Survivor: San Juan Del Sur- Blood vs. Water II

PUSH

Finally caught up last night. Not only do I not have a favorite, there are too many players I just can't stand - for no real reason either. I cringe every time she talks and I really can't say why. Natalie, the pretty boys that think they are MUCH more attractive than they are, Wes - they just all annoy me. I'm hoping these people get more interesting.
Drew, Alec, and Wes all annoy me. They all think they're a huge deal.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
There are those I love to hate. And those I just want to go away. Rocker was the former. Baylor the latter. Kass from last season was the latter as well.
Oh, I loved Kass. I liked her from the start, and her demeanor always was entertaining. Really a one-of-a-kind character archetype. Trish was really the one I could not stand to have, while I was loving to hate Tony

PUSH

There are those I love to hate. And those I just want to go away. Rocker was the former. Baylor the latter. Kass from last season was the latter as well.
I hate Kass. Although if they did a Heroes vs Villians season again, I'd love to see Spencer on Heroes and Kass on Villians. Maybe even have Tony in again. As much as people didn't like him, he made for great TV. I actually kind of started to like him later on. I appreciate players who play hard. Kass made one move and thought she was queen.

PUSH

Oh, I loved Kass. I liked her from the start, and her demeanor always was entertaining. Really a one-of-a-kind character archetype. Trish was really the one I could not stand to have, while I was loving to hate Tony
Trish was just kind of there for me. The only part of her that made me entertained that season was her speech to Tony at final tribal.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Trish was just kind of there for me. The only part of her that made me entertained that season was her speech to Tony at final tribal.
That speech was one of my all-time favs. But Trish flipped out and got scary multiple times on Kass and Lindsey, and she was just...urgh....I just didn't like her at all

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Wow, tonight's the episode night already! I got get my snackies ready for roughly 2 and a half hours of survivor coverage! Excited for hopefully a fourth great episode, but I have a feeling Johnny Rock's blindside set the bar pretty high:D;)

SAV

Strategically, this has to be one of the dumbest set of Survivors yet. They all seem really dumb to the game. The guys on the blue tribe just let their emotions run away with them and don't come up with a consensus vote among themselves. Hell, half of them didn't even know who they were supposed to vote for. The girls, while not super strategically smart either, did see the guys were idiots and made the right choice of who to get rid of. Drew totally deserved it. The yellow did the emotional thing with Rocker and still wouldn't have won a challenge if Drew didn't throw it. There would have been plenty of time and everyone on the other tribe hated him, so it was just a matter of time before he got whacked anyway. Why not use that to strategically get rid of someone else instead?

Speaking of that...NEVER throw a challenge. Why would you want to take the chance to be voted out? Exhibit A - Drew.

Just keep winning(sung in a Dory voice) and deal with the people until you lose and have to go to tribal.

So I'm interested to see if we have a merge or just a shuffling of tribes? Either way, it should spice things up a bit.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Strategically, this has to be one of the dumbest set of Survivors yet. They all seem really dumb to the game. The guys on the blue tribe just let their emotions run away with them and don't come up with a consensus vote among themselves. Hell, half of them didn't even know who they were supposed to vote for. The girls, while not super strategically smart either, did see the guys were idiots and made the right choice of who to get rid of. Drew totally deserved it. The yellow did the emotional thing with Rocker and still wouldn't have won a challenge if Drew didn't throw it. There would have been plenty of time and everyone on the other tribe hated him, so it was just a matter of time before he got whacked anyway. Why not use that to strategically get rid of someone else instead?

Speaking of that...NEVER throw a challenge. Why would you want to take the chance to be voted out? Exhibit A - Drew.

Just keep winning(sung in a Dory voice) and deal with the people until you lose and have to go to tribal.

So I'm interested to see if we have a merge or just a shuffling of tribes? Either way, it should spice things up a bit.
Hoyanoahuh(I have no idea what the tribes are called:p) has just demonstrated some of the worst gameplay in the history of Survivor. Only Natalie, Kelly and Missy really didn't come off as though they suck at the game, and thats only because they did nothing big. A great episode for TV, but just not smart.

It has to be a tribe switch, because they wouldn't merge at 14. Plus, they did one at this point last season too.

RMichael21

Hoyanoahuh(I have no idea what the tribes are called:p) has just demonstrated some of the worst gameplay in the history of Survivor. Only Natalie, Kelly and Missy really didn't come off as though they suck at the game, and thats only because they did nothing big. A great episode for TV, but just not smart.

It has to be a tribe switch, because they wouldn't merge at 14. Plus, they did one at this point last season too.
Yep, last season when the brains tribe had lost 3 too many times, they did a tribe swap. So I wouldn't be surprised if one took place within the next few episodes.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Yep, last season when the brains tribe had lost 3 too many times, they did a tribe swap. So I wouldn't be surprised if one took place within the next few episodes.
They advirtised for something along the lines of Jeff saying "Drop your buffs!", and also saying that Jon may not get his revenge or whatever, so I think it is a tribe swap.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Also, I was just thinking that Jon had a very smart strategy that would have been a good idea, to take out Natalie or Julie. He said that when the merge comes, those without loved ones would be outnumbered by those with, based on last season, and that those with would be targeted. If Drew wasn't so stubborn maybe he would have gone with it.

Also, does anyone else feel Jeremy kind of got a poor representation tonight? Not that he deserved better, but all his confessionals he was angry and yelling, and just seemed ed the whole way through. I guess understandable, but still, not a pretty color.

PUSH

Also, I was just thinking that Jon had a very smart strategy that would have been a good idea, to take out Natalie or Julie. He said that when the merge comes, those without loved ones would be outnumbered by those with, based on last season, and that those with would be targeted. If Drew wasn't so stubborn maybe he would have gone with it.

Also, does anyone else feel Jeremy kind of got a poor representation tonight? Not that he deserved better, but all his confessionals he was angry and yelling, and just seemed ed the whole way through. I guess understandable, but still, not a pretty color.
He's been bitter since Val was voted off. I though he was going to be my favorite player, but he plays with too much emotion. I like the ones who play with strategy.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
He's been bitter since Val was voted off. I though he was going to be my favorite player, but he plays with too much emotion. I like the ones who play with strategy.
I agree! I thought initially that he was going to be a strategic player, but his insistence to get out Keith a non-threat was not good. (Not to mention spilling the beans to the tribe about everyone who you are aligned witho_O)

Keith I like. He didn't play the idol thing right initially though, because you have to figure that if you tell 6 people on a 9 person tribe that it will make its way to Jeremy.

But I do like how you always just see his "Keith face" where all the young people will be chatting and talking, and you'll see him just eyeing everyone, taking note. I hope to see some good strategy from him:D

I think Josh is the best strategic-player here, but we didn't see too much from him last night, so I dont know.

PUSH

I agree! I thought initially that he was going to be a strategic player, but his insistence to get out Keith a non-threat was not good. (Not to mention spilling the beans to the tribe about everyone who you are aligned witho_O)

Keith I like. He didn't play the idol thing right initially though, because you have to figure that if you tell 6 people on a 9 person tribe that it will make its way to Jeremy.

But I do like how you always just see his "Keith face" where all the young people will be chatting and talking, and you'll see him just eyeing everyone, taking note. I hope to see some good strategy from him:D

I think Josh is the best strategic-player here, but we didn't see too much from him last night, so I dont know.
Regardless of who's strategic and who's not, I don't think we're going to have another Boston Rob, Rob C, Rupert, or anyone who is regarded as a great Survivor. I'd love to be proved wrong, though.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Regardless of who's strategic and who's not, I don't think we're going to have another Boston Rob, Rob C, Rupert, or anyone who is regarded as a great Survivor. I'd love to be proved wrong, though.
Completely agree. They are rare, to find someone who is just like that.

PUSH

Completely agree. They are rare, to find someone who is just like that.
I'm a bit biased, because I absolutely loved him, but I think Spencer is the closest we've had to a great Survivor in the past few seasons. He'd be a dangerous player if he could actually get in the right tribe/alliance. If Kass wouldn't have flipped, he very well could have been the winner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom