Monorail Peach Comes Online

mikeymouse

Are the new fixtures LED lamps or LED strobes?

I don't think there is a difference other than flash patterns. I have emergency LED's and some patterns strobe, some just flash or blink. Strobes are high voltage and usually pretty expensive to replace. LEDs use very low voltage (amp draw) and last pretty much forever without needing to be replaced.

Monorail_Red

Are the new fixtures LED lamps or LED strobes?

I don't think there is a difference other than flash patterns. I have emergency LED's and some patterns strobe, some just flash or blink. Strobes are high voltage and usually pretty expensive to replace. LEDs use very low voltage (amp draw) and last pretty much forever without needing to be replaced.

As the traditional strobes needed replacing, they started to replace them with LED fixtures a few years ago. The LEDs aren't new to Monorails, just the "lighthouse-type" flash patterns.

c-one

picture.php

Here's how that would look...

The Teal and the Dark blue delta printed darker than anticipated... But you get the idea...

Nice!

I agree that Peach looks like a faded Gold or Orange. Should have went with Maroon IMO (especially since there's now more lighter colors than darker colors). Also wouldn't mind seeing Blue repainted to a darker shade. Not navy, but more of a deep royal blue, to keep it more distinguished from Teal. Not that it will ever (or needs to) happen, just wishful thinking!

c-one

picture.php

Here's how that would look...

The Teal and the Dark blue delta printed darker than anticipated... But you get the idea...

I love these! I've also thought it would be nice if they repainted Blue to be darker. Not navy, but more of a deep royal blue. That would help differentiate from Teal. Wishful thinking, I know...

I agree with those who say Peach looks like a faded Orange or Gold. I would have preferred Maroon, especially now that there are more light colors than dark colors.

Thurp

Here are 3 pictures I took earlier today.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 117
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 119
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 149

nace888

Lol, that's idea!! Although, the colored Delta idea might work too... There's a possibility that Lime and Peach could get confused at night though... From a distance...

WDW Monorail

As the traditional strobes needed replacing, they started to replace them with LED fixtures a few years ago. The LEDs aren't new to Monorails, just the "lighthouse-type" flash patterns.

Yea there's a pretty big differece between incandescent and LED strobe flash paterns. I bought quite a few LED strobes for Christmas this year and am now realizing that they don't randomize as well as the older ones.

TestTrack

As someone who works on LED strobe designs I can tell you that it is definitely a good move and one that is becoming more cost neutral to move away from bulb based strobes. It's not just for reliability but also noise emissions that like to cause havoc with anything else they are connected to or near.

LED strobes can be programmed to pretty much any flash pattern you could want. The standard on-off the monorail uses might not be exciting but you need to look no further than newer police cars to see how crazy the flash patters can get with multiple banks flashing at different rates.

mikeymouse

As someone who works on LED strobe designs I can tell you that it is definitely a good move and one that is becoming more cost neutral to move away from bulb based strobes. It's not just for reliability but also noise emissions that like to cause havoc with anything else they are connected to or near.

LED strobes can be programmed to pretty much any flash pattern you could want. The standard on-off the monorail uses might not be exciting but you need to look no further than newer police cars to see how crazy the flash patters can get with multiple banks flashing at different rates.

Not to mention, some guests may experience seizures with strobe lights. I don't really care for the ones on the parking trams. They used to be a single flashing incandescent. Now they are mini strobe beacons and they don't have a very high wattage at all. Maybe 20 if you're lucky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom