Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan1

Original Poster

My last ride on Maelstrom in case anyone wants to watch this ride thru from Monday. Forgive the amateur hour camera work in the beginning but I think I got everything covered.

Enjoy!

Captain Chaos

Can I petition Frozen to replace The Great Movie Ride instead?
You say that, but the funny thing is (and I am sure I wasn't alone in this), when Jim Hill mentioned GMR is going away during one of those recent podcasts, and that something cool was replacing it, and adding how the trackless tech from Ratatouille would be used in DHS, I thought right away:

Replace the Chinese Theater with the Ice Castle, use the trackless tech (I know, GMR is already trackless) from Ratatouille there, and make it a Frozen ride. Some will scream NO WAY, AN ICE CASTLE IS STUPID AT THE END OF HOLLYWOOD BLVD. But is it any more stupid than a castle at the end of Main Street?

lazyboy97o

You say that, but the funny thing is (and I am sure I wasn't alone in this), when Jim Hill mentioned GMR is going away during one of those recent podcasts, and that something cool was replacing it, and adding how the trackless tech from Ratatouille would be used in DHS, I thought right away:

Replace the Chinese Theater with the Ice Castle, use the trackless tech (I know, GMR is already trackless) from Ratatouille there, and make it a Frozen ride. Some will scream NO WAY, AN ICE CASTLE IS STUPID AT THE END OF HOLLYWOOD BLVD. But is it any more stupid than a castle at the end of Main Street?
The castle at the end of Main Street, USA works off of the traditional arrangement of an actual Main Street. A completely different looking ice castle would just be another Hat.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

funny you say that because I thought the same thing.... how cool would a large frozen attraction be inside an actual ice castle they could do some amazing things with in the dark as well with lighting, sparkling, glowing, etc. it would be huge... Maelstrom is just WAY too small for this... how can they not see that? If they don't buil a frozen-land, then do something big like you were saying

a different approach to the great movie ride would be to redo it with all Disney movies and especially include some scenes from movies not represented in the park already today... some of the great classics up to now lots of possibilities

Magenta Panther

The castle at the end of Main Street is symbolic; it represents Walt Disney's progression from small-town boy to a man who made his dreams come true. There's nothing "stupid" about it.

cw1982

I would argue that the castle at the end of Main Street works because the MK is a park with many diverse lands that are all connected by a fantastical castle. HS, for the most part, is less about fantasy and more about, as the current name suggests, Hollywood. If TDO is going to somehow keep the Hollywood theme alive even after changing the park's name and adding Star Wars, then an ice castle still seems out of place imo. If they are going to abandon the current attempted theming and make the park's areas less connected with a broader theme (or lack thereof), then the idea of an ice castle at HS will seem less absurd, particularly if they take the word "Hollywood" out of the name. Just my ramblings on the subject ;)

PlutoHasFleas

Christmas is about Frozen. Not an image promoting overeating (cookies at every house?) and obesity, aka Santa, or some magical little baby, aka Jesus.

I mean that Ice Queen story has got to be older than the fat man and the baby stories... Right?

People of today's society should 'Let it go' :cyclops:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Christmas is about Frozen. Not an image promoting overeating (cookies at every house?) and obesity, aka Santa, or some magical little baby, aka Jesus.

I mean that Ice Queen story has got to be older than the fat man and the baby stories... Right?

People of today's society should 'Let it go' :cyclops:
No, they're not....

And just who should let something go?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Yeah whats the deal, we had been having very nice and interesting conversations about all this, and then over the last few days several new members have come into here like a hurricane starting arguments right off the bat.
Its odd that "new" members come directly to a thread such as this one or a Spirit thread to jump into the debate with their strong stance on the issue. Almost as if they were told to come here and stir it up. Not all new members, just a few certain ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom