News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

jeanericuser001

You seem very sure about this, even tho...

...seems to indicate a lack of surety.

Do you know for certain that Encanto will be a show from reliable insider info?

All the clues I have seen so far point to it. They are taking the same approach with the lion king where you start with stage production, followed by a limited park production, and finally a new permanent home.

Tha Realest

All the clues I have seen so far point to it. They are taking the same approach with the lion king where you start with stage production, followed by a limited park production, and finally a new permanent home.
It also makes sense as it leans heavily into the film’s strength - the songs - as opposed to certain action beats

ToTBellHop

Did you actually read the article you posted? That’s not the DAK project previously discussed by Disney.

doctornick

A third is a mistake IMHO. A third is as expected IP based but got my attention. And a third is lip service.

Maybe.
Appreciate the response. Follow up question: are you talking about DAK plans specifically? Or plans for WDW as a whole? Or worldwide parks ideas?

I’m guessing you are referring to what they are looking at for WDW but don’t want to be presumptuous.

lentesta

Premium Member
Just curious, what is actually being proposed for the Encanto ride? Even taking out the surrounding trees and support buildings, it’s not a massive area for a C or D Ticket dark ride.
View attachment 773716

I could be wrong, but it seems like there's enough room for something the size of POTC if:
  • TriceraTop Spin is relocated
  • All of Chester & Hester's goes away
  • Some of the treeline between those and Dinosaur is used
  • Some of the maintenance buildings in the back are relocated
I don't think they're going to build something the size of POTC. But it seems like there's enough space there to do something decent.

jeanericuser001

Did you actually read the article you posted? That’s not the DAK project previously discussed by Disney.
Disney has been testing the waters on this for years. Stage shows. A supposed broadway musical. And now a small production to see how it works on a limited stage. They even have a big event on disney plus to also test the waters.

monothingie

I'm both Crunchy and Delicious!
Premium Member
I could be wrong, but it seems like there's enough room for something the size of POTC if:
  • TriceraTop Spin is relocated
  • All of Chester & Hester's goes away
  • Some of the treeline between those and Dinosaur is used
  • Some of the maintenance buildings in the back are relocated
I don't think they're going to build something the size of POTC. But it seems like there's enough space there to do something decent.
Seems reasonable. The support buildings appear to be for the marina, not that any of that is really in use or can't be relocated. You can really get thrown off by scale of the concept art.

monothingie

I'm both Crunchy and Delicious!
Premium Member
I don’t know about Zootopia apart from we’re planning on getting to Shanghai next year 😁
Meme Think GIF

Brer Panther

I'm cringing at the thought of all those dinosaur animatronics being destroyed like the ones from Universe of Energy. Where exactly did Iger and his crew get the idea that people don't like dinosaurs anymore?
I don't know why Disney is always so intent on replacing and not adding new attractions.
Apparently it's cheaper to replace stuff instead of actual expansion?
I still think that the Encanto attraction will be a trackless ride similar to Mystic Manor in HKDL. The house comes to life in the movie. It just seems like a no brainer to me.
No more trackless dark rides, please. The novelty has worn off.
Dinoland was the only area that needed attention.
Attention, not a full-on replacement.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I'm cringing at the thought of all those dinosaur animatronics being destroyed like the ones from Universe of Energy. Where exactly did Iger and his crew get the idea that people don't like dinosaurs anymore?

If they'll use the dino animatronics to make a diaroma on the wdwrr but they're not that smart. I actually think Encanto is one of the few IPs that works really well for a trackless dark ride but it's definitely getting overused.

jeanericuser001

Sadly its a lot worse than you realize. The dinosaur animatronics are breaking down. They don't work like they use to. They are pulling the same disco yeti tricks as they employ at Expedition everest. Replacing them is tricky because the technology is now antique compared to the modern tech. Taking out the animatronics will take a while plus they may expand the building to allow for more vehicle traffic. Then they put in the new track and build around it until the finished design is complete. Then comes the testing and finally opening of the new ride. It will give the illusion of trackless but anyone who has looked at the track for dinosaur knows better than that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom