Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

Wow, another member on my ignore list still has a problem with me. Astonishing.
You've been here a couple weeks now. I think it is time to get over yourself and stop making every thread here about you. It is irritating to those of us who have been here for years and even if I ignore you, the overall conversation is still derailed.

No one gives two schnitzels whether or not they are on your ignore list.

Last edited:

misterID

I didn't love it either.

What I'll miss is the principles that WS was built on. I'll miss visiting an honest to goodness real country. I'm not a 4 year old girl. I have no desire to visit Arrendale.
Walking past those empty show buildings, rideless countries, extremely dated films that are supposed to pass as attractions and considering the ride they did place in Norway, I think those priciples are really exaggerated. And don't get me wrong, I LOVE Epcot, I think it could be as good as Disney SEA, but they've never given WS the attention it deserves, or even close to what those principles are supposed to mean. "Boozefest and the attack of the uglies crowd" doesn't help either, and is pretty clear where the priorities are.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I wish Disney would just release some solid proof. This thread is almost 240 pages and we still only have speculations.
It's not Disney's fault this thread is 237 pages long. Are you also angry that it took Apple this long to announce iPhone 6 when they clearly have known they are making it for a long time?

It is a company's prerogative to announce new projects whenever it sees fit. It is the fanatic's prerogative to invest unhealthy obsession in a product (and its potential strengths and weaknesses) prior to a press release.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Walking past those empty show buildings, rideless countries, extremely dated films that are supposed to pass as attractions

Do you feel the same way when you walk past WoL building or the empty upstairs of Imagination? How about the Odyssey building? Any of these would have been perfect to ADD something to EPCOT rather than replace an existing attraction that actually fit in. I feel the same way at DHS but I would not want them to just throw in a "ride" to make it better, especially one that doesnt fit thematically. And why must the countries have rides to be appealing to some people.

'More rides!' isnt always the answer but if Disney gave a crap they would actually utilize one of the several empty buildings in EPCOT and actually ADD an attraction rather replace an existing one. I do agree that WS and EPCOT in general could use a little love, but what Disney is doing in Norway pavilion is not love, its a desperate attempt to drum up attendance in the cheapest way possible. Rip out Maelstrom and replace with something else, I dont care, but make sure its something that represents the country and is in line with what WS is supposed to be about, not a cartoon shoehorn so little princesses can scream in excitement at yet another lack luster offering from TDO that further enables them to continue their poor theme park management.

Mike S

Do you feel the same way when you walk past WoL building or the empty upstairs of Imagination? How about the Odyssey building? Any of these would have been perfect to ADD something to EPCOT rather than replace an existing attraction that actually fit in. I feel the same way at DHS but I would not want them to just throw in a "ride" to make it better, especially one that doesnt fit thematically. And why must the countries have rides to be appealing to some people.

'More rides!' isnt always the answer but if Disney gave a crap they would actually utilize one of the several empty buildings in EPCOT and actually ADD an attraction rather replace an existing one. I do agree that WS and EPCOT in general could use a little love, but what Disney is doing in Norway pavilion is not love, its a desperate attempt to drum up attendance in the cheapest way possible. Rip out Maelstrom and replace with something else, I dont care, but make sure its something that represents the country and is in line with what WS is supposed to be about, not a cartoon shoehorn so little princesses can scream in excitement at yet another lack luster offering from TDO that further enables them to continue their poor theme park management.
I agree but World Showcase should have more than just 2 rides. A log or raft ride in Canada, a Bullet Train or Mt. Fuji in Japan (or both) and a Gondola ride in Italy. It's actually pretty easy to think of the possibilities.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I agree but World Showcase should have more than just 2 rides. A log or raft ride in Canada, a Bullet Train or Mt. Fuji in Japan (or both) and a Gondola ride in Italy. It's actually pretty easy to think of the possibilities.
For sure, I would not complain if they did that. But I also would be fine if they added more cultural experiences as well. Lots of potential there, too bad its wasted on fools that would not know what quality theming is even if Walts floating head came to their office and explained it to them directly.

DoTheImpossible

For sure, I would not complain if they did that. But I also would be fine if they added more cultural experiences as well. Lots of potential there, too bad its wasted on fools that would not know what quality theming is even if Walts floating head came to their office and explained it to them directly.

I wouldn't bank on individual expansions in the WS. Beyond the probable Frozen re-imagining, which isn't truly an expansion, there have been marginal improvements since its creation. To get new rides in the WS, or immersive experiences, it'll have to be a project looking to expand all of the WS, a NFL level of investment. Frozen, or all of Arendelle depending on the rumor you believe, could be a catalyst for this new direction and expansion. Or, ya know, we'll just get a nice overlay and get bombarded with Ads about Pandora.

Goofnut1980

Canada could have a "cool-off" ride like Grizzly River Run but with logs like Splash but that could spin around like Kali River/Grizzly River... Epcot is a lot of WIDE open spaces and could use some good themed attractions... put everything behind the countries and extend them back... Would get more in the door and more spending the shops.

And if it's supposed to be a "worlds fair" fee, then add the London Eye similar to the Mickey Fun Wheel.

Bocabear

Madame Tussaud's old dsrk ride at the London attraction does a great job of telling a little English history, all shoehorned into a tiny space... I would think Disney could have added something beyond a pub and gift shop to represent the country and culture...Surely.
I am glad France at least got a movie.

Mike S

Madame Tussaud's old dsrk ride at the London attraction does a great job of telling a little English history, all shoehorned into a tiny space... I would think Disney could have added something beyond a pub and gift shop to represent the country and culture...Surely.
I am glad France at least got a movie.
I think a dark ride based on the legend of King Arthur could be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom