A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes: A March 2011 Disney Wedding/Honeymoon Trip Report

It’s official! Brett and I are finally married and I couldn’t be more excited. We had the most perfect wedding day ever, at our most favorite place in the whole entire world. And of course, as expected, it went by all too quickly. I’m not going to lie, coming down off the high that was our Disney wedding/cruise/honeymoon has been tough. In fact, I'm hoping that writing up/posting this trip report will help me work through some of that. However, I’ve spent much of my spare time in the last few weeks staring at a blank word document... writer’s block? Never heard of it! :lol:

For the first time ever, in all my trip report writing, I did a pre-trip report. It lays out most of the wedding-related details, but for those of you out there who are like me and rarely read pre-trip reports, here’s a quick rundown of events:

Wednesday, March 16, 2011: Drive down, check in offsite for the night
Thursday, March 17, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Friday, March 18, 2011: Wedding Day, Sunset Pointe
Sunday, March 20, 2011: Board Disney Dream for a 4 night Bahamas cruise
Thursday, March 24, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Sunday, March 27, 2011: Check out and head home

We kind of saw this trip as having three legs: Wedding/Cruise/Disney!

A look back at our Disney trip reports: September 2008 (Contemporary), December 2008 (Old Key West), January 2009 (Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Marathon), July 2009 (Wilderness Lodge Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge), December 2009 (Beach Club Villas), March 2010 (Pop Century & Princess Half), June 2010 (Coronado Springs), August 2010 (Polynesian & Engagement), December 2010 (Kidani Village)

This was our first time on DCL, however, we’ve cruised a handful of times before. So if anyone is interested, those trip reports can be found here: May 2009 (Carnival Liberty), December 2009 (Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas), May 2010 (Emerald Princess), June 2010 (Norwegian Sky)

Oh dear. I feel like I’m embarking on what will be the longest trip report EVER (and I’ve written some long ones). My apologies in advance, as it will likely take awhile to get this report up in its entirety. The good news though, is that I’ve completed the text all the way up through the wedding, so we’ll get to that part fairly quickly!

With all that said, let the memories begin...

IMG_3834.jpg

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Wow...Really speechless after going through all of this. You guys looked great! I LOVED the pictures of you guys in the kitchen.

Congrats!!!!!!!!

Ariel484

Okay, I too needed to make notes...

Regarding the bridezilla comment with the leis - if THAT was your bridezilla moment, the people around you were very lucky. Not unreasonable at all to want everyone to wear your leis!

The 'Ohana incident - oh wow, I would have been sick over that! So glad that they found your reservation. The "poker face" pictures are hilarious...you look like you're about to leap over the podium and tackle the CM! :lol: But hooray for Juan! Maybe they stored the reservation somewhere else since it was for the wedding?

Hooray for Derek, the food picture assistant! Thanks for posting those pictures. We'll be dining at 'Ohana for the first time in a little less than a month :)eek: :sohappy:) and those pictures got me really excited. That bread pudding...YUM. So nice that the CM gave you guys champagne, but the lack of a shout-out?? Come on! :fork: :lol:

Love the bathroom story. I confess...I pulled the same move on my wedding day! :lol: Ah, memories.

Your mom is quite the photographer! I assume you/she used the external flash for a lot of those pictures? And speaking of your mom/photography...is that a special purple wedding day camera strap I spy? So cute! You guys really didn't miss any details. On that note (and maybe someone already mentioned this and I just missed it), I have decided that you and your mom need to create some sort of Disney wedding planning business. You can collaborate on everything, with you primarily doing the printed materials while she tackles the (for lack of a better term) "soft goods" (dress bag, garter, etc.). Just don't forget to mail me my fee for coming up with the idea! :lol: :cool:

I was right about the surprise event! Woot! What a great idea to treat your family to a fireworks cruise. It sounds like it was perfect.

Love the champagne bottle and mirror pictures. Very nice.

And lastly...the hair. Good call making it a team effort. Did it just stay up by itself when you got all of the pins out, due to the hairspray? I remember trying to count the number of pins used in my hair when I took mine down and I think it was in the 80s...87 sort of rings a bell but I could be wrong. :lol:

Obviously CANNOT wait for more! :D

DisneyFan1003

You make such a great point, Mike... after a while we really do start to feel like we all know one another around here. It's one of my favorite parts of writing reports, and reading others'. It's so fun to share with people who "get it." There's no time spent explaining the magic.

Brett was actually wrapping up school while we were planning, it's one of the reasons why we waited this long to get married. He did get involved with parts of the planning, for example, important things like the ceremony, we did together. He didn't string any leis though. :lol:

I didn't know Disney once had a Fairytale Engagement Center... I wonder if some of the same things are now offered through Disney Fairytale Weddings (DFTW). Deciding between the small wedding and a big one is probably a tough call for most couples. Music is extremely important to us, and I think that's one aspect of a big wedding that we would've had SO much fun planning. But because we were at Disney, we figured we'd just go with some of our movie favorites.

You aren't kidding about the photographer making/breaking the day. I had done extensive research and knew Jason would be great, and yet I still ended up making myself physically sick waiting to get the pictures back. This was only heightened by the fact that I had NO candids from the ceremony.

You mentioned a vow renewal... I'm thinking Disney would definitely be the way to go. Plus it would be an opportunity to get some of those fun shots around the resorts! :animwink:

Have you cruised with Disney or other lines? Cruises are so much fun, and I'm sure your daughter would have a blast.

Thanks for all the kind words, and thank Chrissy for me as well!

Hi Holly!
We've actually cruised twice with Disney and loved both of them. We sailed the Magic for a 7-night Western Caribbean on our honeymoon and then did a 4-night on the Wonder for New Year's Eve a few years back. If you two ever get the chance to do a New Year's cruise with Disney...DO IT! It was incredible!

Fairytale Engagements...I think it was a short lived department that just happen to be operating when I proposed back in 2002, so I lucked out. I had found some Disney engagement stories online and thought "there is no way they could have done that without help from Disney"...so I called the FTW group and they referred me to Engagements. The folks there were outstanding - they had all sorts of "packages" that you could purchase from simple romantic dinners all the way up to a $5000 package that included a pumpkin coach ride down Main St. after park closing and a proposal on the steps of the castle. I went for the Rose Garden package - they roped it off for us before Fantasy in the Sky fireworks. Had a beautiful antique loveseat, sparkling cider, chocolates & roses. I had bought our toasting flutes in advance and shipped them down, so those were waiting for us to use that night and again at our wedding. Afterwards, we got proposal pins and wedding ears. We got to sit down there and watch the fireworks and then got VIP seating for Spectro. They told the performers where we were and all of them waved and yelled "congrats" as the parade went by. It was pretty cool! We tried to contact our coordinator when we were back for our honeymoon but were told that the department had been disolved. I guess since they couldn't really advertise (because it would spoil the surprise) they weren't making enough money. I feel lucky that the timing worked out for us!
:sohappy:

Oh...and the Illuminations stuff....we both got a little weepy! If you have the soundtrack CD from Illuminations, there is a song called "Promise" that plays after the show music ends. The night before I proposed, we were in EPCOT and when that song came on as we were leaving the park, Chrissy got all choked up and said "when we get married, this needs to be our first dance"...bought the CD on our way out that night and it was indeed our first dance!

disneygirl1

OMG Holly, your professional pictures are ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! Your wedding day seems to be all you wanted it to me and more!! Can't wait to read more!

tiaragirl

Illuminations cruise (L) oui oui, so perfect! You guys all looked great in your leis, definitely worth all the hard work (I say, probably because I didn't make them but they DO look fabulous).

When I go through your posts I think of specific pictures (pics of you and Brett at the Yacht Club, pic of you and your Momma, pic of Wishes) but then, really, they're all just too fabulous to list and I'd get really tired so.. one last time, all together now: gorgeous, you guys are the cutest, and you looked drop-dead.

Now, hurry up and show me my future cruise (98 days, yo). ;) I'm sure it will pale in comparison to my sea raycer cruise during the wedding, but..

Holly,

Thank you for the amazing account of your wedding day! Your pictures are stunning and you guys look like you had an amazing day. I'm glad my wife doesn't read these boards often or she would be pointing out to me all the places where our wedding day did not live up to yours! (but it was awesome in it's own way) Best of luck to you and Brett in the future and I'm anxiously awaiting the cruise portion of your report!

Craig

sweetpee_1993

Illuminations cruise (L) oui oui, so perfect! You guys all looked great in your leis, definitely worth all the hard work (I say, probably because I didn't make them but they DO look fabulous).

When I go through your posts I think of specific pictures (pics of you and Brett at the Yacht Club, pic of you and your Momma, pic of Wishes) but then, really, they're all just too fabulous to list and I'd get really tired so.. one last time, all together now: gorgeous, you guys are the cutest, and you looked drop-dead.

Now, hurry up and show me my future cruise (98 days, yo). ;) I'm sure it will pale in comparison to my sea raycer cruise during the wedding, but..

Hey girl! Unless the Dream becomes a whoooole other kinda dream ((wink wink)) the searaycer/papparazo fiasco shall never be beat! :animwink:

DiPSU224

Oh my goodness. I am on comment overload right now...there's so much I want to comment on!! I am so glad you waited to do your TR until you were able to include your AWESOME photographer's pictures. Scrolling through the photos, every one that passed became my new favorite. If I had to pick 2 of my favorites, they would be...:

Brett’s favorite:

03HPBHW-519.jpg

It's funny because neither of them are of your face! :lol: The photo of Brett is so romantic, and the one of you is just gorgeous, stunning, breathtaking...I could go on and on...

Like a dork, I made a few notes so I could remember all I wanted to say:
1. Going back a bit in the TR, I am in love with your personalized hanger! I so wish they had those when I got married! This is why after I got married, I avoided most wedding things...I get slightly bitter when I see things that I would have wanted to have! :lol:
2. Those leis look so real in photos! Excellent job!
3. So glad you didn't do the cake smashing thing. I think it can be tacky sometimes and not romantic at all. I warned my husband there would be NO cake smashing. The thought of anything getting on my gown made me hyperventilate. All that changed of course by the end of the night as the bottom of my dress looked exactly like yours.
4. I wish I had a great view of my husband at the end of the aisle like you had of Brett. The way people were standing in the pews at my wedding, I couldn't see Chris until I was right up on him. I was sad I wasn't able to see him when the doors opened.
5. I love how you included the adventure of using the ladies room while in a wedding gown. I think it's something we all dread as a bride. I lost all shame by the end of the night!
6. I love, love, LOVE those photos of you guys in the arcade playing air hockey...and the ones of you at the car game are HOT! Woohoo!

I've been meaning to ask you...did you finally try the Island Sunset drink at the Poly with the POG juice?

Sarabell

what?? no posts today? I was looking forward to doing some reading today :)lookaroun). You´d better tell us you had to go back to WDW cause you forgot your toothbrush or something there this weekend Holly!

nah, just kidding! I´m really looking forward to the post-wedding report.

WishIWasAtWDW

AMAZING!!! :D all of your pictures after the ceremony were outstanding!!! jason did a fabulous job!!! and i love the picture with him included. so cute and such personality in that picture. i also love the pictures of you two in the arcade! what a brilliant idea and not a typical wedding shot!! LOVE it!!! i am so happy that your big day was so wonderful!!! can't wait to read the rest of your trip report!!!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Yep, I'm crying now (because Illuminations is one of my favorite shows on property). I'm glad your dad got to experience it

I find the musical score for Illuminations to be incredibly moving… it gives me chills!

Weepy over here as well!
You are a lucky lady!

Very lucky.

Holly I LOVE all of the pictures! Some of my favorites are of you Brett on the monorail! What a great place to get wedding pictures!

I too love the Illuminations Cruise surprise. That is my and Adam's favorite firework show as well, and nothing will ever be as great as the first time we saw it together. I can just imagine how you felt getting to watch it from that view point as a great conclusion to your wedding day. I have to admit that I teared up a bit when you were describing your emotions during the show!
I can't wait to see you report on the Dream! Adam and I have already decided on a cruise for our honey moon (it will be my first) and I am secretly hoping that some of your (i already know amazing) pics, will help give DCL the edge!

P.S. I think your dress was amazing on you!

Hi, Melanie! What made the view of Illuminations from the pontoon so great was the reflection on the water. I was amazed by how much it enhanced the show.

The DREAM – great honeymoon choice (obviously!). I haven’t actually started the text on it yet, but I can’t wait to write about it. We really loved it. Has Adam cruised before? If so, which lines? Of the ones we’ve been on other than Disney (RCI, Carnival, NCL, Princess), Princess wins, hands down, in my book. Check out my cruise reviews if you’re at all interested… if nothing else, there are lots of pictures to browse through.

And thank you, she was my dream dress!

Yep, I'm crying along with your Illuminations story too. I just love that show. What a fabulous surprise for your families!

All your pictures turned out great! I love the monorail ones! It looked like you guys had so much fun!

We really did have an incredible time. The cruise turned out even better than I expected and everyone gushed about how much they enjoyed it, which made me all the happier.

Taking pictures was one of the highlights of the day, so I’m glad the *fun* showed through! Thanks, Krista.

yep, I had actually not had any tears till now. I have been all smiles but, now come the tears and I am sitting at work. Good thing school is out.

You both look so magical and extremely happy together. I hope you will always feel that way. There will be good days and bad days, and remember to never go to bed mad. Say I Love You everyday, and NEVER leave each other without a kiss.

Illuminations will do that to you! And that is THE perfect advice, thank you.

omg Holly could there be a more perfect story ,I('m so happy for you both that you truely had a wonderful day and just think it's only the beginning,Comgrats again and wish you all the best in your future together.I'm excited for more tr too!!

You are so right… it’s only the beginning! More trip report on the way soon, I hope!

This made me really LOL! What are people thinking sometimes? Someone once made a move to stand right in front of me during the Boo To You parade. They were a lot taller than me (not saying much as I'm about 5'3") and I wouldn't have been able to see anything. Plus we had been holding the spot for about an hour. But I saw it coming so I made sure to plant my feet wide apart enough that they couldn't fit in. The nerve of people!

I love ROE. Promise has gotten me through some tough times. I'm so glad you got a chance to do a fireworks cruise and it looked breathtaking!
OK I've been crying for awhile now so I should probably go. You two are just too adorable for words!

Ugghhh… I could go on some serious rants about people like that! I swear, my biggest pet peeve, is people who view the world as if everyone is moving in concentric circles around them. The “me, me, me” mentality drives me freakin’ crazy!

Promise. Me, too. I played that soundtrack out quite a few years ago.

Your Disney wedding is coming up next, Shelley! I’m soooooo excited to read all about your and Jason’s fairytale wedding!

I have been reading this and tearing up for every new post. Not to mention my boyfriend is tired of me saying "look at this picture". I am so happy for you and Brett and all of the pics look as beautiful and as fun as the wedding and TR sounds. I can't wait for more!!
Congrats again!!!

Thanks, Mandi. My apologies to the boyfriend! I’m glad it wasn’t all stress and we were able to really have a lot of fun throughout the entire day.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I think I've figured this out. You must be posting your updates when you get home from work. Unfortunately, the time difference catches me when I'm supposed to be making dinner. Oh-freakin-well! The guys can just have pizza until this is done! I've waited a looooong time for this.....

Yeah… often times I post at work, but these were taking up a bit too much time for that. :lol:

As I was reading I made notes on a napkin. I wasn't tearing myself away to go get real paper. Here's what I got:
- When I'm so hungry I'm starving to death but then again I'm not, this is not a time to ask me what I want to eat. I won't be able to say anything other than "food". However, if you start suggesting things nothing will appeal. Tracey is reduced to a fuming, cursing mess by this every now & then. I think it's funny. Is that wrong?

Maybe just a little. :lookaroun

Yeah… and then what’s worse is you get full so darn fast. Like, how is it that you can be ravenous, and yet after two bites, you are stuffed?! I don’t get it.

- Derek totally scores extra brownie points for being an awesome BiL & helping with the food pics. Way to go, Derek!!!

- When you said Brett pealed your shrimp it hit me...weren't you nervous to eat in your gown??? Oh I'd totally require a bib just because I know my lucky. The greasiest thing I attempt to eat will the thing I wear.

- Special drinks & desserts! Score!!!! So I need to be showing up in a floor length white dress & carry a bouquet. Got it!

Hmm… I thought I’d be all nervous about eating in my gown but I kinda forgot about it by the time we sat down to eat. I was exhausted and I guess I just didn’t have the energy to freak out. I did ask for extra cloth napkins from our “cousin.” Just didn’t use them as a bib.

Add a button to that ensemble… Disney buttons are free dessert magnets!

- Oooohhh...what a fantastic surprise! And I totally love your FP idea! That's so creative! You didn't really say, tho...was everyone surprised??? Besides Kathy?

Yes. Everyone was raving about it, and super stoked. The next morning Kathy commented on how she had no clue you could even do that. And it’s funny, because back when we were dress shopping (after Brett and I had booked the cruise), my mom and I were talking about how you couldn’t go in the parks in wedding attire, but you could go to DTD. She asked me if you could see any of the fireworks from over there, commenting on how neat it would be to watch a fireworks show on our wedding day. I played it off with some kind of “yeah that would be really cool, but I’m just going to have to accept that we can’t do that because the price of a dessert party is just too high.”

And then… SURPRISE! She and I watched Illuminations during our June 2010 trip, so she was super excited, especially because dad was going to get to experience it, too.

- I'm totally not a wedding crier: not at my wedding, my brother's wedding, my 2 brother-in-law's weddings, my parent's wedding ( don't ask), etc. You whispering "thank you" to Brett during Illuminations totally turns on the water works. I do that, too. "Thank you, my Sweetness, for giving me the dreams I never dared to dream and for making them come true."

- Wedding day mirror shot! Best. Shot. Ever. Hands down!

Add it to the “favorite little moments” part of the day for me. I know that list is adding up, but sitting on that boat and watching Illuminations with the love of my life really resonated with me.

So glad I didn’t forget to take that shot!!

- The bobby pin pl__________g. I didn't have to do that on my wedding day but picking the rice grains out of my hair was the pits. Oh! And I gotta share this: the funniest wedding night mishap I've ever heard was Tracey's sister, Stacey, and her drawstring slip. Somehow the string got tied in a knot. Her poor old man fought with that knot valiantly. He tried picking at it. He pulled at it. He even tried to chew it in half. Then he found some matches they had to light their romantic candles and burned the stinkin' string in half. Now THAT's desperation!!!!
Okay. I'm done. Come on cruise! I'm so ready to get all giddy & pumped because I know you're gonna totally rock the cruise reporting waaaay better than other cruise reports I've diligently studied. And I know you took pics for ME!!!!!!

Oh dear, grains of rice! I bet that took a while.

What a fun story! Sounds like something out of a romantic comedy.

PREACH IT! I threatened Jordan if he dared do this. I knew he wouldn't if I just simply asked, but I made sure before our wedding that he knew good and well what would (or shall we say wouldn't) happen to him if he did.

Simply Awesome. :ROFLOL:

I LOVE this shot! Disney couture all the way!

I know what you mean about getting all choked up during the moments with your dad. My mom is my best friend, but I am also an absolute daddy's girl. While my dad and I were tucked away in a corner before going down the aisle, I looked at him and said, "Don't you dare say anything nice to me." I knew that if he did I would be a slobbering, crying mess. The pictures of you with your dad brought me right back to that.

Holly, let me just say that I am so happy for you and Brett. Your wedding was b-e-a-utiful, and thank you to you both for sharing it with us. I loved all of your personal touches, especially the Illuminations fastpasses. I would love to do that some day after reading your report. You looked stunning. I loved your hair and dress so much! It fit you so perfectly. Again, congratulations, and I can't wait to read the rest!

Disney couture?! Oooh, I like that!!!

I think it’s hard finding that balance between letting ourselves go and fully experiencing an emotional moment (like the ones with our dads) and trying to hold onto enough control so we don’t look like slobbering messes, like you say. That’s why I was so thankful for the long “aisle.”

The Illuminations cruise is totally worth the purchase price. It’s a bit high ($345), but when you have enough people (max 10) on board to soak it up and enjoy it, it doesn’t seem too bad. My parents have actually said that if they can get my brother and his family down there with us sometime, then they wouldn’t hesitate to book it again.

I wanted so badly to find a dress that felt like me and had a sense of “style.” But the last thing I wanted was “trendy.” And, you know, most stylish things are also trendy. I feel like the chiffon flowers added that style I was looking for and I’m hoping that when I look back at it in ten years, the shape will keep it from being “trendy.” We’ll see though. :lol: And thank you, Rachel, for all the kind words. You were so right about how I would look back at pictures of Brett without his ring and think it looks weird. Totally doing that already!

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful! Congrats! Also, you've pretty much sold me on an escape wedding, not sure how my huge family would react to the fact that they wouldn't all be able to go, but I love how intimate your wedding day was. Looking forward to hearing about the cruise!
-Brittany

Thank you, Brittany! Promise them pretty pictures, and maybe a video! :D Seriously though, I wholly recommend it, if you think it may be right for you. I don’t know what your budget is, but there’s always the Wishes option if you can afford to spend that much ($10,000 minimum).

I have to agree with sweetpee, I love the mirror shot! Brett's expression had me laughing! He has his favorite things in the world: You and the champange and the flowers were just an added bonus haha

You know, there is more than one shot of him with those flowers!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
That's it you totally sold me on renewing our vows...hmm I wonder if its to late..we are celebrating a late five year anniversary trip in July (its actually memorial day weekend)
But you sold me. on everything.

It is always so interesting to see the before and after shots. You can tell Brett is just so relaxed and you look radiant. What a great day.

And the Illumination cruise looks amazing. I must try one of these days.
I am so happily jealous right now.

And to know we were there I could have hunted you guys down darn it..lol

Have I mentioned the “Memories” collection?! :kiss: They just recently rolled it out and it is limited time only in celebration of the 20th anniversary of DFTW. Priced at $1991. I think you can only have 4 guests though. And I think that would be hard for a lot of people. But with a vow renewal it may be doable.

The Illuminations cruise gets two thumbs up from me and is something I think we will definitely do again in the future.

"We go on..."

Oh, goodness... Illuminations gets me everytime and reading it in your trip report was just too much to handle!

(My hubby just said, "Are you reading that wedding TR again?" Why yes, yes I am!)

That's it, I'm getting a vow renewal at Disney! You sold me (you might want to contact Disney to see if you can get some commission off this - you are selling this Disney "gig" to a lot of the ladies on here!) I love the Yacht Club pictures... that's where I'll do my vow renewal!

Your wedding pictures are freakin' amazing! Seriously, I am all shades of green with envy! You have a wedding monorail picture, ok that is a new level of wedding picture awesomeness! Oh, and the one of you by the tiki gods - stunning. You are beautiful!!!

"Oh honey, can you come here? I'd like to start planning our Disney vow renewal..."

OMG… your post cracks me up. Your hubby must be really happy with me right now. :lookaroun You do know the Yacht Club gazebo is one of the escape package locations, hmm?!? I smell a vow renewal… with Uncle Matt as your Man of Honor!

And, thank you, your comment about the tiki gods picture was really kind.

I guess by now you´re sick of my comments cause I always end up expressing my feelings towards this report with the exact same words, so I´ll just go ahead and say YAAY!! you´re back!
Is it creepy to say that even though I don´t know you, you make my days happier? (yes, that sounds totally creepy :lookaroun) I mean with your posts

Creepy?! Nah… :animwink:

Omg Holly I was sooooo looking forward to the big surprise and I am not disappointed! I had to work late tonight, and I was reading it at work (shame shame). I totally choked up, I'm not gonna lie. I, too, love Illuminations, and I actually get choked up everytime I watch it. Just hearing the beginning drum beats gives me chills thinking about it right now...

YAY! I’m glad my surprise didn’t disappoint! It never fails, the drum beats and initial *bang* make my heart start beating faster!

I really really like the pictures as the evening goes on. I think better than to "official" ones. You guys look so relaxed and happy! You have one cutie pie husband I must say! Although I am pretty biased to his name since I have my own little Brett at home (p.s. did you know one of the chefs at Le Cellier is named Brett? Just a side note)

This. This is why I was so upset over my mom not having her camera during the cake/champagne celebration and such.

Gotta say, your Brett = ADORABLE. Yep, all caps!

My favorite picture, though. might be the one of you "you've gotta be friggin kidding me" look at the Ohana podium. I lol-ed out loud! I can only imagine the wave of desperation that went through you guys! Like "really? You seriously can't be doing this on our wedding day!" haha.

I'm ready for MOOOOOOOORE!!!

Momentary freak-out? Check. I love that we have a picture of it, too.

Side story just for sharing: this past weekend was my bachelorette party. We stayed in downtown St. Louis, went to eat, out to the piano bar, and dance club. At approximately 2am, Steph and I were the only ones left standing, and were dancing our rears off at the dance club. And what song does the dj bust out? Not joking: the Circle of Life. Club mix. Apparently it has a club mix I was not aware of. They even played clips from the movie on the projector where they play the music video clips. I was so super stoked, yet surprised, and laughed and danced to it. Had to share. Knew people on here would be the only ones to appreciate it!!!

That’s what I call a bachelorette party made of WIN! The Circle of Life Club Mix, who knew? I’m thinking you said you were having a May wedding. Is it this weekend or next weekend? I’m soooooo excited for you. Any butterflies yet?

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I know exactly what you mean about being starving but not wanting to eat. You brain is saying "EAT NOW" but your stomach is all like "You put anything in here and I'm gonna be angry." The same thing happened to me on my wedding.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...the shots of you guys around the Poly -- pure magic. It's amazing how you change ever so slightly to "yourself" when you get a picture taken by a family member. And I totally mean that in a good way! One thing I must add is how impressed I am at well your bouquet and leis held up. With all the running around inside and outside everyones leis still looked fantastic!

I’m still sad about not having more of those candid shots, because you’re right, there’s just something about them that makes them special. That being said, writing the report and putting it out here has already helped me tremendously with this issue. So a big thanks to everyone for that.

I was really surprised about the bouquet, as well. Especially seeing as how it went back and forth between the heat and air conditioning all day long. As for the leis, that’s one pro to artificial flowers. Another pro… we got to keep them. I think I’m going to put them in a shadow box with some of the printed materials.

Thank you, Erin.

*sigh* IllumiNations...

This show is always so amazing. The narration at the beginning really sets the tone and it just gets better from there. I can only imagine how stunning it must have looked from your vantage point. What a wonderful gift for your families

Ah yes, the bobby pins (and hairspray!). There sure is a sadness that comes along with taking the hair down, cleaning off the makeup, and getting into "normal" clothes. But I love that you two were reflecting on the day's events...so cute!

And finally, yes...Flying Fish is simply the best. Better than all the rest.

I know, when they blow out the torches I get chills!

I can only thing of one thing worse than taking down the hair and cleaning off the makeup… showing up at breakfast as a bedraggled, warmed over, bride! :lookaroun That's not to say I didn't consider this option. :lol:

Brett and I ate at the Flying Fish again on our honeymoon and I just can’t get enough of that place. We have it on our list to do the Chef’s Table at the Flying Fish, hopefully on our next trip.

Wowsa lady, your figure is KILLER! I know from your reports that you run, and your hard work shows!! ;) And I love those 2 "relaxed Brett" pics at the Beach Club too, you both look great!!! I was SOOO hoping you were gonna do the Illuminations cruise--that sounds like the most perfect way to end your intimate WDW wedding--sitting on a cushy boat, Florida breeze, fav nighttime show, a few drinks!! Awesome girl, just awesome. And thanks for sharing the required "mirror shot"!! You and Brett crack me up--move to Toronto and hang out with Steve and I!

Thank you, Nicole. Honestly, that dress did wonders. I haven’t been running much lately, but I was a slave to my Wii Fit the last couple months before the wedding… 10 minutes with the super hula hoop and a 40 minute yoga/strength routine became my go-to work out. Now, I just need to get back to it. :rolleyes:

Pretty much as soon as we got on the boat, I knew that it would be the close to our evening.

You know, I’ve always wanted to visit Toronto!

Holly, your wedding was absolutely gorgeous! You were a beautiful bride and Brett a very dashing groom. It looked like a perfect day

Thank you, djpoore. It really was a dream day!

Oooohhhhhh, I LOVE these!!!! :) Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Thanks, Darolyn! The Grand really is spectacular.

What a perfect ending to an absolute beautiful day! Love the pictures your mom took of you on the bridge. I also heart the bridge! (ahhh memories)

Great choice on the cruise! We also debated between a dessert party and the cruise (Wishes) and so gald we chose the cruise. After eating at 'Ohana there was no way more room could have been made for additional desserts and it would have been a waste.

Looking forward to the rest!

Oh yeah… I forgot you also did a cruise. What are your thoughts on the Wishes cruise? We were discussing it and wondering if the view is that much better than from the Poly beach. Do they park you right in front of the train station? I guess I’m just wondering about the perspective with regards to the castle/train station.

Wow...Really speechless after going through all of this. You guys looked great! I LOVED the pictures of you guys in the kitchen.
Congrats!!!!!!!!

Thanks, John. By the kitchen, do you mean Basin (the bath shop at GF)? If so, it’s funny you say that because everyone who sees those pictures asks if we’re in a candy store.

Okay, I too needed to make notes...

Regarding the bridezilla comment with the leis - if THAT was your bridezilla moment, the people around you were very lucky. Not unreasonable at all to want everyone to wear your leis!

The 'Ohana incident - oh wow, I would have been sick over that! So glad that they found your reservation. The "poker face" pictures are hilarious...you look like you're about to leap over the podium and tackle the CM! But hooray for Juan! Maybe they stored the reservation somewhere else since it was for the wedding?

At first I wondered if they had the reservation in a different spot because we initially booked for 12 instead of 8 (in case my brother and his family could make it), but then I realized we booked the group of 8 separately online and just called and cancelled the 12 later. So I have no clue what really happened.

Hooray for Derek, the food picture assistant! Thanks for posting those pictures. We'll be dining at 'Ohana for the first time in a little less than a month and those pictures got me really excited. That bread pudding...YUM. So nice that the CM gave you guys champagne, but the lack of a shout-out?? Come on!

I hope you end up loving Ohana! Of all the restaurants we’ve eaten at I have two standout favorites: Ohana and the Flying Fish. I wasn’t too miffed about not getting a shout out, but I hated that they didn’t do the huki lau while we were there. I LOVE the huki lau!!!

Love the bathroom story. I confess...I pulled the same move on my wedding day! Ah, memories.

*high five* I knew I couldn’t possibly be alone.

Your mom is quite the photographer! I assume you/she used the external flash for a lot of those pictures? And speaking of your mom/photography...is that a special purple wedding day camera strap I spy? So cute! You guys really didn't miss any details. On that note (and maybe someone already mentioned this and I just missed it), I have decided that you and your mom need to create some sort of Disney wedding planning business. You can collaborate on everything, with you primarily doing the printed materials while she tackles the (for lack of a better term) "soft goods" (dress bag, garter, etc.). Just don't forget to mail me my fee for coming up with the idea!

I was right about the surprise event! Woot! What a great idea to treat your family to a fireworks cruise. It sounds like it was perfect.

Love the champagne bottle and mirror pictures. Very nice.

I set my camera up with a prime lens and my external flash, and then she took all the shots. She was going back and forth between my camera and hers, but I think all the ones from the YC on were taken with mine (and the external flash).

Yep… the camera strap was made out of the same ribbon we provided Disney with for my bouquet and cake. I’m so excited you noticed! Between the two of us, we’re both very detail-oriented, that’s why I truly can’t believe how we missed the camera thing earlier in the day. OMG… what a fun business that would be!!

I figured most people would guess a dessert party for the surprise event.
And lastly...the hair. Good call making it a team effort. Did it just stay up by itself when you got all of the pins out, due to the hairspray? I remember trying to count the number of pins used in my hair when I took mine down and I think it was in the 80s...87 sort of rings a bell but I could be wrong.

Obviously CANNOT wait for more!

I didn’t count, but I did take a picture…

IMG_1275.jpg

While it didn’t stay up by itself when I took it down, it did actually fall into these really pretty curls (with a lot of volume at the top).

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Hi Holly!
We've actually cruised twice with Disney and loved both of them. We sailed the Magic for a 7-night Western Caribbean on our honeymoon and then did a 4-night on the Wonder for New Year's Eve a few years back. If you two ever get the chance to do a New Year's cruise with Disney...DO IT! It was incredible!

We’re considering the Fantasy for next spring. While we were onboard the Dream we booked again so we could get the future cruise credit… in fact, we booked two rooms because we usually cruise with my parents, so they’ll be joining us. Now we just need to find a time that works with our schedules.

Fairytale Engagements...I think it was a short lived department that just happen to be operating when I proposed back in 2002, so I lucked out. I had found some Disney engagement stories online and thought "there is no way they could have done that without help from Disney"...so I called the FTW group and they referred me to Engagements. The folks there were outstanding - they had all sorts of "packages" that you could purchase from simple romantic dinners all the way up to a $5000 package that included a pumpkin coach ride down Main St. after park closing and a proposal on the steps of the castle. I went for the Rose Garden package - they roped it off for us before Fantasy in the Sky fireworks. Had a beautiful antique loveseat, sparkling cider, chocolates & roses. I had bought our toasting flutes in advance and shipped them down, so those were waiting for us to use that night and again at our wedding. Afterwards, we got proposal pins and wedding ears. We got to sit down there and watch the fireworks and then got VIP seating for Spectro. They told the performers where we were and all of them waved and yelled "congrats" as the parade went by. It was pretty cool! We tried to contact our coordinator when we were back for our honeymoon but were told that the department had been disolved. I guess since they couldn't really advertise (because it would spoil the surprise) they weren't making enough money. I feel lucky that the timing worked out for us!

Amazing proposal story! It’s just oozing with the right amount of romance. :animwink: I think my favorite thing though is that you orchestrated a way to toast both your engagement and your wedding with the same special flutes. Gives me chills!

Oh...and the Illuminations stuff....we both got a little weepy! If you have the soundtrack CD from Illuminations, there is a song called "Promise" that plays after the show music ends. The night before I proposed, we were in EPCOT and when that song came on as we were leaving the park, Chrissy got all choked up and said "when we get married, this needs to be our first dance"...bought the CD on our way out that night and it was indeed our first dance!

Absolutely beautiful song for a first dance… and so unique. That soundtrack played on repeat in my car at one time. I don’t know another musical score that moves me quite like the music from Illuminations.

OMG Holly, your professional pictures are ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! Your wedding day seems to be all you wanted it to me and more!! Can't wait to read more!

Thank you, Reese. Jason really delivered. It was, honestly, the best day ever and I couldn’t have asked for more.

I think the leis really were worth all the hard work… but maybe we should ask my mom what she thinks!? :lol:

Now, hurry up and show me my future cruise (98 days, yo). I'm sure it will pale in comparison to my sea raycer cruise during the wedding, but..

Thank you, Kenzie. Your future cruise is coming up next… but I guess we’ll never know if the pics compare to your sea raycer pics, now, will we?! :lol:

Holly,

Thank you for the amazing account of your wedding day! Your pictures are stunning and you guys look like you had an amazing day. I'm glad my wife doesn't read these boards often or she would be pointing out to me all the places where our wedding day did not live up to yours! (but it was awesome in it's own way) Best of luck to you and Brett in the future and I'm anxiously awaiting the cruise portion of your report!

Craig

Hi, Craig. :wave: Honestly, thank you for all the kinds words and well wishes. If your wife does come across my posts, remember, a vow renewal is always an option!! I haven’t started the text yet for the cruise, but I’m planning to include lots of detail because it was our first Disney cruise.

Hey girl! Unless the Dream becomes a whoooole other kinda dream ((wink wink)) the searaycer/papparazo fiasco shall never be beat!

Again, I *demand* a meet and greet with all you paparazzo to discuss matters.

Oh my goodness. I am on comment overload right now...there's so much I want to comment on!! I am so glad you waited to do your TR until you were able to include your AWESOME photographer's pictures. Scrolling through the photos, every one that passed became my new favorite. If I had to pick 2 of my favorites, they would be...
It's funny because neither of them are of your face! The photo of Brett is so romantic, and the one of you is just gorgeous, stunning, breathtaking...I could go on and on...

Thank you, Diana, especially for all the kind words. I adore that first picture, and the one at the Grand is a favorite around here, as well.

Like a dork, I made a few notes so I could remember all I wanted to say:

1. Going back a bit in the TR, I am in love with your personalized hanger! I so wish they had those when I got married! This is why after I got married, I avoided most wedding things...I get slightly bitter when I see things that I would have wanted to have!

I did the very same thing. But I think for a slightly different reason. Reading all about the excitement and anticipation of other brides made me miss that part of the experience so much. So I just tried to avoid it.

2. Those leis look so real in photos! Excellent job!
3. So glad you didn't do the cake smashing thing. I think it can be tacky sometimes and not romantic at all. I warned my husband there would be NO cake smashing. The thought of anything getting on my gown made me hyperventilate. All that changed of course by the end of the night as the bottom of my dress looked exactly like yours.

Ditto!

4. I wish I had a great view of my husband at the end of the aisle like you had of Brett. The way people were standing in the pews at my wedding, I couldn't see Chris until I was right up on him. I was sad I wasn't able to see him when the doors opened.

Isn’t is amazing how you think you’ve planned everything down to the letter, and then little things (like people in the pews) throw it off?! I’m sorry you didn’t have that moment.

5. I love how you included the adventure of using the ladies room while in a wedding gown. I think it's something we all dread as a bride. I lost all shame by the end of the night!

No doubt an unspoken truth for brides!

6. I love, love, LOVE those photos of you guys in the arcade playing air hockey...and the ones of you at the car game are HOT! Woohoo!

I've been meaning to ask you...did you finally try the Island Sunset drink at the Poly with the POG juice?

Ahhh… the arcade. SO MUCH FUN. We were cracking up, but trying so hard to be serious. When I saw the pictures I was excited that Jason somehow managed to get a few that looked legite!

Would you believe that I haven’t tried the Island Sunset? I was going to order it one night, but didn’t end up getting it because after looking at the juices, I was afraid not enough of the POG taste would shine through. I really just need to go for it.

what?? no posts today? I was looking forward to doing some reading today. You´d better tell us you had to go back to WDW cause you forgot your toothbrush or something there this weekend Holly!
nah, just kidding! I´m really looking forward to the post-wedding report.

No posts today.. I’ve been working on my replies all night. :eek: Although, I’m really wishing I would’ve had to make the trek back to Disney for a toothbrush.

Hopefully, they’ll be an update tomorrow, but I can’t make any promises because it’s not written yet.

AMAZING!!! all of your pictures after the ceremony were outstanding!!! jason did a fabulous job!!! and i love the picture with him included. so cute and such personality in that picture. i also love the pictures of you two in the arcade! what a brilliant idea and not a typical wedding shot!! LOVE it!!! i am so happy that your big day was so wonderful!!! can't wait to read the rest of your trip report!!!

Thank you, Ashley. I, too, love that picture with Jason – it’s so much fun. Jason gets all the credit for the arcade idea… I would’ve never thought of that and those are some of the most fun pictures we took all day.

Kristia

Hi Hollybelle! This is coming from one of your trip report stalker/lurkers! I LOVE your trip reports and this one tops them all! (In fact your marathon one inspired me to run this past one and my husband and I had a blast!) I spent most of the morning reading it and getting all teary eyed. I am not usually a mush for weddings, but the story of you guys and your day was the best! Congratulations on your marriage! You guys look like such an awesome couple. Your pictures are amazing and you are making me wish I could do my wedding over and have it a WDW! Hope to see you one day in the world and thank you for your inspiration! :wave: In the meantime, I will continue stalking :ROFLOL:

DisGal

Oh yeah… I forgot you also did a cruise. What are your thoughts on the Wishes cruise? We were discussing it and wondering if the view is that much better than from the Poly beach. Do they park you right in front of the train station? I guess I’m just wondering about the perspective with regards to the castle/train station.

We loved the Wishes cruise, as did our guests, so we were very happy we decided to go with it. I thought the view was great - we were right in front of the train station, but set back a ways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom