I remember ....................

Cmdr_Crimson

If you ever seen a live recording of the New Mickey Mouse Club at DHS..
mmc8453241SMALL.jpg

The Empress Lilly

I remember...

...The Walt disney Story on Main Street
...Tomorrowland being stylish instead of cartoony
...free-roaming charcters in the MK
...live western show in Frontierland
...Pecos Bill's not having a dumb cartoon character over the entrance
...enjoying citrus swirls in the spinner-free plaza in Adventureland, to the sound of a steeldrum band
...all those fantastic turn-of-the-20th-century games in the Penny Arcade

...the cat drinking spilled milk in Horizons
...the drowning dinosaur in Energy
...CAT/BAT spelling lessons with Figment
...and it rained...and it rained...and it rained...at The Living Seas

...the swinging pole at River Country
...the huge aviary on Discovery Island
...the animal topiaries between TTC and the Contemporary

NYwdwfan

The shooting gallery at the Contemporary arcade. Having to ride the carousel because we only had "A" tickets left and it wasnt't time to leave the park. The best souvenir ever - small lucite cube candy boxes full of tart-n-tinys. Mission to Mars. 20k. When Adventureland traffic flow wasn't blocked by a spinner. When the Diamond Horseshoe Revue took reservations and had a stage show.

75disney

...when there was only 1 park, 4 resorts, 1 campground, 1 water park, and Discovery Island.
...When you could take your time enjoying the park and still have time to enjoy the other amenities which WDW offered, like horseback riding, tennis, boating, golf.
...when Epcot actually taught you something and inspired you.
...when the Contemporary had the really cool arcade on the first floor.
...when the Studios actually explained the magic behind the movies.
...when Goofy rode water skis and Donald drove the boat.
...when for the 10th Anniversary, every guest got a present when they entered the park.
...Top of the World dinner show
...Kids of the KIngdom (so wanted to be one of them)

Sped2424

When I called Diskman from the Tapestry parade "Noodle Man".

ToonTown :(

Being able to go through the castle to get to Fantasyland

Being able to buy stuffed animals at TonnTown when I was little. I had a Brer Rabbit plushie! :)

The resort TVs playing the cartoon loop in the rooms.

The wand on SSE

When the now rare characters would come out on Main Street for meet and greets.
You can still get to fantasyland through the castle from time to time, Sometimes its open and other times its not.

laynalee07

When you could actually ride the extended, original version on the backlot tour.... I loved getting to see the Dick Tracy skit on the Streets of New York and getting to see the Golden Girls house!....
Not to mention seeing The New Mickey Mouse Club (if only I would have known then who those kids would become!)
I miss the old MGM so much it almost brings tears to my eyes!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I remember Chef Mickey's being a quality restaurant in DTD, the neat little general store in DTD, the little pads of butter shaped like a Mickey silhouette. Moderate hotels at $89 a night, resort pool hopping, the great arcade at the Contemporary, monorails that were reliable and Character Breakfasts on the Empress Lilly.

Good times.

Marc Gil

I remember the old TTA narration:
"Now approaching Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress."
I remember going on a long time ago with my cousins, and there was this man who sat in a car by himself in the very back row lip syncing the entire audio speil for us. When we went inside Space Mountain and the other buildings of Tomorrowland, he would turn on a flashlight to his face and mimic the speil. We found it hilarious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom