Some things you might not know about Disney...

hpyhnt 1000

The building that hold the American Adventure in Epcot uses four different colors of brick and three shades of white to compansate for the effect of light at different distances to give the building a consistant sillouette.

Really? Now that, I did not know.

Here's another: Main Street is actually built on a two degree incline toward Cinderella Castle. At night, those two degrees make the walk down Main Street just a little bit easier on everyone's tired feet. :)

hemloc

Really? Now that, I did not know.

Here's another: Main Street is actually built on a two degree incline toward Cinderella Castle. At night, those two degrees make the walk down Main Street just a little bit easier on everyone's tired feet. :)

And the incline leads towards the gift shops;)!!

Disneykidder

In Haunted Mansion~~the dancing ladies are leading the men.:)

In Hall of Presidents~~Bill Clinton is wearing a Mickey Mouse tie and the others are wearing regular ties.:)

Very cool about the incline...Disney is so amazing!!

jmvd20

I thought they looked alike! Also, I have read and seen videos as well saying the castle has no stones. That's why I'm a little confused!

The castle fascade itself is actually fiberglass panels that have been made to look like stones. However the foundation of the castle is concrete so there is truth to both statements, depending on how you want to interpret them.

Jerriko

The Gum not being sold is to stem the tide of chewed gum plastered on the queues for this same reason markers are not sold at WDW

Chris

elisatonks

All the shop facades on Sunset Boulevard at DHS are copies famous movie theatres in Hollywood. The shop next to Beauty and the Beast is a replica of the Carthay Circle Theater which is where Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs premiered way back on December 21, 1937!

Southern_Tink

Original Poster
In Haunted Mansion~~the dancing ladies are leading the men.:)

In Hall of Presidents~~Bill Clinton is wearing a Mickey Mouse tie and the others are wearing regular ties.:)

Very cool about the incline...Disney is so amazing!!

I knew that about Haunted Mansion but I did not know that about Hall of Presidents...I'll pay attention to that on my next trip!

Expo_Seeker40

The carousel of progress was accidentally installed backwards at WDW (an early GE report to WED indicated that the show was to remain clockwise with adjustments given to the 1940s scene, and 1960s scene (which became the 1970s scene)

however, someone screwed up and the stages were installed first (as they were in NYC, and Disneyland) but backwards!!!

where the 1890s scene is now, should have been the contemporary scene.

when the theater was installed later, they just had it revolve counterclockwise, however sometimes if the carousel swings too far past its normal stop, CM's will have it rotate the correct way (clockwise) to be in the correct stop so guests can view the act they are watching.

Of the times I have been on the CoP only 2 times had the theater revolve just slightly clockwise....it was fun :lol:

Spike-in-Berlin

The 4 Hotels in the MK area are representing 4 lands of MK, as was originally planned from the beginning on.

Disney's Polynesian - Adventureland

Grand Floridian - Main Street USA

Wilderness Lodge - Frontierland

Contemporary Resort - Tomorrowland

A fifth resort representing Fantasyland is still missing and topic of many rumors and discussions for decades.

There was no hotel planned for Liberty Square though.

PaisleyMF

Isn't the color of the floor at Epcot a special color design by Disney and Kodak so the pictures are more vibrant (specially on the old films)?

Rufus T Firefly

Disney security buries the bodies of those who try to sneak a peak at the castle missiles in the HMs "fake" graveyard, and the dye on the turkeylegs is made from blood drained from the corpses. It all akes place in the caves on Tom Sawyers island

So it is true. I have always suspected as much. :eek:

Thumper's Mom

The 4 Hotels in the MK area are representing 4 lands of MK, as was originally planned from the beginning on.

Disney's Polynesian - Adventureland

Grand Floridian - Main Street USA

Wilderness Lodge - Frontierland

Contemporary Resort - Tomorrowland

A fifth resort representing Fantasyland is still missing and topic of many rumors and discussions for decades.

There was no hotel planned for Liberty Square though.

Shouldn't Fronteirland be represented by Fort Wilderness? Wilderness Lodge came year later.

O'Malley

My favorite piece of trivia:

There was a wave machine at the Polynesian resort when it opened in 1971, but it was closed within months due to erosion of the beach front. You can still see the black rail (of the wave machine) next to the island directly in front of the beach.

Whenever we rent a boat to cruise the lagoon/lake, we always make sure to cruise by that strip right next to that island. I always thought it would have been cool to have waves coming in to the Polynesian beach. :)

Spike-in-Berlin

Shouldn't Fronteirland be represented by Fort Wilderness? Wilderness Lodge came year later.

Fort Wilderness is basically a better campground with bungalows. But the resorts planned in the MK-area were all designed as deluxe-resorts. And it's true WL came much later. But that doesn't mean that there was no plans for it. It will be the same for the Fantasyland-resort if it will ever be built.

Elonwy

not sure if this one is true or rumour...feel free to respond if you know...but I read that the original Haunted mansion in Disneyland has a gunshot hole in the glass above the ballroom scene and that since the glass was too expensive to replace (it's a full sheet so the roof would have to be removed) they painted the cracks around the hole to resemble a spiderweb

also, re: the ladies leading the men...I love that story, since it was just a big goof on the part of the workers. It was more than likely a miscommunication problem in not letting the ghost designers know that guests wouldn't be seeing the actual figures but their reflections...hence the backwards dancing

I'm sure if Homer were there it would have been a big D'OH moment when they realized :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom