Orlando Attractions Magazine: Something coming to Central FL?

AmongMadPeople

Whylightbulb and Uni have announced the phase 2 of Potter. Pretty old news around here. Perhaps they have another announcement pending. There have been some indications of that. The Orlando theme park wars are really heating up.

I was talking about SS44 demo, not HP replacing Jaws.

It's planned. Matter of time.

Well, something has to go in the Stage 44 spot...
Permanent haunt, Transformers...something.

menamechris

The unfortunate thing about this sort of "twit" is that we probably aren't going to hear the rest of the story.... Or if we do, it will probably be when the rest of the world finds out.

steve76

I would expect that this relates to the demolition at Universal. Personally I would be a bit surprised if it was Transformers, due to the similarity of ride systems with Spiderman at IOA. Maybe it will be a clone of another attraction at Universal's other parks - I had heard it may be the Madargascar boat ride from Singapore. I would love it if it was Space Fantasy spinning coaster from Universal Studios Japan...

td1129

Actually very interested to hear what you are so anxious for at Disney. Maybe I have missed some announcements recently?

There's these two expansions you might have heard of. You guys let your anti-Disney groupthink get the best if you far too often.

menamechris

There's these two expansions you might have heard of. You guys let your anti-Disney groupthink get the best if you far too often.

Whoa - you are excited easily. A very nicely themed area with a couple D-tickets and a pricey restaurant. And an expansion proposal that we haven't seen any plans or ideas for a year after the announcement.

Meanwhile - over at Universal...groundbreaking ride technology being implemented, incredibly immersive areas being built, average attractions be replaced, already incredible attractions being "plussed" with the best of today's technology, and construction is already beginning on projects we aren't even privy to details about yet. THAT is exciting.

Today's Universal - Start work, get projects rolling, then announce what's happening.
Today's Disney - Announce projects, feel out how excited people do or don't get, then scale back or cancel as necessary.

It's not anti-Disney. It's just two jarringly different ways to do business and grow (or retain) a fanbase.

td1129

Whoa - you are excited easily. A very nicely themed area with a couple D-tickets and a pricey restaurant. And an expansion proposal that we haven't seen any plans or ideas for a year after the announcement.

Meanwhile - over at Universal...groundbreaking ride technology being implemented, incredibly immersive areas being built, average attractions be replaced, already incredible attractions being "plussed" with the best of today's technology, and construction is already beginning on projects we aren't even privy to details about yet. THAT is exciting.

Today's Universal - Start work, get projects rolling, then announce what's happening.
Today's Disney - Announce projects, feel out how excited people do or don't get, then scale back or cancel as necessary.

It's not anti-Disney. It's just two jarringly different ways to do business and grow (or retain) a fanbase.

There's an unbiased comparison if I've ever seen one.

Captain Chaos

I would expect that this relates to the demolition at Universal. Personally I would be a bit surprised if it was Transformers, due to the similarity of ride systems with Spiderman at IOA. Maybe it will be a clone of another attraction at Universal's other parks - I had heard it may be the Madargascar boat ride from Singapore. I would love it if it was Space Fantasy spinning coaster from Universal Studios Japan...

But omnimovers are all pretty much the same ride system but that didn't stop Disney from building Mermaid not too far from Pooh... The excuse of same ride systems are worn out... No one really cares... as long as the ride is excellent, no one would give two rat bottoms about the system...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

How is it exciting that they are constructing something that you have no idea what it is.

It could be a comma factory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom