Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

aladdin2007

What CDs are do they actually still sell at WDW? I'm looking to pick some up on my next trip and want to know what could be available.

Official WDW Album, Wishes, MSEP, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion (though its sometimes out), Festival of the Lion King, MK Event Party Music (when its available), Epcot Illuminations, Magic in the Streets, Animal Kingdom music. Along with some various movie soundtracks etc.

djlaosc

Official WDW Album, Wishes, MSEP, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion (though its sometimes out), Festival of the Lion King, MK Event Party Music (when its available), Epcot Illuminations, Magic in the Streets, Animal Kingdom music. Along with some various movie soundtracks etc.

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Can I ask what is on the MK Event Party Music CD? Are they the Holiday Wishes and the Hallowishes CDs?

Clamman73

More people? As in reaching capacity? MK shouldn't reach capacity during off holiday periods.

As for mass exits after parades, That's nothing new when it's starts from splash. Been that way for years no matter what parade the only time it doesn't is when MISICI is done.

I thought I read on here that FOF can only start from splash,like MSEP in TS. I wonder if there were mass exits after MSEP in DL when it had to go both ways. I believe the first one of the night started at Small world before Fantasy In The Sky.

Right...they shouldn't be reaching a capacity at this time of year that rivals at capacity crowds...was just responding to a fellow member that mentioned it was like total mayhem like it was a capacity reaching crowd level.

Probably a first week of a fire breathing dragon parade going down Main Street type of crowd for now.

aladdin2007

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Can I ask what is on the MK Event Party Music CD? Are they the Holiday Wishes and the Hallowishes CDs?

Holiday Wishes is a seperate cd but didn't see that one available this week, it was last week. Some of the halloween music like the boo to you etc is on the MK Event Party Music cd I believe.

wogwog

I'd be curious to see if wait times on attractions have changed since this parade started. I wonder if it's more people let into the park, or more people are not on rides at 3:00pm???
More people on the parade route for the new shiny parade. Next week will be even worse. Bigger incoming spring break crowd expected according to OIA. Anytime any parade comes from Frontierland the exit crowd is a problem. That is why common sense runs it from Town Square. Maybe after a bit and routine settles in entertainment or whoever makes that decision will find their common sense again. The parade coming from Frontierland is like a clogged drain blocking people from exiting. Plus this parade is longer in time than CADCT and does not allow crossings during the parade like MSEP does making the exit even more delayed and concentrated. Pretty much running the absolute worst way to cause the biggest crowd exit problem possible.

Crazydisneyfanluke

More people on the parade route for the new shiny parade. Next week will be even worse. Bigger incoming spring break crowd expected according to OIA. Anytime any parade comes from Frontierland the exit crowd is a problem. That is why common sense runs it from Town Square. Maybe after a bit and routine settles in entertainment or whoever makes that decision will find their common sense again. The parade coming from Frontierland is like a clogged drain blocking people from exiting. Plus this parade is longer in time than CADCT and does not allow crossings during the parade like MSEP does making the exit even more delayed and concentrated. Pretty much running the absolute worst way to cause the biggest crowd exit problem possible.
If they were to increase amount of space between each float, and allowed people to cross between floats, like DL, then i think it would reduce some of the exiting crowds. It would also make the parade feel not so cramp.

wogwog

If they were to increase amount of space between each float, and allowed people to cross between floats, like DL, then i think it would reduce some of the exiting crowds. It would also make the parade feel not so cramp.
Absolutely. An acquaintance at Mk said it was not possible yet for technical reasons. Evidently they are using a new high tech (at least for Disney) sound system that they were having issues keeping in sync if the parade did not proceed at a set pace. I know zero about how this is done. Just passing on a comment from a friend working there. He said they were hoping to allow crossing guests like the night parade eventually.

Last edited:

Bolt

Main street, the hub, the castle, and the entry ways into Tomorrowland and Fantasyland were at a complete gridlock standstill yesterday after the parade. I have never been so terrified and will never get in the middle of that cattle herding again. Total mayhem. Ive seen that at night but never in the day time. I'm starting to think they are letting more people into the park than they were originally meant to. Just an observation.
Attendance wasn't that high yesterday. Crowds must just drift to the parade now because it's new, on top of the times guide and on the cover of the map.

Disney Analyst

The parade always starts at Frontier land. The day parade that is. It will only do a reverse start if they think there is rain I believe... I'm trying to remember the rules from this summer while I was there. It did a reverse start now and again.

wogwog

The parade always starts at Frontier land. The day parade that is. It will only do a reverse start if they think there is rain I believe... I'm trying to remember the rules from this summer while I was there. It did a reverse start now and again.
No, the other way around. For years the normal route has been Town Square to Splash and reverse only if rain was probable or an official photo shoot needed the view of the castle. Town Square to Splash is a lot better for guest flow.

jrh1985

No, the other way around. For years the normal route has been Town Square to Splash and reverse only if rain was probable or an official photo shoot needed the view of the castle. Town Square to Splash is a lot better for guest flow.
What don't get is I think from day one till Mickey Mania it started at TS. Then when Mickey Mania came it started at Splash. Why the change to start from Splash in the first place, then to go back to TS wtih CADCT at Easter 2009 and now FOF at Splash again?

wogwog

What don't get is I think from day one till Mickey Mania it started at TS. Then when Mickey Mania came it started at Splash. Why the change to start from Splash in the first place, then to go back to TS wtih CADCT at Easter 2009 and now FOF at Splash again?
Crowd flow is a whole lot smoother with the Splash step off. Entertainment gets uppity every now and then and starts it at Splash for a bit until common sense returns to operations.

MonorailOne

In recent history, the parades have started from Main Street to facilitate backstage traffic during step-off. However, due to the height, length, and weight of the new units, a Main Street step-off is currently off the table.

The units are much easier to step down behind main street rather than behind Frontierland, and in the event of rain or inclement weather close to show-time, the units can remain in Parade Central for pre-show until the decision is made to either step-off or cancel. (The new units are way expensive and a lot of their elements would not take kindly to the rain unlike previous units -- CDCT had virtually no animation on their floats and could get wet with minimal impact).

MonorailOne

And I apologize for coming back at you rather harsh…

I'm not bashing things Persay… I just told Disney to the standards they used to hold themselves to. If this parade was six months old or a-year-old, I would expect things not be working 100%. But four days in? So frustrating.

I find this to be a little uneducated. You don't work in theater or live entertainment, else you'd understand how this statement is not only ridiculous, but offensive.

Technologies like close-proximity flame effects have a lot of hoops to go through. Everything from Safety Committees, to (government employed) Fire Marshals can take an effect out of show for various reasons until they are satisfied with the end result.

If you payed any attention, you'd realize that this parade uses a new method of float tracking that negates the need for "Bed-Loops" such as the one in Disney's Electrical Parade. The parade communicates in real time utilizing data from GPS, NFC, and a host of other technologies to recognize where it is. It relays this information to a server which adjusts the area music (not just the music on the parade units) to the correct track. This has never been done before. By anyone.

When the iPhone debuted in 2007, it had a host of problems. When the iOS 7 update was released, it had a host of problems. Technical glitches are common amongst new, groundbreaking technologies.

If you're going to "hold Disney to the standards they used to hold themselves to" then you should understand that Disney no longer aims for the same standards. Lawsuits, new technologies, increased capacity all play a part in why Disney makes the decisions it does (mainly lawsuits and liability).

This new parade is phenomenal, regardless of the technical glitches it has in it's opening week. I honestly can't think of any broadway production I've been a part of that had a flawless first week.

Nubs70

I find this to be a little uneducated. You don't work in theater or live entertainment, else you'd understand how this statement is not only ridiculous, but offensive.

Technologies like close-proximity flame effects have a lot of hoops to go through. Everything from Safety Committees, to (government employed) Fire Marshals can take an effect out of show for various reasons until they are satisfied with the end result.

If you payed any attention, you'd realize that this parade uses a new method of float tracking that negates the need for "Bed-Loops" such as the one in Disney's Electrical Parade. The parade communicates in real time utilizing data from GPS, NFC, and a host of other technologies to recognize where it is. It relays this information to a server which adjusts the area music (not just the music on the parade units) to the correct track. This has never been done before. By anyone.

When the iPhone debuted in 2007, it had a host of problems. When the iOS 7 update was released, it had a host of problems. Technical glitches are common amongst new, groundbreaking technologies.

If you're going to "hold Disney to the standards they used to hold themselves to" then you should understand that Disney no longer aims for the same standards. Lawsuits, new technologies, increased capacity all play a part in why Disney makes the decisions it does (mainly lawsuits and liability).

This new parade is phenomenal, regardless of the technical glitches it has in it's opening week. I honestly can't think of any broadway production I've been a part of that had a flawless first week.
This is why you test during the overnight. Obviously, there was a lack of planning and execution prior to the unveiling. Kind of the typical sop these days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom