"All-You-Can-Eat" offer?

lentesta

Premium Member
Original Poster
Rumor has it that WDW is test-marketing in the parks an "all you can eat" offer to folks walking around the MK. Anyone have more details on this?

Lucky

:veryconfu
Judging by the size of a lot of the guests I see at MK, this could send Disney into bankruptcy pretty quick.

DivineMadness7

That would be great. It would save people tons of money, that's for sure. They might want to at least consider it.

I doubt this would be their motivation if they do decide to consider it...

Honestly, not a great idea. It will only encourage more waste, IMHO. I even found with the regular dining plan that so much went to waste even with great planning. Not to mention all the waste I saw by others who weren't planning/caring about it as much as we were. I can't even imagine the waste with the Deluxe dining...now they're going to let people order as much as they want? Such waste and gluttony...welcome to America. :rolleyes:

kimmychad

I too wonder what kind of restaurants it would include. we don't like counter service restaurants and there's already a deluxe plan, and a counter service plan for that matter. sounds like their just trying to copy off of universal.

RiversideBunny

A guy is driving to Florida.
He sees a billboard that says
"All The Orange Juice You Can Drink For 50 Cents".

A few miles more and sees another sign,

About 10 more miles and he sees a larger sign that says,
"You Are Here- All The Orange Juice You Can Drink For 50 Cents".

He stops at the place and goes inside.
He says "I'll have a glass of orange juice, please".
The waitress hands him a glass of orange juice and she says, "That will be 50 Cents".
He pays her and drinks all his orange juice.

Then he says, "I'll have another glass of orange juice, please".
Waitress says, "That will be another 50 cents, sir".

He says, "But the sign says 'All the orange juice that you can drink for 50 cents'".
Waitress says, "That was all the orange juice you can drink for 50 cents".

Ka ching.
:)

coasterphil

In case you folks aren't familar with Universal's Meal Deal, you basically pay $25 for unlimited trips through the line at participating quick service restaurants (limited to one entree platter and dessert per pass through the line). I'd assume Disney's would be similar, and possibly a bit pricier. It really isn't a money saver for the average guests, as you would've had to have planned on eating at least two counter service meals with entree and dessert just to get your money back. I don't know that many guests who do that.

kimmychad

In case you folks aren't familar with Universal's Meal Deal, you basically pay $25 for unlimited trips through the line at participating quick service restaurants (limited to one entree platter and dessert per pass through the line). I'd assume Disney's would be similar, and possibly a bit pricier. It really isn't a money saver for the average guests, as you would've had to have planned on eating at least two counter service meals with entree and dessert just to get your money back. I don't know that many guests who do that.

we weren't too impressed with uni's selection of participating restaurants either.

lentesta

Premium Member
Original Poster
Ok, from what I understand, Disney's doing this:

* Offer is going to 300 to 500 people. These include in-park guests, and past WDW visitors who are being solicited via email.

* The emails may be targeted to people who used their Keys to the Kingdom card to pay for meals at buffets, on previous WDW visits.

* Two different offers being tested, both in the Animal Kingdom as far as I can tell:

- $15 for one all-you-can-eat meal at a counter-service restaurant.​

- $25 for two all-you-can-eat meals at counter-service restaurants.​

Disney's also running a host of other tests on things like rooms, tickets and meals, essentially to "see what sticks." More details on that soon.

EpcotServo

A guy is driving to Florida.
He sees a billboard that says

A few miles more and sees another sign,

About 10 more miles and he sees a larger sign that says,
"You Are Here- All The Orange Juice You Can Drink For 50 Cents".

He stops at the place and goes inside.
He says "I'll have a glass of orange juice, please".
The waitress hands him a glass of orange juice and she says, "That will be 50 Cents".
He pays her and drinks all his orange juice.

Then he says, "I'll have another glass of orange juice, please".
Waitress says, "That will be another 50 cents, sir".

He says, "But the sign says 'All the orange juice that you can drink for 50 cents'".
Waitress says, "That was all the orange juice you can drink for 50 cents".

Ka ching.

Hii-ooohhhh!
:lol:

RiversideBunny

If it's for 'all you can eat meal at counter service' how do they control who's eating it?
Couldn't you take the food over to your family or friends and then go back to the counter for more?

Please sir, I want more.

Craig & Lisa

Here's the flaw in this, a person goes up to start the counter all you can eat, they get what they want eat then go back up for more, but get something different, they go and sit back down and someone else at the table starts to eat the food they brought, then they get up after the other person is finished and orders again something different. Whats to keep them from doing this?? Food police???? Big problems with this I see a comin up!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom