geek/drum corp "silk" from way back, this holds some interest. This is, by far, more entertaining than that hot mess of a lumberjack show.

Congrats, TDO, you're 50% successful with the new entertainment. :rolleyes:
And my dad told me when I aged out of color guard it's over. Not like I could find a job where they pay you to throw flags. Well Dad was wrong.

Last edited:

doctornick

Glad this is an addition to Italy rather than replacing the mime.

To be fair, you could consider this a replacement for the Ziti Sisters (ended earlier in the year) in terms of total entertainment for Italy.

The pavilion that is down an act for the year is the US, so I'd like to see something replacing the drum and fife corp. Or, even better, having them just bring back the drum and fife corp.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
To be fair, you could consider this a replacement for the Ziti Sisters (ended earlier in the year) in terms of total entertainment for Italy.

The pavilion that is down an act for the year is the US, so I'd like to see something replacing the drum and fife corp. Or, even better, having them just bring back the drum and fife corp.
Maybe they'll just hire "Starship featuring Mickey Thomas" to play in the US pavilion. People seemed to be into them a few weeks ago, and I bet Disney can match pay with such esteemed places as Cactus Pete's Gala Showroom in Jackpot, NV.

Mike S

Forgot about them. Guess it is a replacement.

doctornick

Forgot about them. Guess it is a replacement.

That said, this (to me) looks more interesting and culturally significant than the Ziti Sisters. This is pretty unique and is the type of act that really fits into Epcot.

I'm happy to see it.

OK, now give me some Yosakoi in Japan.

Just looked it up and that seems like it would be a cool fit. Send the idea to Disney.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Maybe they'll just hire "Starship featuring Mickey Thomas" to play in the US pavilion. People seemed to be into them a few weeks ago, and I bet Disney can match pay with such esteemed places as Cactus Pete's Gala Showroom in Jackpot, NV.

I'm just shocked the showroom and the town and the gig aren't made up. Maybe we could watch Grace Slick paint in real time whilst Mickey and the gang perform.

JIMINYCR

Naaah... Watching guys twirl colored flags not going to interest me. Listening to the drum beats throughout to time the maneuvers are quite irritating too. Yup.. I'll pass this one by too.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I could have made something up, but it was too good not to use once I looked at their tour website and it's their next 2 gigs.

Reminds me of this -
"Marty: The last time Tap toured America, they where, uh, booked into 10,000 seat arenas, and 15,000 seat venues, and it seems that now, on their current tour they're being booked into 1,200 seat arenas, 1,500 seat arenas, and uh I was just wondering, does this mean uh...the popularity of the group is waning?

Ian: Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no...no, no, not at all. I, I, I just think that the.. uh.. their appeal is becoming more selective."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom