Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
image.jpg
GAH Guys stop speculating and giving me anxiety lol Honestly though they seriously could ruin whatever aesthetic beauty is left here if they wanted to which is what worries me. I shall contribute positive speculation perhaps they are getting ready to install fountains for a new nighttime spectacular! (Yeah right :arghh:)

I remember this back from 2010, that is all I have any knowledge of. It COULD be just a refurbishment, they have done this before and by the photo's posted it gets pretty narly down there. We've all seen the photo's of Rivers of America with Liberty Belle gone along with water during a rehab. Cars and trucks parked where water should be.

Now if I let my imagine run wild, based on Disney's desire to create more concrete, remove trees and basically remove all forms of vegetation from the hub and Main Street, most can't totally or 100% rule out Disney radically altering coveted areas in their parks let alone a moat. Yeah, if it needed major infrastructure updates, I could see Disney saying, Meh, fill her in. Iger would find some way to say it is being done to make the park "green."

There has been speculation over the last few years about JC being altered, removed along with an attraction being squished in between JC and Pirates. I remember the altered JC attraction speculation having something to do with portion of the moat that extends down that way. That whole segment of the moat has not had a real purpose since the boats to nowhere stopped floating down the channel. If Disney was to do something with that section of the moat in the future they would have to drain the entire moat to alter the infrastructure. And they are making major sidewalk adjustments on the one side of the moat that is close to Adventureland.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
There will be mess, yes, but hopefully even TDO can fast track this long planned project given its location.

A quick cleaning I'd understand. But if a long term refurb has been in the works for a while I question Disney's timing. Launch a new parade with a major refurb in the immediate background and media galore coming for Dwarf or so they say? Then again much doesn't make sense these days. Maybe the sludge will just be removed from the bottom, a fresh coat of paint and done. Maybe?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I don't think they said "ever", its probably just for now.

Yes exactly, I think he got the story wrong from his friend.

I heard that the castle was going away since it can be photo shopped in the background. What most people don't know is that MM+ is the first step in moving towards a "virtual vacation". You'll be able to visit WDW from the comfort of your own home for only 6 grand a week (8 or 9 grand if you're living in a deluxe house).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I heard that the castle was going away since it can be photo shopped in the background. What most people don't know is that MM+ is the first step in moving towards a "virtual vacation". You'll be able to visit WDW from the comfort of your own home for only 6 grand a week (8 or 9 grand if you're living in a deluxe house).

No, the castle is being moved to the other end of Main Street:

castle.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom