New after hours street party coming to this year's Epcot Food and Festival

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm seeing on another site that park admission required???

Epcot Food and Wine Late Nights LIVE
This new event is an after-hours party that will take place on Tuesday and Thursday nights. It will take place in the World Showcase between the Showcase Plaza and the United Kingdom Pavilion. Guests will receive six complimentary items from several of the Food and Wine Marketplaces. There will be entertainment, musical performances and a live DJ.

Where: Epcot World Showcase between the United Kingdom Pavilion and Showcase Plaza
When: Tuesdays and Thursdays, starting Sep. 23; 9:45 pm – 1 am
Price: $79 per person, plus tax. Gratuity included. Epcot park admission required.
Admission is not required. Only if you are planning on entering the park before 9:00pm.

Mike S

image.jpg

jakeman

so you get 6 food items that only cost 4 or 5 dollars each, what's the other $50 for, the DJ?
There are a couple of options that could play out. It could be unlimited portions, or drinks could also be available (although not mentioned in the blurb). Lastly, it could be the privilege of being in Epcot after hours with hopefully a limited crowd.

Do people understand if they stopped going to these special events Disney would stop offering them.

Disney will of course make a fortune off these.
People probably do understand that, but people are also enjoying them. So I'm not sure what the issue is.

note2001

I'm curious how this will work, After Illuminations we typically hang around the world showcase waiting for those bus stops to empty out. EPCOT has never shuffled us out at the end of the day, and I can't see them starting. Could they be referring to using the pavilion that's in behind the UK area?

NearTheEars

And since they started, have they stopped or slowed down? Or is it one after another after another ...

The sad thing is people are eating them up (again, I guess they feel special to be at an 'event') ...

I have absolutely no problem with these events since they have caused little to no inconvenience to the day guest.

After hours and Harambe sounded fun and had value IMO.

At $79, and with the info released here so far, I could not justify purchasing the tickets for this offer.

NearTheEars

People probably do understand that, but people are also enjoying them. So I'm not sure what the issue is.

Exactly my feeling on this. Aside from Harambe closing a little early, these events haven't been offered at the expense of the regular guest. And if they are doing well, then there was clearly an untapped market for them.

I don't consider events that fall outside regular hours a cash grab. They are completely optional.

The price of a Mickey bar, soda or a T-shirt, though ...... That's another story.

JohnD

There's also a F&W Premium Package for WDW Report Guests at $199. Included are:
  • In-room gift bag (bottle of wine, wine glass, truffles, premium package credential)
  • F&W Magic Band
  • $50 gift card
  • "Exclusive" premium package areas where "guests can order items from select marketplaces and have them delivered without waiting in lines" (i.e. special access to buy more stuff)
  • Admission to F&W Late Night Live, which we know is priced at $79
I might actually do this. Was likely going to purchase a gift card for around $50 anyway for the F&W booths. That and the $79 Late Night Event is $129 of the whole cost. That leaves $70 which would probably account for the wine, wine glass, truffles, and MB if purchased separately.

note2001

There's also a F&W Premium Package for WDW Report Guests at $199. Included are:
  • In-room gift bag (bottle of wine, wine glass, truffles, premium package credential)
  • F&W Magic Band
  • $50 gift card
  • "Exclusive" premium package areas where "guests can order items from select marketplaces and have them delivered without waiting in lines" (i.e. special access to buy more stuff)
  • Admission to F&W Late Night Live, which we know is priced at $79
I might actually do this. Was likely going to purchase a gift card for around $50 anyway for the F&W booths. That and the $79 Late Night Event is $129 of the whole cost. That leaves $70 which would probably account for the wine, wine glass, truffles, and MB if purchased separately.

That's odd. Why not just leave that $50 card out and charge $149?

disney4life2008

This is becoming silly now - why is there is a need for all of these premium additions? They are adding in added cost events yet the quality of everything else (that is included in our tickets) are being substantially reduced.

JohnD

That's odd. Why not just leave that $50 card out and charge $149?

True. You could charge it that way also. They probably included it because it is most often recommended to purchase a gift card for the F&W booths. 1) You budget your money and 2) it saves you time from fumbling around with cash or another credit card.

wdwfan4ver

This is becoming silly now - why is there is a need for all of these premium additions? They are adding in added cost events yet the quality of everything else (that is included in our tickets) are being substantially reduced.
Disney is seeing the premium additions as cheaper ways to make money than creating attractions do and as a way to increase the profit margin.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom