Annual Passholder Parking Issues

disgirl67

I was asked to show mine and have been doing so for at least 3 weeks, I just show my ID and card automatically now - per Guest Services too many people were using a friends pass to get free parking. This was my reply - I spend a fortune in the parks or at least I used to. I pay a lot for the pass - if I let my friend use it for the weekend they came down then I don't really care because they are still paying for their tickets etc. Disney, along with Universal is doing a great job in shutting the discount ticket scammers on 192, but they can't get them all, so hence they need to recoup the remaining lost funds somehow.

photoflight

FWIW this week I've been to Mk and DHS... at MK they scanned my AP but didn't ask for anything else. At DHS they waved me through, I didn't even stop.

asianway

While I acknowledge my condition is a minimal one I have a Premier Passport which is by default an Annual Pass and looks completely different than other types of AP's and I still have to randomly deal with this silliness. At Disneyland they have my photo recorded and I never have to deal with this silliness any more.
Was it issued at DL or WDW? I'm hearing the WDW issued passes are not working at DL

COProgressFan

I'm going to have to create a brand new topic to really explain how the new system works. Bottom line is this: No matter what it actually says on your card, it is completely irrelevant. All that matters now is the scan and the data that shows up on someone's screen. Your card could say that it's an AP, but it may not be, for a variety of reasons, which I will go into if I make a new topic to explain it. Conversely, you could show what appears to be an expired key to the world card, and that could have a valid AP attached to it. There is no way of knowing what is on the account until it is scanned.

I think we all certainly appreciate the info. The problem is, don't you find that to be a rather peculiar way of doing things? That what is printed on your ticket has no bearing on what your ticket entitles you to? It just sounds like a confusing mess that seems to affect frequent visitors (like APs) ... I can only imagine how confusing that must be for first timers or occasional visitors...

G8rchamps

I got into HS last friday with my magicband on my wrist, not scanned or anything. I was glad because my actual AP was in the trunk. Sat at MK I showed my AP card and got waived through.

The Visionary Soul

I think we all certainly appreciate the info. The problem is, don't you find that to be a rather peculiar way of doing things? That what is printed on your ticket has no bearing on what your ticket entitles you to? It just sounds like a confusing mess that seems to affect frequent visitors (like APs) ... I can only imagine how confusing that must be for first timers or occasional visitors...
Oh, I agree. That's purely Disney's fault for printing things on the cards. All the cards should have on them is maybe the word Disney, and multiple character options for you to pick. (And then a barcode and mag stripe and RFID inside) There should be nothing on the card denoting who's card it is, what ticket is attached, or if it is a room key, because it can all change.

Maleficent88

I got into HS last friday with my magicband on my wrist, not scanned or anything. I was glad because my actual AP was in the trunk. Sat at MK I showed my AP card and got waived through.

Better make sure to always have your AP on you. You won't get merchandise discounts without it.

To a PP who says they don't care about letting their friends use their AP, you should as that is abusing the system. Won't be long until Disney catches on and takes that privilege away from APs.

monorail81

Just showed mine at Hollywood Studios last night and got waved through. Switched the the MK where they scanned it. Went to the MK this morning and they just waved me through again. I don't care if they scan it or ask for my ID as long as they are consistant across property. It is getting frustrating with the guessing game.

luv

Christmas Day, I was finally asked for ID, but they were (for whatever reason) trying to move people through the gates slowly, so that may have influenced it. (?)

Haven't been asked for ID since Christmas.

I'm used to handing over ID at Sea World and Uni (except for valet parking), so if Disney went this route, it wouldn't be a big deal...but I do like getting through faster at Disney. Faster is always nicer. :)

tissandtully

Christmas Day, I was finally asked for ID, but they were (for whatever reason) trying to move people through the gates slowly, so that may have influenced it. (?)

Haven't been asked for ID since Christmas.

I'm used to handing over ID at Sea World and Uni (except for valet parking), so if Disney went this route, it wouldn't be a big deal...but I do like getting through faster at Disney. Faster is always nicer. :)

I figured out when staying at WL, all you gotta do is say you're staying at one of the MK resorts and they'll just wave you through :-/

omurice

Parking attendants have only inspected my AP card about 1 out of the last 10 times I parked. Usually they waved me through on seeing the card at a distance. I even held up my MagicBand one time, just on a hunch, and they waved me through at that alone which surprised me (maybe they saw my resort parking pass on the dash though, you can just point at that, and without even stopping they will often wave you thru, this goes for the resorts too).

The parking attendants are sizing you up certainly, but maybe will stop you 1 or 2 times out of 10 and inspect things more closely. And that is their right -- I would not get bent out of shape over being asked for my ID. They could stop every single car and ask for a photo ID if they wanted, but usually they do not.

Depends on the time of day you arrive too -- in the morning they're very careful, checking more people out, even scanning your AP. But in the afternoon of a slow day say, they're waving most people thru with the minimum of evidence whether you're an AP or resort guest. And after 5PM there might be nobody in the booths at all...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom