Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldtoo

These are the American version of the Oilers. Granted, they went extinct a while ago and turned into the Titans, but still.

AAHG072_16x20-PassingActionWarren-Moon-Posters.jpg

Oh my! Missed this one earlier.
I really miss the old Houston Oilers... :(
Bum Phillips, Earl Campbell, Billy "White Shoes" Johnson...!!!!! :joyfull:

Goofyernmost

What attracts me to WDW is diversification among its attractions. Sure, screen technology is more current and cutting edge, and there's definitely a place for that. However, the audio-animatronics are special and unique, and lend themselves better to certain, classic attractions.

I would hope that there will be a "balance" of both approaches maintained.
I totally agree with what you are saying, however, to constantly be bombarded by some that think it is a crime against nature is just not being very realistic. When animatronics first were introduced they were jaw dropping. No one had ever seen such a thing. But, that was then and this is now. I'm sure that for at least our life times (well, mine at least) they will still be there. The realness of some of them, like Captain Jack in Pirates is another jaw drop in my mind, but, the projection in Jacks other show in DHS, is equally jaw dropping in it's reality look.

I usually refrain from thinking about how Walt would have reacted and with some degree of confidence, I think he would have embraced it and unless he could build an animatronic that was absolutely life like, would have let that be part of the past while he looked ahead to the future.

NYwdwfan

I totally agree with what you are saying, however, to constantly be bombarded by some that think it is a crime against nature is just not being very realistic. When animatronics first were introduced they were jaw dropping. No one had ever seen such a thing. But, that was then and this is now. I'm sure that for at least our life times (well, mine at least) they will still be there. The realness of some of them, like Captain Jack in Pirates is another jaw drop in my mind, but, the projection in Jacks other show in DHS, is equally jaw dropping in it's reality look.

I usually refrain from thinking about how Walt would have reacted and with some degree of confidence, I think he would have embraced it and unless he could build an animatronic that was absolutely life like, would have let that be part of the past while he looked ahead to the future.

The DHS projection is one of the most realistic things I've ever seen. It's mesmerizing.

PUSH

Original Poster
Thursday night games look really strong on paper. Haven't seen the other primetime games yet. The NFL network has so much stuff to look at on the screen right now I can't focus on anything!
The Packers are in 5 primetime games, including the season opener vs Seattle, Thursday in week 5 vs Minnesota, @ New Orleans week 8, vs Chicago week 10, and Monday night vs Atlanta week 14. Although all Sunday night games starting week 5 have the potential to be flexed this season. Between weeks 5 and 10, they can flex up to 2 games. After week 10 they can flex whatever like they normally can.

Goofyernmost

The DHS projection is one of the most realistic things I've ever seen. It's mesmerizing.
I hate to bring up the evil word Universal, but the best one I have ever seen is in the "Disaster" attraction. I must have caught a million flies in my mouth when I watched the preshow. There was a mix of live actors and projection. It was so finely choreographed that it was seamless and it was nearly impossible to not think every one on the stage was a live actor. The star of the show (can't remember his name now) was just a projection. It had to be seen to be appreciated.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
So tired, I can barely keep my eyes open.
Too early for bed. (Plus I still have to drive Son #2's girlfriend home.)
Too late for a nap.
What to do?

Maybe I'll do what my dad used to call "just resting my eyes".
Boy, I miss my dad.

donaldtoo

Poland knows how these things usually go down for them and want to be ready this time.

Yep. I'm not of Polish decent, but, I have many relatives that are. That country has had more than it's share of "jackedupness" over the centuries. Some crazy history, there. Heck, from 1795-1918 it didn't even show up on European maps because of territory being sliced up and divided between 3 other neighboring powers.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
At some point in time we will all have to accept that this is the current technology. The animatronic era has passed. One of the first projection attractions I saw was Spiderman in Uni. and I have to say it blew me away, much more then a robot would have. Robots are so last week! :)

I accept it is current technology, I am just not impressed with Disney's ability to Wow me with their version of it yet.
FLE is not absent of animatronics so the era has hardly passed. In Under the sea there is an entire room of animatronics that are far more vivid than the projections in the same attraction. Disney has had their operational problems with some of the animatronics in this attraction but 3D animatronics more vivid and charming than a projection.

What attracts me to WDW is diversification among its attractions. Sure, screen technology is more current and cutting edge, and there's definitely a place for that. However, the audio-animatronics are special and unique, and lend themselves better to certain, classic attractions.

I am waiting on Dwarf. With the tidbits they have released it is hard to judge if the inside will lend itself well to projection or not.

I've been on Test Track when the new tech failed and there is vast nothingness. At least when the animatronics fail like in Splash the figures are still there to tell the story to a lesser degree. All but one time on my last trip the Hitch Hiking projections in the Buggy on Haunted Mansion failed at the end of the ride. It isn't even news any more, they are broken more than they operate. I hope the reliability of the projections on Dwarf operate better. Uni has had success with it hopefully Disney will.

StarWarsGirl

I've been on Test Track when the new tech failed and there is vast nothingness. At least when the animatronics fail like in Splash the figures are still there to tell the story to a lesser degree. All but one time on my last trip the Hitch Hiking projections in the Buggy on Haunted Mansion failed at the end of the ride. It isn't even news any more, they are broken more than they operate. I hope the reliability of the projections on Dwarf operate better. Uni has had success with it hopefully Disney will.
That's odd about the hitchhiking buggy. I've only ever had it fail once.

Buzz now...needs work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom