Moderate resorts

ifuhadwings

Original Poster
Does anyone have any advice for a nice moderate resort? Stayed at value resorts, but to so great. The room walls were paper thin, not even a chair in the room, and had to use the buses. Suggestions? One that is closer to MK or EPCOT.

DaddyDisneyMan

Stayed at Pop Century last March and heading back there next week. Didn't think the walls were paper thin, we have a 2 chairs in our room and like @mcurtiss said, you're not going to avoid buses at a moderate resort.

Now on to your question...I personally like Port Orleans; but with having 2 young boys we have been leaning to the values which are A-ok by me :)

GabeP

They are all different. If you're looking for quaint, Port Orleans French Quarter is small and quiet with just one bus stop. Riverside is larger, but still only 3 bus stops.. Distance-wise, all the moderates are close, but PO is closest to the MK. Coronado has the largest rooms of the moderates, but is a convention resort, so be prerpared for crowds if one is there. They also have a lot of bus stops. Caribbean beach is very close to Epcot, but is also fairly big and has a lot of bus stops.

ifuhadwings

Original Poster
Stayed at Pop Century last March and heading back there next week. Didn't think the walls were paper thin, we have a 2 chairs in our room and like @mcurtiss said, you're not going to avoid buses at a moderate resort.

Now on to your question...I personally like Port Orleans; but with having 2 young boys we have been leaning to the values which are A-ok by me :)
We had family of many adults who literally screamed and talked loudly non stop all night long into 8 am. This was at Pop Century. All we wanted to do was sleep because we were on GO the whole day.

ifuhadwings

Original Poster
They are all different. If you're looking for quaint, Port Orleans French Quarter is small and quiet with just one bus stop. Riverside is larger, but still only 3 bus stops.. Distance-wise, all the moderates are close, but PO is closest to the MK. Coronado has the largest rooms of the moderates, but is a convention resort, so be prerpared for crowds if one is there. They also have a lot of bus stops. Caribbean beach is very close to Epcot, but is also fairly big and has a lot of bus stops.
We will check put Port Orleans.I think the deluxe resorts are beyond our budget.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Don't choose CS ... its far too crowded rubbish rooms dirty and rubbish eateries and bus service ;) ( was that convincing at all )

Does anyone have any advice for a nice moderate resort? Stayed at value resorts, but to so great. The room walls were paper thin, not even a chair in the room, and had to use the buses. Suggestions? One that is closer to MK or EPCOT.
For close to Epcot Port Orleans Riverside. It is quit but big resort a lot of people for buses so give some more time.
There is a nice boat ride to downtown Disney/ Disney Springs. We stayed there and like it.

POFQ is the best of the moderates. It's size is the most manageable and the bus system is the most efficient as most time you are a one and done stop, not sharing between other resorts. Sometimes you get unlucky and have to go to Riverside, but that's rare. The other resorts have multiple bus stops which can be a time eater.

I have stayed at CSR twice, CB and POFQ once each. MY vote goes to POFQ. It is the smallest and the quietest of the group. Only one bus stop, and the overall theming is a lot of fun and quite kid friendly.
They share the same buses as Riverside and is quit in both resorts. They are next to each other. Can't go wrong with one of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom