Some things you might not know about Disney...

Southern_Tink

Original Poster
There might be a better place for this thread or it may have already been posted before but....

I'm still fairly new here and I'm learning so much stuff I did not know about Disney (and I thought I could be a disney tour guide! ha!) I thought we could have a thread posting things about Disney that you may know that others might not? Though some people may know some of the secrets it would be fun for those who don't and it would be fun for those who tell the secret to those who don't know. I'll start:

The HeadStones at HM in Disneyland are marked with the names of the imagineers who worked on the attraction.

hemloc

My sister did this:

111604Stitch8.jpg

And she had to take it down the following night:ROFLOL:!!!

Kingdom WDW

There were originally supposed to be five hotels on Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake:

- The Polynesian in the form of a multi-story tower
- The Persian located north of the Contemporary
- The Tempo Bay Resort, which gave way to the Contemporary
- The Venetian Resort, located between the TTC and the Contemporary
- The Asian Resort, located on the site the Grand Floridian sits on today.

(Please tell me if the locations are wrong.)

hpyhnt 1000

The architecture of The Hollywood Tower Hotel (Tower of Terror) is gothic in design with a Mediterranean flavor. The reason is ToT is visble from World Showcase, but only from one specific area. At this location, the Morocco pavilion is in the foreground. The placement and architecture of ToT is meant to blend in with the design and style of the Morocco pavilion when viewed from WS, making it look like ToT is part of the pavilion. Kudos to Disney on the detail.

CedricCSCFL

The architecture of The Hollywood Tower Hotel (Tower of Terror) is gothic in design with a Mediterranean flavor. The reason is ToT is visble from World Showcase, but only from one specific area. At this location, the Morocco pavilion is in the foreground. The placement and architecture of ToT is meant to blend in with the design and style of the Morocco pavilion when viewed from WS, making it look like ToT is part of the pavilion. Kudos to Disney on the detail.
I took a picture of that last Friday when I was over there for the 4th!:
20080706FourthWDWFPPom040Large-vi.jpg

And I got one of France and the Swan Resort:
20080706FourthWDWFPPom042Large-vi.jpg

WOO!

Elonwy

The Tower of Terror is 199 feet tall. If it reached 200 feet there would legally have to be airplane warning lights on top and that wouldn't fit with the theming

vwayfan123

You can see the Epcot golf ball from the moon.:rolleyes:

There is no gum sold in WDW. Is this true?

i find that very hard to believe. from what i know the great wall in china is the only manmade object visible from the moon, which i also find hard to believe...if anyones even been to the moon....

and yes, no gum is sold on disney property, i found it funny to see condoms for sale in one of the poly gift shops. the hotel i work for dosnt even sell them..! Magical:p

yankspy

i find that very hard to believe. from what i know the great wall in china is the only manmade object visible from the moon, which i also find hard to believe...if anyones even been to the moon....

and yes, no gum is sold on disney property, i found it funny to see condoms for sale in one of the poly gift shops. the hotel i work for dosnt even sell them..! Magical:p
I guess the sarcasm gene missed you at birth.:lol: If you find it hard to believe that the great wall of china is visible from the moon, then good, because it is the most ridiculous myth that floats around. That was why I referenced it with the sarcastic smiley.

jeffk410

Im pretty sure

that the smells you smell on main street are filtered in just like in some of the shows. Like the smell of the candy shop is actually filtered in by the same type of machine as the one in philarmagic.

raven

I guess the sarcasm gene missed you at birth.:lol: If you find it hard to believe that the great wall of china is visible from the moon, then good, because it is the most ridiculous myth that floats around. That was why I referenced it with the sarcastic smiley.

This is true. The wall from that distance would be like seeing a single strand of hair from 12 feet away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom