Moderate resorts

RonAnnArbor

There's more difference to it than that -- the Values have one bus stop where you line up in a queue for each resort -- the Moderates have covered stops but also more of them, scattered around the edges of the property that the bus makes multiple stops and you don't have to go to one "holding pen" area...

CheshireCat12

Don't choose CS ... its far too crowded rubbish rooms dirty and rubbish eateries and bus service ;) ( was that convincing at all )
I have to disagree. I've stayed there twice and it was clean, beautiful, and there were NO crowds (mid summer). The only problem I had with it was Cafe Rix, which is NOT well designed and when the conventioneers went to lunch, if you were there too you couldn't get food. I see this as a small issue though considering most of the time you will be out at the parks and eating there instead.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I have to disagree. I've stayed there twice and it was clean, beautiful, and there were NO crowds (mid summer). The only problem I had with it was Cafe Rix, which is NOT well designed and when the conventioneers went to lunch, if you were there too you couldn't get food. I see this as a small issue though considering most of the time you will be out at the parks and eating there instead.

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH don't let on to everyone ;) the less people know the better :D

JTT

I have stayed at a few Moderates and my favorite is Port Orleans French Quarter.

It's the smallest moderate, therefore everything is close. The bus service was excellent. It's theme and landscaping was great.

jazznrachie

We've stayed at both the Caribbean Beach & Coronado Springs. Both were nice, but we prefer the Caribbean Beach. Personally, I like the tropical feel of the resort. It's a very different scenery vs living in the Midwest.

tmstephe

Does anyone have any advice for a nice moderate resort? Stayed at value resorts, but to so great. The room walls were paper thin, not even a chair in the room, and had to use the buses. Suggestions? One that is closer to MK or EPCOT.

They are all a distance from MK, but CBR is right across the road from the back of World Showcase. In fact, you can see Illuminations fireworks from several areas of CBR.

POR is listed as a "Downtown Disney" resort and has a lovely boat ride connecting the two. That's about the only way to avoid buses from a Moderate.

GabeP

DVC = Disney Vacation Club

DVC "members" buy points at WDW that they can use every year at DVC resorts. If they don't use their points for a particular year, they can rent them out. There are several websites that specialize in helping DVC members rent their points. Most charge $13/point but point rentals can be found for less on, say, eBay. The nice thing about the websites is that several are well-established so the risk is low.

For example, a DVC "Studio" (basically a hotel room) costs 134 points to rent for a week in the summer at the Beach Club. At $13/point, that comes out to about $250/night, when a room normally costs over $400/night.

There usually are 3 downsides to renting DVC points:
  • DVC rooms book early. You'll need to plan 7-11 months ahead of time.
  • Most of the time, the room is nonrefundable. So you need to be very sure about your vacation plans.
  • There is no maid service and they change towels only after the 3rd night. (Full maid service after 7 nights.) We actually prefer this since we don't like having to straighten up for Mousekeeping.
Be careful about renting DVC points from ebay/craigslist. If doing so, I would only use an established reseller that gurantees the room will you be yours. They act like a vacation rental by owner service. its worth it to spend the few extra bucks a point for peace of mind. Most of thse sites work by you putting in a request for a certain time period and then they check their inventory to see if anything matches up. Depending on the time of year you go, paying for a room at the reg discounted rate from Disney directly is about the same as using DVC points.

Hcalvert

Does anyone have any advice for a nice moderate resort? Stayed at value resorts, but to so great. The room walls were paper thin, not even a chair in the room, and had to use the buses. Suggestions? One that is closer to MK or EPCOT.
You can avoid some buses if you stay at the Cabins in Fort Wilderness. You will be able to take the boat to MK and catch the monorail there or at Contemporary to go to Epcot. Unless you have 5 or more guests, it might not be worth the price difference.

MickeyMomV

Our favorite is POR. We love the mansions over the multi colored mardi-gra look. We do like the size of both Port Orleans resorts over the size of CSR and CBR. Depending on where you get put in CSR and CBR you can be up for quit a walk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom