The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
How 'bout that, we agree on something. I posted earlier how much I hate that commercial. Does Disney really believe that's the way to reach kids? Kids probably hate it more than we do. , Disney Marketing Department, have a little respect for the legacy! :mad:
My daughter (9) was excited about NFL until she saw it.

She found out that Tangled was a restroom.
She found out that BaTB was a restaurant.
She did enjoy Little Mermaid though.

We spent a grand total (of 14 days at WDW) of an hour in NFL, at the most.

Yeah, I'd say marketing doesn't deliver. They got her excited, and the reality (sans Mine Train) disappointed her.

truecoat

I don't see what the fuss is all about, I can see one of his hands.

ricky 2.jpg

Cesar R M

In short... but this is America... land of the free and home to the easily offended...
I couldn't agree more. This was someone trolling for a reaction and Ricky bit. What he said was very harmless.

I think the bad point is; when men start to make excuses for harassment, rape and other abuse towards women as "men will be men".. pat their backs.. leave the poor woman destroyed.. and the culprit untouched like all this was normal.

I Still remember the case, where a group of famous student players violently abused a girl in a sexual way.
The news were all on "how these poor students lost their future", all while ignoring the abuse suffered by the girl.

Even the school started all "these poor boys made a mistake.. they are nice guys!".

If these guys are "nice guys", I cant imagine what is the standard to be a "bad guy" .

Last edited:

Cesar R M

it was originally introduced to protect US shipping companies, and because the Disney boats aren't registered in the US or US built, leaglly they are prohibted from this. That is why they have it as two seperate cruise instead of one round trip.

You cannot cruise out from a US (or selected foreign) port and back into it, without having made a call at a far foreign port

Essentially they would either have to add in a foreign stop (several extra days cruise) or pay a fine per passenger thus increasing the cost, Vancouver is not considered a foreign port because the original act was in part to save the Seattle to Alaska industry, so it is a far foreign port that must be visited

I would think though they could offer the two cruise together with an extra cost of $300 to pay the fine, but i am not aware if a cruise company would run into trouble if it were to get fined too many times

Essentially it is an out of date law, that is kept in place more for alines than for Shipping

so, time to visit Mexico as "foreign port" then back to Cali instead of vancouver?

Twitter is just an echo chamber. Great for getting news out then beating it to death.

Forums can also be used for enclosed echo chambers.. just saying.

Next Big Thing

He promised MULTIPLE rides among other attractions and they're going to look even more foolish, cheap and incompetent than they already do if they refuse to build a project up to par with those promises.
And whether anyone wants to admit it or not, this is going to be a much higher anticipated theme park opening for WDW than anything they've done this century. Everest was the only real big opening they've had and that didn't have a franchise attached to it. Avatar will be in between films 2 and 3 when the land opens. Lots of people who normally wouldn't be coming out to a WDW opening or reporting on one will be keeping tabs on this throughout the process as we've already seen as it's the highest grossing film of all-time.

If Disney screws up, people are going to know about it.

Mike S

Though, the "memories" commercials were epic, as pandering as they were, they hit me at just the right moment in life.

As was this one from last year.

Yep, commercials like that make me want to extend my credit limit. Not anything I've seen recently though.

The best ad I've seen was the one where a dad was with his son at Magic Kingdom and the dad became a kid again letting out his inner child. I just tried to find it on YouTube but everything I tried didn't work. It was so good though.

Magenta Panther

Why exactly?

Well, bottom line...it really ticks me off that TDO is spending big bucks on an attraction based on Cameron's dippy movie while Expedition Everest's yeti AA is still broken and TDO has made no effort to fix it, apparently because it thinks that, well, the stupid tourists mostly don't notice, so why bother?

That disgusts me no end. That is not the legendary Disney focus on quality and good show. It's a disgrace to Walt Disney's legacy. And I'm not going to support it. I won't step foot in AK again until the damn yeti is fixed. Period.

And frankly, AK is mostly just a zoo. I think it's pretty in places, but overall it's boring. Everest could have corrected that, and so could Beastly Kingdomme. If I wanted to see real animals, I could visit a good zoo, and be satisfied. AK is a squandered idea, and Cameron's dopey kitties are not going to help much. At least that's my take.

Mike S

Well, bottom line...it really ticks me off that TDO is spending big bucks on an attraction based on Cameron's dippy movie while Expedition Everest's yeti AA is still broken and TDO has made no effort to fix it, apparently because it thinks that, well, the stupid tourists mostly don't notice, so why bother?

That disgusts me no end. That is not the legendary Disney focus on quality and good show. It's a disgrace to Walt Disney's legacy. And I'm not going to support it. I won't step foot in AK again until the damn yeti is fixed. Period.

And frankly, AK is mostly just a zoo. I think it's pretty in places, but overall it's boring. Everest could have corrected that, and so could Beastly Kingdomme. If I wanted to see real animals, I could visit a good zoo, and be satisfied. AK is a squandered idea, and Cameron's dopey kitties are not going to help much. At least that's my take.
Well, look at it this way. If Avatar proves to be popular enough it could maybe take the heat off Everest long enough for them to go in and fix it. It's a long shot I know but it would be the perfect opportunity for them to do it.

NearTheEars

I like Dream Along With Mickey ... lol. It's basic but somewhat enjoyable. However, liking it or not, it's beyond time for a new castle stage show. Personally, I wouldn't mind not having a stage show.

I can't stand MiSiCi for some reason (probably because it's basically a lame DJ dance party with "floats" instead of just having a DJ with a table). It seems like a waste when that money could go elsewhere. Same for the castle stage show. Although I know better and that budget would simply be cut and not allocated elsewhere.

I've defended Movie it shake it a few times before. Kids seem to love it and they get to mingle with characters out in the street, something older WDW fans miss so dearly. I think it's a nice offering.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Forums can also be used for enclosed echo chambers.. just saying.

Except forum posters here do not get to control who gets to say what. Dissenting opinions are given equal footing to make their case to the common reader. Posters face each other and while they can chose to ignore people, they can not prevent others from being heard. It is an equal ground where you must face your detractors - you can't run from them.

But that is why these people have abandoned forums and flocked to twitter. Even though twitter was intended to be a fully public open medium - over time they have added tools to combat harassment. Tools, this group of Disney fans use to not combat harassment but instead shape the world as they want it to be seen.

They like twitter because they can be seen as public, and broadcast their views to everyone, yet still selectively decide what reality looks like. They use the tools designed to combat harassment, but instead use them to shape how they want their tweets to be seen and who they have to face.

On twitter, they mute to ensure dissent is not seen by them or in their twitter responses. They use mute or block as a way of trying to force the world to be as they want it to be. They get to selectively read and control the presentation. The result is a self-feeding cycle of only positive feedback and a view that everyone is as you do. It's a false world.

They strengthen their beliefs by surrounding themselves with like minded folks and collectively shun those that would oppose them. You might say some do the same here.. but it's not the same because the forum is neutral turf and the poster can not create the sole reality they want. Their threads and posts can not exist in isolation. Posts are taken in context along with the content provided by other members - you can't isolate yourself but instead must be able to face both positive and negative feedback. You'll find a common behavior in the Disney twittersphere which is retreating to twitter to talk about someone rather than facing that someone. They'll even do it in twitter by talking about other users without tagging them. It's that exact catty, yet unable to face people that helps fuel their juvenile behavior.

Most of the Disney twittersphere are no longer active on forums. I'd speculate it is because they can't control the content like they can in their twitter bubble.

Case in point.. look at these tweets
https://twitter.com/BrianPMiles/status/473586669967265792
@BrianPMiles
On social media you control who you interact with. You are given many tools to avoid interacting with people who aren’t your cup of tea.

https://twitter.com/Illusion0fLife/status/473692393774907393
@Illusion0fLife
Today has reinforced my belief that I'm following all the right people. You guys are awesome.

Last edited:

71jason

Agree 1000%. The joke was trivial and yet all the twitter gals acted like he called for all women to be declared personal property or something. Nevermind the countless times they or their circle of fluffer friends have said far cruder and hurtful things about Ricky. It's high school drama played by overly sensitive disconnected individuals.

You make enemies, people look for the smallest thing to jump on you for. Look at presidential campaigns. Or, for that matter, look at a number of posts directed @WDW1974 or @PhotoDave219.

That said, as the old expression goes, couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

PeterAlt

No plans for us whatsoever.

Mermaid looks so MUCH better at DCA with more fake fish added, a few props and blacklighting the Under The Sea room. How this wasn't done to begin with sorta boggles the mind again about the alleged talent that works for WDI. Now, they need (and plan to) rework the ending.

Oh, and WDW will get these fixes as well. But Phil will likely put them off as long as possible because while DL can operate with three E-Tickets and a C-Ticket down (and with a few E-Tix going down briefly during the day too!), MK simply is so low capacity that closing one urinal and popcorn cart can send the place careening toward hell.
What's the plan for WDW's version of BTMRR? Are we getting the new ending that DL just got?

PhotoDave219

You make enemies, people look for the smallest thing to jump on you for. Look at presidential campaigns. Or, for that matter, look at a number of posts directed @WDW1974 or @PhotoDave219.

That said, as the old expression goes, couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Well, Thats because I speak my mind and I'm very terse about it.

Maybe I should stop trying to make my points with a nuke....

hpyhnt 1000

I've defended Movie it shake it a few times before. Kids seem to love it and they get to mingle with characters out in the street, something older WDW fans miss so dearly. I think it's a nice offering.

Apart from the fact that its the floats and music are from a marketing promo from 6 years ago, I think I'd like MiSiCi more if they would turn the speakers down a notch (or 12) and get rid of the obnoxious DJ guy. Really can't stand his constant shouting throughout the show.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You make enemies, people look for the smallest thing to jump on you for.

I think that is what fueled the original thing.. but the followup by the females.. I think they really felt what they were arguing was legit. And that just blows my mind they are that freaking sensitive. Well.. I shouldn't be surprised given the other tweets, but blows my mind these people somehow function in the open world.

Then follow ups calling for people to unfollow InsidetheMagic... especially the ones coming from competing podcasters were even more hysterical to read.

I think a good portion of that community is jealous of InsideTheMagic.

71jason

I think a good portion of that community is jealous of InsideTheMagic.

Possible. But the power couple that runs it has seemingly gone out of their way to people off, too. Act like a high school bully, everyone wants to see you get your comeuppance. Had it been a more genial Tweeter, I imagine it would have been less of an uproar.

And to be honest, the fact a married, childless man in his late 20s jumped through hoops to get his picture with the Frozen sisters by himself ... kind of creepy all on its own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom