News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

osian

So is mission breakout.
...which underwent a reprogramming of the drop sequence to make it a completely different experience from ToT, whereas Incredicoaster is the same ride experience. Florida's ToT also had a reprogramming at one stage which also had a big positive effect on the experience.

rle4lunch

...which underwent a reprogramming of the drop sequence to make it a completely different experience from ToT, whereas Incredicoaster is the same ride experience. Florida's ToT also had a reprogramming at one stage which also had a big positive effect on the experience.
My engineering brain would like to know how to reprogram a rollercoaster, lol. There's only so much you can do. But yes, incredicoaster was value engineered to its current state, but the music makes it more enjoyable than the original screamin soundtrack.

doctornick

So, we talked about how doing a LK (or even Pandora) ride in parallel with Tropical Americas would be good to balance out crowds to different parts of the park. On a tangent for that - with DAK being relatively large and spaced out, it would IMHO be really cool if they could bring back the Discovery River boats. Not so much as a "ride" or "attraction" but just for transportation around the park. In particular, I think it would be cool if they could build a new dock in Tropical Americas (or use the old one right across the river that is used for a M&G now) and then connect it to a dock in the new part of Africa (I'm thinking right next to the bathrooms across from the FOTLK theater). That's basically a halfway ride around the river and could be helpful for guests with mobility issues as well as create some kinetics on the river.

In the Parks
No
So, we talked about how doing a LK (or even Pandora) ride in parallel with Tropical Americas would be good to balance out crowds to different parts of the park. On a tangent for that - with DAK being relatively large and spaced out, it would IMHO be really cool if they could bring back the Discovery River boats. Not so much as a "ride" or "attraction" but just for transportation around the park. In particular, I think it would be cool if they could build a new dock in Tropical Americas (or use the old one right across the river that is used for a M&G now) and then connect it to a dock in the new part of Africa (I'm thinking right next to the bathrooms across from the FOTLK theater). That's basically a halfway ride around the river and could be helpful for guests with mobility issues as well as create some kinetics on the river.
Turn the dragon fire effect back on for some fan service!

In the Parks
No
Turn the dragon fire effect back on for some fan service!
I posted a question about this in an old thread here, but does anyone know when they finally stopped shooting the fire out? I know I saw it from the Camp Minnie-Mickey bridge several years after the boats stopped. I don't want to derail the conversation here, so anyone who has the answer, please respond in the other thread.

Bocabear

That would be great to bring them back in service, AND add settings and enhancements to make it more like the ride it was supposed to be...Like the train at Magic Kingdom, it is transportation plus an attraction... I think it would add a lot of visual interest all over the park, and add some much needed kinetics on the water...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There would have to be some serious problems with the design to not be approved eventually.

It was pretty minor, here are the issues SFWMD found and Disney's responses:

1. Commercial zoned projects shall provide at least one-half inch of dry detention or retention pre-treatment as part of the required retention / detention. Please revise the design of the stormwater management system to provide the required one-half inch dry pre-treatment. (Section 4.2.2(a), Vol. II)

Response: The project area is zoned theme park and consists of office trailers to support the land use. Based on this, the proposed improvements do not warrant pre-treatment.

2. Please be advised that the minimum finished floor elevations should be at or above the stage of the 100-year/3-day storm event. Please be advised that the minimum parking lot elevations should be at or above the stage of the 10-year/1-day storm event. Please be advised that the minimum roadway centerline elevations should be at or above the stage of the 10-year/1-day storm event or the stormwater system control elevation plus two feet.[Section 3.4 & 3.5, Vol. II]

Response: The minimum finished floor, parking lot elevations, and roadway centerline elevations are now summarized in the engineering narrative. The total basin area for Basin FG remains the same as the original permit and the amount of impervious area after the project is less than the originally permitted impervious area. Therefore, the routing and stage information from App. No. 940516-1 are still valid. The peak stage elevations for Pond FG were taken from the staff report of App. No. 940516-1, for the 10 year – 72 hour and 100 year – 72 hour storm events, and were summarized in the narrative. Based on the peak stages, the minimum design elevations were summarized within the engineer’s narrative, as well. The finished floor elevations for each of the proposed buildings are 105.75’ (NGVD), which is above the minimum finished floor of 96.49’ (NGVD). Lastly, the lowest parking lot and/or roadway elevation proposed with this application is 100.1’ (NGVD), which is above the minimum elevation of 96.15’ (NGVD).

Brer Panther

I initially rolled my eyes at this, but I gave it some more thought and decided that a carousel composed entirely of animals from various Disney movies isn't in of itself a bad idea... I mean, it's not a GREAT idea, but I don't hate it...

...but why is it in this new "Tropical Americas" land? The Lion King and Finding Nemo don't take place in the Tropical Americas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom