Annual Passholder Parking Issues

JimboJones123

It is highly amusing (and pathetic) that annual passes (the most expensive tickets Disney sells besides the Premiere Pass) have the bearer's name written on them WITH A SHARPIE.

When I used to live in NJ, even the local Six Flags had our names printed on the pass.
When I had a Six Flags Over Texas AP in the 1988, it had names and pictures printed. This isn't new technology.

The Visionary Soul

All of you who want a card that says "Annual Passholder" with your name printed on it are missing the point completely. You can have a card, and your card can say Disney and have your name on it, and you keep that card for life. But that is ALL it should have. No mention of AP, WDW, Passholder, Resort Guest, etc. Why? Because that is how the new system was designed to work. I'm not saying Disney is implementing the system like that, (and because they aren't, it's causing a host of problems.) but they should be, because that was the entire philosophy behind MyMagic+.

JimboJones123

All of you who want a card that says "Annual Passholder" with your name printed on it are missing the point completely. You can have a card, and your card can say Disney and have your name on it, and you keep that card for life. But that is ALL it should have. No mention of AP, WDW, Passholder, Resort Guest, etc. Why? Because that is how the new system was designed to work. I'm not saying Disney is implementing the system like that, (and because they aren't, it's causing a host of problems.) but they should be, because that was the entire philosophy behind MyMagic+.
Yes, the entire philosophy of unnecessary scans with incorrect information pulled that bogs down the whole system. Perfection. Well, as long as Disney is in charge, I fear no rise of the machines.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Dear Disney,

Is this AP parking crack down really worth it? How many AP holders actually cheat the system daily? Is it worth the lane back-ups and anger you are creating with the inquisitions? Will you suspend your crack down until your computer system works so you are not harassing AP holders that are not breaking the free parking commandments?

Signed,
Guests that pay dearly for our APs
and just want to park our cars.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

That would just slow the system down further. Having to stop and scan every piece of ticket media at the parking gate would take eons. Imagine the guests that don't have an AP but just assume it means free parking...they'll want to argue with the CM about it, backing the line up further.

Right now the colored band at the bottom of tickets (with orange denoting free parking) is quite efficient when you just have to wave the AP or match it up with a photo ID. The problems are occurring when the "Jims" of the world are working to try and uncover parking scams, the magnitude of which have been greatly blown out of proportion.

I can only imagine the disasters that will ensue when they give everyone, even AP-ers not staying at a resort, magic bands. Imagine when every car has to touch Mickey to Mickey at the parking gate...the person with the AP is sitting in the back of the suburban...band has to be passed up through the suburban...it turns blue because they only have the seasonal AP...passholder in the back doesn't understand...starts yelling questions...line keeps getting backed up. Or what about the idiot guests (and you know this will happen) who don't want to take their magic band off to get scanned and who will try and exit their vehicle to scan in?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
There is no way to verify anything with RFID media unless it is scanned. What it might say on the media is irrelevant.

But when it is scanned by parking and it says one thing and scanned by guest relations and says something different, the two Disney systems having different information, that is a relevant flaw.

GymLeaderPhil

But when it is scanned by parking and it says one thing and scanned by guest relations and says something different, the two Disney systems having different information, that is a relevant flaw.
They are the same system. Different access, different functions, but they pull up the same demographic information

GymLeaderPhil

Not so much. Did you read the posts form yesterday? The conflicting information?
Annual Passes are sold/activated from a program that OmniTicket developed. Auto Plaza also utilizes the same system. There's a multitude of reasons why there could be a discrepancy, mostly MyMagic+ induced:

-Guest linked their ticket to the incorrect person on MyDisneyExperience, changing ownership/demographics on their ticket.
-Guest has multiple ticket entitlements on their media. The RFID chip pulls up one ticket and the magnetic stripe typically will pull up the other one.
-Cast Member associated the wrong ticket to the wrong person when activating.
-Auto Plaza Cast Member error, either the operator or their device.
-The ticket entitlement was marked as lost, stolen, or damaged, disabling it.
-The RF chip or the magnetic stripe is damaged and cannot be read.

Last edited:

The Visionary Soul

Right now the colored band at the bottom of tickets (with orange denoting free parking) is quite efficient when you just have to wave the AP or match it up with a photo ID.
The colored band means nothing, and should have never ever been printed on that card. It does not actually prove the pass is valid at all. It simply says that there once may have been an AP associated with that card.

rangerbob

It seems to be flawed beyond repair. I had the problem before the mickey band. I had my AP confiscated by parking since the DOB was wrong on their system and when I got my replacement ticket at Guest services it has the correct DOB. To me it looks like the 2 systems aren't linked or not correctly.

donsullivan

Premium Member
When I had a Six Flags Over Texas AP in the 1988, it had names and pictures printed. This isn't new technology.

Disney used to have your photo on Annual Passes many years ago as well so it's not new to them either. I don't remember exactly when it went away but I remember having to go into the area that is now the exit from Mickey M&G in Town Square to get my photo taken for my AP a number of times.

The Visionary Soul

Disney used to have your photo on Annual Passes many years ago as well so it's not new to them either. I don't remember exactly when it went away but I remember having to go into the area that is now the exit from Mickey M&G in Town Square to get my photo taken for my AP a number of times.
That wouldn't help anything except prove that the card you're holding is your own. With the new system, the only way to see if it has an Annual Pass linked to it is to scan it.

donsullivan

Premium Member
That wouldn't help anything except prove that the card you're holding is your own. With the new system, the only way to see if it has an Annual Pass linked to it is to scan it.

While I acknowledge my condition is a minimal one I have a Premier Passport which is by default an Annual Pass and looks completely different than other types of AP's and I still have to randomly deal with this silliness. At Disneyland they have my photo recorded and I never have to deal with this silliness any more.

The Visionary Soul

While I acknowledge my condition is a minimal one I have a Premier Passport which is by default an Annual Pass and looks completely different than other types of AP's and I still have to randomly deal with this silliness. At Disneyland they have my photo recorded and I never have to deal with this silliness any more.
At WDW, your "Premier Passport" is virtual and can be attached to any number of cards you like. The physical card you hold in your hand is now just a piece of plastic with your name on it.

donsullivan

Premium Member
At WDW, your "Premier Passport" is virtual and can be attached to any number of cards you like. The physical card you hold in your hand is now just a piece of plastic with your name on it.

Not sure what that means, but okay.

The physical media I have (never had any other media) has completely different artwork than normal ticket media and is quite obviously an Annual Pass and has my name and the expiration date printed on the back of it.

The Visionary Soul

Not sure what that means, but okay.

The physical media I have (never had any other media) has completely different artwork than normal ticket media and is quite obviously an Annual Pass and has my name and the expiration date printed on the back of it.
I'm going to have to create a brand new topic to really explain how the new system works. Bottom line is this: No matter what it actually says on your card, it is completely irrelevant. All that matters now is the scan and the data that shows up on someone's screen. Your card could say that it's an AP, but it may not be, for a variety of reasons, which I will go into if I make a new topic to explain it. Conversely, you could show what appears to be an expired key to the world card, and that could have a valid AP attached to it. There is no way of knowing what is on the account until it is scanned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom