Any new rumors or news about the planned Haunted Mansion resort rooms

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
There were already a lot of rumors and even design studies for special themed Haunted Mansion resort rooms, possibly at the PORS. These rooms would feature doom buggy beds, scary special effects etc. and sounded absolutely awesome.
Does anyone have new infos, nesw, rumors and know if these rooms will be actually built or was it just blue sky?

ratherbeinwdw

There were already a lot of rumors and even design studies for special themed Haunted Mansion resort rooms, possibly at the PORS. These rooms would feature doom buggy beds, scary special effects etc. and sounded absolutely awesome.
Does anyone have new infos, nesw, rumors and know if these rooms will be actually built or was it just blue sky?
We were part of the survey they did back then. We were very excited about the possiblility. The mock-up was so cool. I assumed the idea had been canned, and they did AoA instead.

punkabella

I love the haunted mansion rooms. That would be a great one for adults. I really liked the idea of the footprints on the ceiling.

FrankLapidus

Instead of AoA (which I dislike), I would have liked to see a resort with attraction or land themed rooms.
Haunted Mansion rooms, Pirates rooms, space rooms, etc. Much more interesting.

That does sound like it could be very interesting; I went to look around AoA this summer and though it looked OK but not brilliant. I've never heard of this concept before but the idea itself is great, as a huge fan of the Haunted Mansion I would definitely have stayed in a room like that.

lazyboy97o

Instead of AoA (which I dislike), I would have liked to see a resort with attraction or land themed rooms.
I think such an idea would just devolve to decorations instead of providing the experience of entering these worlds.

Lee

Adventurer
I think such an idea would just devolve to decorations instead of providing the experience of entering these worlds.
Which, to me, would still be better than AoA.

Like a resort with an Adventureland building, a Tomorrowland building, and so on, all with rooms decorated to fit the theme. (An expansion if what they did with the DL Hotel.)

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster

That's interesting. Why don't you like the AoA?

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
That does sound like it could be very interesting; I went to look around AoA this summer and though it looked OK but not brilliant. I've never heard of this concept before but the idea itself is great, as a huge fan of the Haunted Mansion I would definitely have stayed in a room like that.

Please don't forget, although the AoA is a kind of "value deluxe" or "value plus" it's still "only" a value and as a value it is really well themed.

And concerning the HM rooms, I really would stay there too but as a die-hard fan of the HM I always thought a "Disney's Haunted Mansion Resort" would even be a greater addition to the deluxe resort roster. But I believe that would perhaps be a little too much for most resort guests.

WDW1974

I don't want to see them anywhere unless they are a specfic resort as you suggest. Making over rooms at CBR in Nemo or PoC themes is wrong because it clashes terribly with the theme of the resort. Same as making 500 (or more?) rooms at TRFKaDL into Disney Princess chambers. The theme of the resort is the American South in the 1870s-80s. Disney toon princesses fit there exactly how? Oh, they move merchandise to ignorant people who don't even get the point of theming to begin with yet look down their noses at places like UNI. Got it.

WDW1974

Same reason I don't care for the All-Stars or Pop very much. Too garish, over the top and for lack of a better word, cheap.

And by "cheap" I certainly don't mean "inexpensive" from a guest standpoint, as I find Disney's "Value" resorts to be overpriced.

They are a mess. I like Music most of all as its peaceful (sorta). Visited AoA last month while waiting for YOU to arrive and have our "How to use WDWMAGIC.com to bring TDO to its knees meeting?'' and found the place incredibly crowded and loud and cheap and tacky and already showing signs of neglect (don't believe they've truly cleaned the food court floor thoroughly since the resort opened).

These are motels with tacky large icons hanging around.

All Stars were fine when you could get them regularly for $40-60 a night to stay on property, but I believe the lowest regular rate is nw over $100 when you include tax and that is lunacy for all but the true addicts.

FrankLapidus

Please don't forget, although the AoA is a kind of "value deluxe" or "value plus" it's still "only" a value and as a value it is really well themed.

I know, I wasn't criticising it but taking it purely at face value, it wasn't to my taste; I foud it weird walking around that they have music playing by the likes of Kate Bush and Billy Joel rather than songs or scores from the films represented at AoA. I really liked the different themes and facades but I probably wouldn't choose to stay there myself. I've stayed at all of the All Stars and still really love the Movies resort. Right now we're Port Orleans French Quarter regulars (which overall is probably my favourite place to stay) but having stayed at Wilderness Lodge one year, that gave me a very different perspective of the resorts, that place is amazing.

Patricia Melton

I wish they would build a resort that had a Haunted Mansion theme for at least one building.

The other buildings could be Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain, Big Thunder, or some other theme. Make each building based on a classic ride.

That would be really cool.

Animaniac93-98

And by "cheap" I certainly don't mean "inexpensive" from a guest standpoint, as I find Disney's "Value" resorts to be overpriced.

As are all categories of Disney resorts when compared to properties with similar star ratings elsewhere in Orlando and NA broadly speaking, though I'd sooner spend $100 to stay at Pop than $450 at the Poly.

lazyboy97o

Which, to me, would still be better than AoA.

Like a resort with an Adventureland building, a Tomorrowland building, and so on, all with rooms decorated to fit the theme. (An expansion if what they did with the DL Hotel.)
My big issue with the Value Resorts is the same reason I'm not a big fan of what was done to the Disneyland Hotel. It's decorations, not a themed experience. Yes, some of its is much better than others, but its still not an experience. Themed decorations are easy, mundane and part of the everyday, but an experience pushes beyond.

The Value Resorts are not themed, they are decorated. The do not seek to create their own experience of the theme, but merely remind you of the subject matter through decor.

HausofDe-Vil

Oh wow I've never heard of these room designs before. They're amazing! That's too bad they scrapped them. I would absolutely love to stay in a Haunted Mansion themed room/hotel. And although I much prefer AoA over Pop Century and the All Star Resorts, I still would have much preferred the Haunted Mansion/Princess themed rooms. Even a whole hotel dedicated to ride attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom