Monorail Peach Comes Online

Monorail_Red

meanwhile, another train has now been pulled from service for it's refurb..
That's the way they do it! The trains need the extra TL&C they will be receiving. It's not unusual for one train to be in shop for an extended period while it's not a peak time for crowds. That's how they did the upgrades...things like the new (current) touch screen interfaces, replacing carpet with the current floor surfaces, replacing fold-down seats with the current handrail layout, repaints, and now the recent re-wires.

gators11

Original Poster
What?? Why?

Because as a monorail CP you are not trained to drive the trains. The best thing for any company is to have all its employees as global as possible. It's better to have all the cast members in your workcenter be able to do any task related to operating the monorails. But with CP's you restrict them to not doing one of the most important task. Operating the trains. For example it's better to have 10 cast members who can load/unload and drive the trains verus having 5 cast members who can only do load/unload and 5 cast members who can do both. Therefore if someone calls-out/ gets sick you have a greater ability to work around it. I think that made sense?

peachykeen

We know for sure that Peach has a fresh new coat... I don't think Teal got a new coat, just the new Stripe...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29417352@N08/4017107215/

If you look here, all they did was cover the stripe... And it also seems the car that is shown is slightly bent...

When Peach came out unpainted, you seen a solid off-white coat...

The bend must be an illusion, maybe taken through a car window. The cars were never bent like that.

c-one

Pardon the minor tangent, but I'm curious: which colors were in the original fleet? And which were added with the Epcot line?

(I do realize that there have been new trains since then, just curious about colors.)

Monorail_Red

The pictures of unpainted Teal look bent because of a car window.

Peach did not have balloons in the windows when it was being rebuilt as Teal was.

nace888

Pardon the minor tangent, but I'm curious: which colors were in the original fleet? And which were added with the Epcot line?

(I do realize that there have been new trains since then, just curious about colors.)

Coral and Lime were donated when Epcot line was added.

In this video, Austin (R.I.P) educates the child on the colors, and states that Coral and Lime were donated with Epcot.

This video is in my opinion the BEST thing to tribute the young man.

Sorry if it gets off topic, didn't mean to.

http://topics.myfoxboston.com/m/24645745/guest-video-shows-disney-monorail-pilot.htm

Here's the link. Let it load, and it will start on it's own.

nace888

That's TEAL? Hang on, did I go color blind, or are the colors in my living room actually white?

Yes, that's Teal. They covered up the original Pink and Purple stripes so if anyone saw the train, they would not question which parts of which train(s) were used. If you look, very closely, there is a brighter white where the stripe is to go. They hid the Pink and Purple stripes.

Monorail_Red

They covered up the original Pink and Purple stripes so if anyone saw the train, they would not question which parts of which train(s) were used. If you look, very closely, there is a brighter white where the stripe is to go. They hid the Pink and Purple stripes.
The original stripes were removed prior to that picture when they were testing.

PhilharMagician

Can anyone tell me what is going on with the track switch by MK? We got stuck on the Monorial for about 20 minutes one day and the driver came over the PA system and told us there was a problem at the switch and it was being fixed. Two days later we are walking from MK to the Contemporary and Coral is sitting in front of the switch. The track was switch to access the express line to the maintenance spur going to the monorail garage. Waited for about 20 minutes and nothing happened. The monorail just sat there and the switch was unchanged. By the time we got to the Contemporary the resort line was running, but no express moving and we could see that Coral was still sitting in the same spot near the switch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom