Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuhio

All this Coke talk (for the record, I'm a Pepsi person) has me thinking about this article I read today, and how nice these would be at WDW. :)

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/07/05/coca-colas-new-bottle-is-made-of-ice/

Wouldn't that be cold to hold?

It had the red plastic band

In WDW, these ice bottles would be yet another opportunity to show off the many uses of MagicBand.

That $1+ billion budget is looking more and more reasonable by the day!

luv

Aside from being cold, wouldn't you have to drink it awfully fast, as the container will be melting?

I'd love to see and hold one of those, just for the experience. But I do think it is an odd choice of packaging, to say the least. :)

Might be work a billion dollars, though. It does have a band! ;) :)

Big C 73

Point being: Friday night on a labor day weekend and MK closes at 9pm. Thats.... thats very unexpected.
I pay so little attention. Is the MK usually open later?

Are you considering the idea that attendance might be down?

The Magic Kingdom will be open until 11:00PM tonight, 1:00AM Sunday, and 10:00PM on Monday.

These are still longer operating hours, but in my opinion it should be like this:

Saturday:12:00AM Sunday:2:00AM Monday12:00AM

Either way this doesn't mean attendance is down, there are slow times throughout the year believe it or not. Attendance will increase as it draws closer to Halloween.

luv

I'm always happier when it is less crowded. :)

It's still too hot to be out there all day, during the day, IMO. For me, anyway. We sure are having some lovely, rain-free days, though!! :)

luv

The Magic Kingdom will be open until 11:00PM tonight, 1:00AM Sunday, and 10:00PM on Monday.

These are still longer operating hours, but in my opinion it should be like this:

Saturday:12:00AM Sunday:2:00AM Monday12:00AM

Either way this doesn't mean attendance is down, there are slow times throughout the year believe it or not. Attendance will increase as it draws closer to Halloween.
I am aware that there are fluctuations in attendance, yes. I don't remember things like specific holiday hours. Dave generally knows more than I do, so I asked him.

There was no hidden meaning. Just a question. For Dave.

Nubs70

Aside from being cold, wouldn't you have to drink it awfully fast, as the container will be melting?

I'd love to see and hold one of those, just for the experience. But I do think it is an odd choice of packaging, to say the least. :)

Might be work a billion dollars, though. It does have a band! ;) :)
Or when the poor custodial person tries to lift a 200 lb trash bag out of the trash container.

Reactions: luv

Goofyernmost

luv said:

Or when the poor custodial person tries to lift a 200 lb trash bag out of the trash container.
Yes, it does seem like there are many flaws with that system. For sure, there is no way to stretch one drink throughout an evening without either wearing it or putting your arms and hands in it at the table. Or you drink it in a freezer, which brings up yet another question. How come the drink doesn't freeze when the container does. Do they transfer the drink to the frozen container? Wouldn't that alone cause the container to start rapidly toward the end of its usefulness? I'm thinking that this is an idea that needs a little more thought or a lot more answers. :jawdrop::joyfull:

Reactions: luv

Big C 73

I am aware that there are fluctuations in attendance, yes. I don't remember things like specific holiday hours. Dave generally knows more than I do, so I asked him.

There was no hidden meaning. Just a question. For Dave.

I know, and I had read it wrong anyway I hope you don't think I'm a butt! :D:banghead:

culturenthrills

I have been at WDW on Labor Day weekend in the past and I am always surprised by the lack of crowds. Probably due to most schools have started or going to start after labor day and locals not wanting to go due to the heat. We used to go all the time that weekend and it was great.

PhotoDave219

And then you have a 3am with EMH on Sunday. Strange crowd pattern.

Here's a fun attendance update for tonight.

Polar opposite of yesterday. Absolute pandemonium. Appeared to be somewhere in the 45-50 Range just based on how much of a pain in the it was a try to walk around.

PhotoDave219

I have been at WDW on Labor Day weekend in the past and I am always surprised by the lack of crowds. Probably due to most schools have started or going to start after labor day and locals not wanting to go due to the heat. We used to go all the time that weekend and it was great.

Oh tonight sucked in many, many ways.

Apparently I was premature and stating that this weekend was dead. I just needed to be Tuesday and I'll be happy.

PhotoDave219

I know, and I had read it wrong anyway I hope you don't think I'm a butt! :D:banghead:

Days of low attendance are now measured in days rather than weeks as compared to attendance patterns of 10 years ago.

For example. Between New Year's and Martin Luther King Day, both Tuesday and Wednesdays in the middle of the week are relatively low attendance.

This forthcoming Tuesday, the day after Labor Day, is relatively low attendance.

Beyond that? There are no more lengthy stretches where you have more than several days of low attendance. It's either normal or busy or busy or or oh my God I'm not going because it's too damn busy.

yeti

Here's a fun attendance update for tonight.

Polar opposite of yesterday. Absolute pandemonium. Appeared to be somewhere in the 45-50 Range just based on how much of a pain in the it was a try to walk around.

Boy you're not kidding. The Haunted Mansion was a nightmare getting into. We got stuck behind the Electrical Parade because a CM wouldn't let us into Fantasyland...an hour before fireworks. Oddly the streets were bottleneck but the wait times were relatively reasonable...hmm. Also, why is Tomorrowland a nightclub with a bizarre show about dogs? ^^Twilight zone indeed.

We're hoping it'll be less messy on Monday. The parks have been great the past few days in spite of this.

Tom Morrow

Days of low attendance are now measured in days rather than weeks as compared to attendance patterns of 10 years ago.

For example. Between New Year's and Martin Luther King Day, both Tuesday and Wednesdays in the middle of the week are relatively low attendance.

This forthcoming Tuesday, the day after Labor Day, is relatively low attendance.

Beyond that? There are no more lengthy stretches where you have more than several days of low attendance. It's either normal or busy or busy or or oh my God I'm not going because it's too damn busy.
Yeah, I miss the patterns of 10 years ago where there were several weeks at a time of low attendance. Before moving to Orlando, every single vacation I took to WDW was during these slow periods, and I think that had a hand in developing my love for WDW.

But you are totally right. You really only get lucky with 1-3 days tops here and there of low attendance, and the rest is normal, busy, or very busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom