Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

RSoxNo1

I sincerely hope they didn't cut the $300 in the budget that had been earmarked for "Hidden World of Motion icon in queue to whip Epcot fanboys into a frenzy."
As far as I know, there are only a handful of spots where you can find old Future World logos (Besides merchandise). I'd love it if these were brought back.
  • Epcot Logo on exit gates
  • Living with the Land Logo on Living with the Land Fastpass Machines
  • Horizons Logo on Mission: SPACE Gravity Wheel
I think the Seas logo at the top part of the manatee exhibit has been removed.

The Empress Lilly

• At the place I once was certain was the center of the universe there's an original EPCOT Center logo. The biggest one of all, the one on the ground, between the fountain and two Communicore buildings:
    3144399998_7e3ec01493_z.jpg
  • The exit gate mentioned by Red Socks, here it is:
    20krasy.jpg
  • There is another EPCOT Center logo in the office building...what was back there again, don't remember:
34rzm7c.jpg

• And at Rafiki's Planet Watch, they have this cow that was born with a Horizons logo pattern on her side!!
In EPCOT they should do Hidden Logos instead of Hidden Mickeys! Would be awesome!

The Empress Lilly

really need to see a pic of that. seriously life will not be complete until i see that
Oops...alas! I was making a joking referral to the famous Minnie Moo, the cow born with a Hidden Mickey pattern. She lived in the MK, in Mickey's Starland, where she was very popular.

Sadly no EPCOT logo now
only a Magic Kingdom cow
this pic of Minnie Moo
is all that I can do:

blmoo.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Construction update here:

http://www..com/2012/08/12/test-track-2-0-current-progress-and-behind-the-wall-photos/

Looks like they are starting to dismantle the Cool Wash.

aladdin2007

Construction update here:

http://www..com/2012/08/12/test-track-2-0-current-progress-and-behind-the-wall-photos/

Looks like they are starting to dismantle the Cool Wash.

Yeah and as quoted from that site: There has been a large emphasis on returning the building itself to a more sleek appearance....Im so hoping this means the scrap metal 90s canopy thing comes down out front before all is said and done.

Tom

Beta Return
Yeah and as quoted from that site: There has been a large emphasis on returning the building itself to a more sleek appearance....Im so hoping this means the scrap metal 90s canopy thing comes down out front before all is said and done.

After revision after revision to the design, and trimming the price tag, the sleep appearance will now be achieved by painting racing stripes down the side of the building.

muteki

I'd love that, but you would think there would be signs of them removing the canopy by now if they were going to do it.

jt04

I'd love that, but you would think there would be signs of them removing the canopy by now if they were going to do it.

I am hoping they left it up to shade the workers. And it could be removed in a day or two. So I am staying optinistic. Should they remove it the news would be the biggest since wand removal.

cheezbat

As long as this thing has been closed already, I figured there'd be more visible progress. I'm not liking how slow it seems they're moving on this. At this rate, we're either going to get a cheap redo, or it won't open until Christmas 2014...around the same time as the 7DMR at the MK! Lol

HMF

As long as this thing has been closed already, I figured there'd be more visible progress. I'm not liking how slow it seems they're moving on this. At this rate, we're either going to get a cheap redo, or it won't open until Christmas 2014...around the same time as the 7DMR at the MK! Lol
How can there be visible progress when most of the work is being done in an enclosed building?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom