All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPCOT Explorer

Oh, the Umbrella pavilion. Looks like a circus trapeze/spider web. I wonder what Disney could put in that place.

:eek::fork:

Nothing.:zipit:

Bring back THIS.

epcot_spaceship_earth_1982.jpg

A CLEAN view of FW and SSE. Aesthetically wonderful.

Jasonflz

Oh, true...:lol:

After that, let's go visit Dreamfinder!:sohappy:

Oh, this makes me sad...:(

:lol::lol::lol::cry::cry::cry:

Y'know something interesting? If you get luck enough, you can have a good dream about an extinct ride. The other night I had a dream that TK and AE were put back in the same exact spots and I got to ride them!

EPCOT Explorer

:lol::lol::lol::cry::cry::cry:

Y'know something interesting? If you get luck enough, you can have a good dream about an extinct ride. The other night I had a dream that TK and AE were put back in the same exact spots and I got to ride them!

I've had that. Ye olde EPCOT Center is back circa 1993...And I always hit up Horizons.:D:eek:

Strangely, the building is always covered in vines.:shrug:

Mr.EPCOT

an 180-foot tall Alucobond-clad spherical building.

When did they add that?!?! :eek:

I was on a Disney bus to EPCOT the other day when the driver spieled that Spaceship Earth was 240 or 260 feet or something like that, and mentioned to him as I disembarked that it's only 180 feet. He insisted that he was right, that that's what they tell you in training. I told him I had actually worked within the park, but that didn't seem to matter to him.

It wasn't until after I walked away that I realized that the wand had been 240-or-so feet tall. :fork:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Cherry blossoms might be pretty. Can they survive down here? The pink would be a nice contrast in the spring for the Garden Fest.

And I saw some Ancient Greece looking :)lookaroun) tall dark green trees the other day at Home Depot. Those would be nice framing SSE...

Cherry Blossoms are stunning during the three weeks they are blooming, and are otherwise just nice-looking trees. As I recall from my time in DC, they would not work well in the FLA climate. They need some freezing to trigger the blossom cycle, I think.

More green, less concrete. Palms or not. Entrance and Inno plaza specifically.

That would be an improvement.

Exactly.

And a farewell to the circus as well.:D

Remember when they did have a circus on top of Communicore? That was strange.

When did they add that?!?! :eek:

I was on a Disney bus to EPCOT the other day when the driver spieled that Spaceship Earth was 240 or 260 feet or something like that, and mentioned to him as I disembarked that it's only 180 feet. He insisted that he was right, that that's what they tell you in training. I told him I had actually worked within the park, but that didn't seem to matter to him.

It wasn't until after I walked away that I realized that the wand had been 240-or-so feet tall. :fork:

In December, a 12 year old girl on a bus told me that she liked the wand "that was always there". I told her that I went to Epcot before the wand, and that the wand was added 17 years after the park opened. Her jaw dropped to the floor when she realized the wand wasn't an original part of the park.

hpyhnt 1000

Cherry Blossoms are stunning during the three weeks they are blooming, and are otherwise just nice-looking trees. As I recall from my time in DC, they would not work well in the FLA climate. They need some freezing to trigger the blossom cycle, I think.

Cherry blossoms would be lovely, but I don't think they will grow all that well here in Florida. I'm all for more overspreading shade trees, but for the entrance, there needs to be something tall and vertical, anot short and horizontal. Palms fit the bill the best. :)

In December, a 12 year old girl on a bus told me that she liked the wand "that was always there". I told her that I went to Epcot before the wand, and that the wand was added 17 years after the park opened. Her jaw dropped to the floor when she realized the wand wasn't an original part of the park.

Dream crusher! :fork:

:p

TinkerBell9988

Just went on SSE, nothing too noticably new, BUT...

Took lots of pics, with flash. ;)

I'll upload as soon as possible, I don't have my transfer cable with me. Interesting stuff of the ceiling, sheets, lights that are up but not in use (yet).

I'm still keeping my hopes up!

hpyhnt 1000

Just went on SSE, nothing too noticably new, BUT...

Took lots of pics, with flash. ;)

I'll upload as soon as possible, I don't have my transfer cable with me. Interesting stuff of the ceiling, sheets, lights that are up but not in use (yet).

I'm still keeping my hopes up!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!! :sohappy:

Eagerly awaiting those pics! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom