Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Cmdr_Crimson

Alright Disney....If your Going this Direction to make New World Fantasyland Showcase....Let's start ruining it even more..

China: Mushu/Mulan Circle-vision for the history of China
Germany: Another Seven Dwarfs Mine Train...Just because Your Farking up the friggin place..
Italy: Pinocchio Pleasure Island Carnival for Italy...Just to tick guests off even further..
USA: American Adventure 2.0.....Now with classic Disney characters because the attention span of guests can't wait for it to end..
Japan: Big Hero 6 Fuji Mountain Coaster...Why? By god I don't even want to know..
Morrocco: Aladdin Mega Magic Carpet Ride...Because we want to off more guest with not one...Not two...But Three Spinners all based on the Carpet ride in MK!
France: Ratatatoulle Remy's Adventure Because there HAS to be something Pixar or guest are going to worry why we aren't seeing any Pixar characters in this park already *under breath* We have friggin Nemo enough!
England: Alice in Wonderland Ride.....Oh And to make it worse....It's Based on the Horrid Tim Burton Version...
Canada: O'Canada 3.0 Because we don't know how much Longer Martin Short will be Around we kicked him out and replaced them with Rutt & Turk from Brother Bear..Something for the Kiddie's to watch Canada's History...

In all Honesty folks........Here's my final thought on this...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Education in Epcot had a long and storied life, but today slipped away quietly after a long slow decline in health.

Education in Epcot was born in 1966 to Walt Disney, father of many mind boggling and forward thinking achievements. In it's youth, it's father dreamed of a Utopian city, melding some of industry's leaders together to create a new world for the future. Sadly, Education in Epcot's father passed away shortly after it's birth.

As Education in Epcot grew, it realized it's true calling, to bring out the best in human civilization by fostering excitement among people big and small, educating people from all walks of life about the technologies and dreams of the future, as well as exposing people to the global community that would need to come together to make these dreams come true.

During it's teenage years, Education in Epcot contracted a case of malaise brought on by poor decision making from it's new foster parents. Starting in 1994, it started losing some of it's most important fundamental beliefs. It started to lose it's energy and mobility in 1996, it's imagination in 1998, and by late 1999, all of it's dreams of the future crumbled away.

Education in Epcot still maintained a love for foreign travel though, and continued to enjoy life with it's love for cuisine and world music. These loves could only be sustained for so long though, and signs of it's death started cropping up in the past few years. It quietly passed away today, it's last heartbeat frozen in time. It's death was announced in a short statement on social media.

It is survived by it's half-sibling Corporate Greed.

Education in Epcot: 1966 - 2014. Rest in Peace.

Donations can be made in Education of Epcot's honor to local school systems and libraries.
The original romantic idea of Epcot is dead my friend. Like so many things that look great on paper it had the fatal flaw of not appealing to the vast unwashed masses making it unprofitable.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I guess EPCOT can't stay the same forever, much as I would like it to. I welcome our new faux-Scandanavian, ice queen overlords.
It is the wise person who makes the best of an unpleasant situation. I shall join you in welcoming them.

Unless the new ride sucks. In which case.....I will grumble and complain, but will be drowned out by the incessant squealing of children who love it.

Oriolesmagic

I generally agree with the skepticism on how good this attraction will be. My biggest concern is that it is incredibly short and I just don't see Disney doing what would be needed to make the ride length similar to something like POTC or HM.

That being said, Maelstrom by comparison to other Disney dark rides is really kind of crappy. It is 4-5 show scenes consisting of a couple of Rainforest Cafe quality AAs and an oil rig. That will not be hard to out do.

If you want to get brutally honest, Maelstrom's popularity is largely based on its lack of competition. If every country in Epcot had a similar length and quality dark ride I doubt nearly as many people would be broken up about the switch.

And that's a fair belief and thought. But I'm not sure that adding a ride by subtracting another does anything to help the "lack of competition". It just means that we could be saying the exact same thing about Frozen in 5 years.

ABQ

How does one email Staggs or can you even?
As was posted in the Epcot Entertainment Cuts thread:
Tom Staggs
Chariman of WDPR
818-560-6977
tom.staggs@disney.com

Meg Crofton
President WDPR Ops US and France
818-560-7401
meg.crofton@disney.com

George Kalogridis
President of WDW
407-828-2600
george.kalogridis@disney.com

Jim MacPhee
SVP of NGE and WDW Parks
407-560-2960
james.d.macphee@disney.com

Sam Lau
VP of Epcot
407-560-7025
samuel.w.lau@disney.com

Jack Feivou
GM of Epcot Entertainment Operations
407-560-6017
jack.feivou@disney.com

lazyboy97o

I think you misunderstood or something, so you would rather have arendelle than Norway? Whats wrong with the characters showcasing Norway in the way the tourism board is using them? who said anything about anna and elsa locked in a castle?
Anna and Elsa as characters have no connection to Norway. Might as well use the Mighty Ducks because they live in a cold place too. They're all lousy ideas and trying to pretend Norway is somehow still important is just a silly delusion.

And the film says Anna and Elsa were locked up in a castle.

The original romantic idea of Epcot is dead my friend. Like so many things that look great on paper it had the fatal flaw of not appealing to the vast unwashed masses making it unprofitable.
That is not true. Epcot does not perform as well as EPCOT Center did. The notion of the park being unprofitable is not true. The theme parks were what kept the Company profitable in the late-1970s and early-1980s, even with the massive expenses involved with the EPCOT Center.

aladdin2007

As was posted in the Epcot Entertainment Cuts thread:
Tom Staggs
Chariman of WDPR
818-560-6977
tom.staggs@disney.com

Meg Crofton
President WDPR Ops US and France
818-560-7401
meg.crofton@disney.com

George Kalogridis
President of WDW
407-828-2600
george.kalogridis@disney.com

Jim MacPhee
SVP of NGE and WDW Parks
407-560-2960
james.d.macphee@disney.com

Sam Lau
VP of Epcot
407-560-7025
samuel.w.lau@disney.com

Jack Feivou
GM of Epcot Entertainment Operations
407-560-6017
jack.feivou@disney.com

Thanks ABQ

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
And that's a fair belief and thought. But I'm not sure that adding a ride by subtracting another does anything to help the "lack of competition". It just means that we could be saying the exact same thing about Frozen in 5 years.
Pretty much correct. If anything it will shine a big gigantic spotlight on how many of the other pavilions lack entertainment in the the form of a ride/attraction.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto

Nothing will get me off this soap box! NOTHING!

soap-box_2_1363626750.jpg

;)

ryan1

Whether Maelstrom is a good ride or not, as many have discussed, is not the point of most of "our" displeasure with this news.

I think most of us welcome a Frozen ride and the characters but BUILD NEW and somewhere else. I have said elsewhere that the best place would be to build a completely new ride in MGM, I think redoing the animation area that is just a meet and greet area now unlike its early-mid 90's hayday, would be a great location for a Frozen area and ride. This would give MGM a shot in the arm and build off the presence that the Frozen Summer has established in that park.

Bring on Frozen but bring it somewhere else besides EPCOT.

I got to ride Maelstrom on Monday for the last time and I'm so happy I was able to do so.

aladdin2007

Anna and Elsa as characters have no connection to Norway. Might as well use the Mighty Ducks because they live in a cold place too. They're all lousy ideas and trying to pretend Norway is somehow still important is just a silly delusion.

And the film says Anna and Elsa were locked up in a castle.

That is not true. Epcot does not perform as well as EPCOT Center did. The notion of the park being unprofitable is not true. The theme parks were what kept the Company profitable in the late-1970s and early-1980s, even with the massive expenses involved with the EPCOT Center.

I take offense to that!!! And yes anna and elsa dont have a connection but if they are going to twist it and use them then it should be Norway themed at least, not arendelle theme. So what if the movie says they were locked in a castle, doesnt mean that has to be used in the ride.

mac_connell

Personally, I like the idea. Maelstrom today still has it's thrill but it's kind of bleh. It's overlooked and people walk right by it. This update will make Norway more updated (which I think a lot of the countries need). Hopefully they'll make it longer too.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Do they really censor negative feedback? I mean, I can understand if someone is belligerent or offensive...but just the simple disapproval of a product is deemed unworthy to them to be shared in the public eye?

That's absurd. Most companies want & WELCOME both positive & negative feedback.
They call it "moderating", but "censoring" is the right idea, as long as you don't subscribe to the narrow definition of censorship (which applies only to governmental actions).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom