How busy is the 2nd week of December?

gregburg

Original Poster
Just curious, is the second week of December very busy? Looks like it could be a good time to go.

Oh, and how is MVMCP? Is it packed most of the time? Or is it easy to get on rides?

Thanks!
-Greg

mbroschak

Never been during the 2nd week of decemeber, but we just went to the MVMCP for the first time and it was awesome. I don't want to ruin any of the surprises, but it is definitely worth the extra money (especially if you stay right until midnight to get your moneys worth).
The party was pretty crowded until the fireworks were over (which are the best disney fireworks I've ever seen), but at about 10pm, the crowds really start to lighten up and if you can make it to that last hour, the park is pretty much yours. Mind you it was very cold that night, so I can't speak for if it was warmer, but I'm from Canada so it didn't bother me. Make sure you go to all the shows early in the night when the rides are still crowded and worry about rides later on. Hit the snack stations where they hand out cookies and hot chocolate for free (well I guess you already paid extra for it). It will definitely put you in the christmas spirit. Get your tickets early as it was sold out the day of and that was earlier in November before thanksgiving, let alone December when everyones excited for Christmas. Have fun!!!

conntom

the second week of December very busy? I would say NO I have been going
the second week of December for years I love it. I think the Hotels are just
a little better in Price. Out of the 24 years 19 the second week of Dec
its great as for MVMCP Is it packed most of the time?Yes. Is it easy to get on rides? I would say Yes just go when the Parade starts but you must see
the fireworks they are the best. Have a great time.

:xmas:

o

My family is going the second week the 9th-16th and from what we here it is supposed to be very crowded. A lady my sister works with said she wanted to go that week and was told by a travel agent that all of the hotels are booked, and that there are absolutely no rooms. The agent told her the week of the TV Christmas Parade filming is always super crowded.

This will be my family's first time going in December and we are starting to get a little worried about crowds. We used to go during Thanksgiving but started looking for other times because of the crowds.

Bravesfn1

Remember Mousefest will be going on then, lots of fun events to attend and activities to take part in. Not sure how that will effect crowds, but something to be aware of.

disney magic 06

We went for 11 days from 4th December last year and it was great. The buses were never full and the queues were non-existent or less than 10 mins for most rides. The only long waits we had were one time on Soarin and once on Buzz Lightyear. Also were were able to make breakfast/dinner reservations only a day or two in advance, including character meals. The hotel was very quiet too.

The only thing I would say is take some warm clothes! :xmas:

kennygman

My family is going the second week the 9th-16th and from what we here it is supposed to be very crowded. A lady my sister works with said she wanted to go that week and was told by a travel agent that all of the hotels are booked, and that there are absolutely no rooms. The agent told her the week of the TV Christmas Parade filming is always super crowded.

This will be my family's first time going in December and we are starting to get a little worried about crowds. We used to go during Thanksgiving but started looking for other times because of the crowds.

I'm not sure who your sister's co-worker spoke to, but they are wrong. I just went to disneyworld.com and they have lots of rooms available for 9-16 Dec. Values included.

Besides, we went during the first week of free dining in August which totally sold every room. As long as we avoided the EMH park, we had a blast with light crowds. (Most people see this advice, but don't follow it.) Orlando is still in school, so the only bump you'll see is on the weekend.

The only date that Disney changed schedule on is 9th due to a bump from the end of the PW. They added an hour to MK that day.

AS Sports and Music still have standard rooms
AS Music have suites too
Pop is the only one that doesn't list available rooms

CB has all room types
PO riverside has standard
CS has rooms

AKL, BC, BW has rooms
FW has cabins

DVC
BW, OKW Saratogoa has rooms

Touringplans shows it to be a light week after the 9th also.
Sat, 09 Dec '06 7
Sun, 10 Dec '06 5
Mon, 11 Dec '06 4
Tue, 12 Dec '06 3
Wed, 13 Dec '06 4
Thu, 14 Dec '06 4
Fri, 15 Dec '06 4
Sat, 16 Dec '06 6

WishIwasThere

We went last year during the second week of Dec. and the crowds weren't too bad, 30 min wait max on rides at MK. Pretty empty in the evenings, walk on for most rides (5 min wait on Dumbo!!!). MVMCP was awesome, kids had a blast. Everything was decorated and beautiful.

Kind of fun watching the natives all bundled up like it is snowing out, while we had our wind breakers on, (70's during the day 50's in evening).

Have fun.:wave: We'll be there in 59 more days.:sohappy:

kennygman

We went last year during the second week of Dec. and the crowds weren't too bad, 30 min wait max on rides at MK. Pretty empty in the evenings, walk on for most rides (5 min wait on Dumbo!!!). MVMCP was awesome, kids had a blast. Everything was decorated and beautiful.

Kind of fun watching the natives all bundled up like it is snowing out, while we had our wind breakers on, (70's during the day 50's in evening).

Have fun.:wave: We'll be there in 59 more days.:sohappy:

Got down into the upper 20's :eek: and lower 30's :cool: when we went the week before Christmas. Needed that cold gear then.:xmas:

bugsbunny

I've been going in the first or second week of December for years now and I wouldn't do it any other way. Compared to other trips I've made at other parts of the year, I have to say that I'm spoiled. I'm so used to the little crowds in December that when I go other times of the year, I can't stand it.

Other than the weekend when you get a lot of locals, the week days during this time of the year get you 5 minute wait time on most rides with the occasional 20 minute wait. If you get lucky, sometimes you can get right on a ride with no waiting at all.

The only thing that is ever an issue is the Pop Warner Super Bowl that is hosted around this time. You could end up at a park when all the games are done and now you have an influx of what seems like 10,000 hyped up screaming kids all at once. I've had that happen before at MGM. It turned a 5 minute wait at ToT into 75 minutes in no time at all. Same for the Rockin Rollercoaster.

I'm leaving Monday the 4th and staying until next week on the 12th. With all the hotels and parks decorated and the small crowds, this is probably the best time of the year to go, IMHO.

moonfacedgirl

We'll be there the 10th through the 16th! Everyone we've spoken to says it's the best time to go. Light crowds. Short lines. And everything is beautiful.

I'm hoping it's cold at least one day! We were there in February and it got down into the low 30's a couple of nights. We almost froze watching Illuminations, but it was really memorable!

krankenstein

I've gone that time of the year before and it wasnt crowded at all. However, we are going down the 15th-17th for alittle break (going to one park on the 16th) and the lady I talked to when I booked said they were almost full.

I had to get a family suite at ASMU b/c AKL, WL, all the moderates, and all the value resorts (cept the family suites) were coming up as full and I refuse to pay $300 a night for a room I will only be in for a few hours a day. That said it will be fun if it is busy or not...of course I am hoping it wont be that bad. :)

kennygman

I've gone that time of the year before and it wasnt crowded at all. However, we are going down the 15th-17th for alittle break (going to one park on the 16th) and the lady I talked to when I booked said they were almost full.

I had to get a family suite at ASMU b/c AKL, WL, all the moderates, and all the value resorts (cept the family suites) were coming up as full and I refuse to pay $300 a night for a room I will only be in for a few hours a day. That said it will be fun if it is busy or not...of course I am hoping it wont be that bad. :)

It looks like the 9th or 10th to the 15th to 16th is pretty open. After that you're starting to get into Christmas season.

eroyee

:wave: We are going the 9-15 of December and we dont expect it to be too crowded. Going to MVMCP on the 14th. We might run into one day of the Pop Warner, but after that they should go home, hopefully!! 7 more days. 6 more days tomorrow!! Too excited to sleep!!! woo hoo!!!!:xmas: :sohappy:

kennygman

PW is an annual little league football tournament/championship. They have different age levels and it brings thousands to the hotels. It is the first week of DEC. Going on right now.

In 5 Days I'll be at MGM

mkylovr

For my first time going ever, we will be there the 9th to the 16th. When i booked the trip by calling Disney, the guy told me that this is one of the best times to go there. I can not wait. I hope that it is warm there. we just got our first snowfall today so it will be nice to go to sunny warm weather.

i can not wait to see the decorations and the MVMCP. :xmas: :xmas: :xmas:

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

hokielutz

We're flying down this Wednesday morning and staying until monday the 11th. I'd be interested to hear what the crowds are like from this weekend and today & Tuesday. We would love to stay for an entire week... but our work only allows us to make a long weekend out of the trip.

Anyone have insight into that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom